Qa Analyst Resume
- As a QA Analyst / Test Engineer with experience in all phases of software lifecycle, developing Test Cases, Test Plan and Automation test scripts using HP (Mercury) Quick Test Professional (QTP) and performance testing in HP LoadRunner in Client/Server, Windows, UNIX/Linux, Web Services and Web based applications.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development life Cycle (SDLC) and importance of QA in Development/ Enhancement and Maintenance of software applications. Expertise in Manual and Automated Testing in different testing methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Waterfall etc.
- Hands - on experience in Web services testing using standards like XML, WSDL, SOAPUI and Java Message Service. Tested performance of WebServices, providing required input data to request XML and get teh required data from response XML and use teh response data from other request XML.
- Good scripting experience in VB for HP/Mercury Quick Test Professional. Involved in developing and executing Test plan and Test Cases for Functional and Regression testing. Good working experience using Test Director / Quality Center, Rally, Clear Quest, Jira, Bugzilla bug tracking tools.
- Developed test cases for Regression, and Data Driven tests using automated test tools. Working experience with on site and off shore team based on teh schedules. Good experience in QTP - VB Script programming standards, developed reusable functional libraries which are used in different scripts.
- Good experience in handling custom objects, exception handling/Recovery Scenarios in QTP and also familiar with String functions, Date functions, Math functions and other related QTP functions.
- Utilizing Dictionary object in QTP, Maintaining Test data in Excel files and Importing Excel files from Resources module in Quality center to QTP data table and read teh values based on teh functional requirement.
- Hands-On experience in Performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner (VUGen, Controller, Analysis), Performance Center and JMeter.
- Expertise in executing VUGen scripts in Load Runner for Performance, Load and Stress Testing using Controller in Load Runner and generated reports using teh Analysis tool in Load Runner.
- Knowledge of performance bottlenecks, end-to-end performance, and Web performance measures like server response time, throughput and network latency.
- Hands-on experience in Black box Testing, User acceptance testing, Functional, Integration, GUI, System, Usability, Regression, Performance, Security, Stress Testing and backout testing.
- Participated in requirement review meetings, analyzing requirements, developing test plan and test cases, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Defect management, Reporting and tracking. Good noledge in VB, C, C++, HTML and Java scripting languages.
- Proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL), Joins, PL/SQL stored procedures & Triggers. Experience in preparing Test data by retrieving data from Relational Databases Oracle, MS-SQL.
- Has good working Experience in UNIX, shell scripts, Python scripts and ftp using WinScp. Good Analytical, Interpersonal and communication skills. Result oriented, committed and hard working with a quest to learn new technologies and undertake challenging tasks.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse technical team.
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/00/NT/XP, MS-DOS and UNIX (HP-UX, Sun Solaris).
Testing Tools: Quick Test Professional (QTP), LoadRunner, Test Director, WinRunner Quality Center, IBM (Rational) Test Manager, Clear Quest, Bugzilla.
Languages: C, C++, Java, Visual Basic (VB), TSL, SQL, HTML, XML, Java Script, JSP, VB Script, Visual source safe.
Databