Qa Analyst Resume
- A highly - motivated QA Analyst/Tester with 6+ years of software quality / functionality testing expertise via Manual Testing and Automation Testing for Client/Server and Web application.
- Proficient in conducting different types of testing like Functional, Integration, Performance, Regression, System, GUI, Security, Compatibility, Load/Stress, Installation, Ad-hoc and Assurance testing.
- In depth knowledge of SDLC, manual testing and bug life cycle.
- Expert in test script development and coordinating with development team to fix bug.
- Experienced in defining Testing Methodologies, Designing Test Plans and Test Cases, Test Automation.
- Test Execution of test case based on teh user requirements and system requirements document for functional, security, performance and usability testing in black box testing.
- Identified test automation requirements and tool selection to reduce risk and cost.
- Experience in working on automation framework.
- Experience in Defect management (Tracking and Reporting), error guessing, and error seeding.
- Experience in preparing teh Test Closure Report (TCR) and testing checklist.
- Has good working knowledge of Automation tools like QTP, QC and Load Runner.
- Experience in inserting synchronization points in teh script using QTP.
- Gathering test data from SQL server using SQL queries.
- Worked on Scripting, Execution, and Reporting.
- Experience in parameterization of objects to verify teh application with multiple sets of data.
- Comprehensive understanding of Quality Center Defect Module, which supports teh entire defect lifecycle- from initial problem detection through fixing teh defect and verifying teh fix.
- Proficient in all cycles of test life cycle from test planning to defect tracking and managing defect lifecycle.
- Performance testing knowledge in creating virtual users and testing load, stress, scalability testing using load runner.
- Part of UAT halping teh users to test in UAT environment, trained users and prepared user-training documents.
- Developing and maintaining Test Scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing teh defects.
- Gathering test results and provide testing feedback to teh Project Manager.
- Experience in working with agile management framework.
- Knowledge of Requirement Traceability Matrix.
Methodologies: Agile/Scrum and Waterfall
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, IBM Rational Quality manager(RQM) Quick Test Pro (QTP), Soap UI
Operating Systems: Windows /XP, UNIX, Linux, window - vista
Scripting Languages: VBscript, HTML, XML, WSDL, SQL, and Visual Basic.
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase, MySQL
Database Tools: SQL Plus, TOAD, SQL Developer, SSMS, Rapid SQL
Reporting Tools: Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy
Language/Scripts: VBscript, JAVA Script, C++, Visual Basic, HTML, XML, WSDL, SQL, and Visual Basic.
Defect Tools: Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, Jira, Bugzilla
Software package: MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point
- Involved in analyzing system requirement and developed detailed test plans for system testing.
- Designed and developed test strategies, test plan, and test cases.
- Monitored, maintained, and evaluated teh application’s behavior in different phase of testing.
- Conducted User Interface testing to evaluate teh user-friendliness of teh application.
- Performed security testing to keep teh completely online (customer access system) process secured.
- Involved in regression testing by reviewing source code after each build.
- Performed functional and system testing to ensure it against given requirement.
- Designed and developed user scripts using Load Runner.
- Tested teh application for multiple data using QTP.
- Identified teh product related bugs and prepared reports and graphs using QC.
- Identified priority and severity of teh defect identified.
- Analyzed throughput, response time, hit per second, transaction summary etc.
- Participated in meetings and reviews to evaluate documents, plans, code, risk, specifications, and approval process for project deliverables within deadlines.
- Perform Load, soak, and stress testing to analyze teh performance of teh system under load.
- Interacted with developers and users to resolved critical and major bugs.
- Performed Functional, Integration, UAT and System testing on teh application
Environment: Load Runner, QTP, QC, Windows Vista/ XP, SQL, HTML
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Created templates for Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Case, Defect Report, Periodic and End of Project Reports.
- Supported lead in teh implementation new tools (HP QC, HP QTP) within teh Branch. Performed demos and orientation for projects moving on to teh tools.
- Involved in GUI testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Ad -hoc testing, Negative testing, End to End testing, Load testing and UAT- User Acceptance testing.
- Involved in Back end testing to write teh SQL queries and execute teh queries using TOAD.
- Worked with business stakeholders in creating user acceptance criteria and conducted/coordinated UAT.
- Responsible for defect tracking and reporting teh defects, and also worked closely with teh development team to ensure high quality and timely releases.
- Delivered most of sprints within 70% of estimated time, overcoming complex technical challenges to meet \customers' business requirements.
- Involved in Issue assessment, Risk analysis and Change management to articulate and resolve teh business needs.
- As a QA created a Checklist as a process of Verification and validation test process.
- Involved in Collecting and importing test Data and its validation.
- Provided teh management with test metrics, reports, and schedules as necessary and participated in teh design walkthroughs and meetings.
- Worked closely with System Architects, ETL, Operations and other Quality Analyst teams to provide Use cases and Algorithms to satisfy Business requirements.
- Assured benefit structure was in compliance with HIPAA EDI 4010 and 5010 with ICD-9
- Worked withFACETSTeam for HIPAAClaims Validation and VerificationProcess (Pre-Adjudication)
- Created Functional specifications for the834 enrolmentfiles with their changed benefits in teh Medicare program.
- Involved inclaim adjudication processoffacetsapplication.
Environment: Windows XP, MS-Project, MS-Visio, Rational Rose, Clear Case, Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Test Director, QTP, QC, Oracle, Toad, Facets, Java, Web 2.0.
- Analyzed teh business requirements and project specs and involved in creating Test Plans and Test Cases for Billing and Data Management.
- Worked with teh Business Analyst to review test requirements, develop test plans, test data and expected results necessary to thoroughly test teh business requirements for billing system enhancements or new products.
- Coordinated with team for Functional and Regression Testing using Quick Test Pro (QTP).Worked on UAT for data sharing in teh integrated environment. me was responsible for providing data to teh UAT team, examine teh defects raised by them and resolving other issues.
- Worked with teh environment support team to establish testing environments and resolve issues with teh environments before teh start and during execution.
- Identified critical test cases for regression testing using teh priority field of QC.
- Execute teh test plans to produce actual results and worked with Business Analyst to validate actual test results verses expected results and ensured teh test requirements are met.
- Created schedule for our effort and included that in manager’s management plan.
Environment: SQL, TOAD, Rational Clear Quest Test Director, Windows 98/2000, Win Runner.
- Involved in creating Test Plan according to teh business requirements and system specification documents.
- Developed Test Cases in test plan, executed in test lab using Quality Center.
- Logged teh bugs in Defects tab in Quality center.
- Executed teh test cases in several phases as teh developers fixing teh bugs.
- Tracked and reported upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines, etc.
- Participated in system specification meetings; analyzed user requirements, coordinated with team members.
- Performed Manual system, functional and Integration testing with QC.
- Used Online Monitor graphs to analyze or study teh behavior of teh application.
- Conducted Database testing by using different SQL commands.
- Tested general categories like Feature Stability, Comprehensive Verification and Regression, Functionality, and Performance.
- Checked database to determine successful transaction of test data from teh application using SQL commands.
- Used Quality Center for reporting and tracking bugs.
- Involved in setting up teh Automated Testing Environment for creating, and running automated tests using QTP.
- Routinely work with Team/Site Managers to insure test progress reporting needs are being met.
- Build working relationship with Confidential Home Mortgage partners in other departments.
Confidential, Addison, TX
QA Manual Tester
- Preparing a Test Plan as per teh requirement/Specifications.
- Used Quality Center for Test management and Defect Tracking.
- Supporting and testing multiple applications individually.
- Manually executed teh test cases and also used Quality Center to open defects.
- Reviewing FSD and BRD documents to prepare test plans and test scripts.
- Performing complex analysis of business requirements and system analysis.
- Performing data conditioning, regression testing and test validations.
- Testing contract management application which was developed in .Net.
- Analyzing teh business requirements, specifications, creating and executing Test plans, Test cases and Test Scripts.
- Estimated time lines for testing teh entire Call flows.
- Created test scenarios and test cases based on vision flows, call flows and flow charts.
- Analyzing teh specifications and communicating teh spec-related issues to teh client.
- Involved in high level meetings with Project Manager, Business Analysts, Developers and all other team members to resolve issues.
- Attending teh regular client call and discuss weekly status with teh client.
- Checked for timely delivery and different milestones.
- Motivate team members.
- Checked for timely delivery and different milestones and motivate team members.
- Produce Test Scripts in such a form that they can be used by trained users during UAT and signed-off with results recorded.
- Performed compatibility testing with different vendors.
- Extensively involved in Regression Testing.
- Determined security issues and proposed technical solutions.
Environment: Quality Center 9.0, Oracle 9i, QTP, C#, UNIX, SQL, Agile, MS-Office, Windows
- Interacted with both teh Business and Development teams to understand teh requirements and design of teh application
- Involved in writing/designing/debugging detailed design specifications and test plan/ test cases, test scripts to be executed by internal team for functional testing on multiple platforms
- Developed test cases which cover 100% requirements
- Worked closely with Functional Architects and Developers to isolate, track and troubleshoot defects and monitored until resolved
- Performed functional testing of billing module, which contained information about customer calls, duration and rates
- Validating teh bill format against standards using Putty
- Executed SQL Queries to verify teh dataflow from teh backend and validated teh customer bill
- Performed Integration, System, Regression, and User Acceptance testing (UAT) of an application.
- Bug reporting, tracking and documentation on teh Bug tracking System using Quality Center
- Participated in Weekly Status meeting with teh Development and Management teams to discuss bugs and other issues
Environment: UNIX, Java, Oracle, SQL, Toad, Quality Center, AMDOCS billing & CRM, IE, Netscape Navigator & Fire Fox
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes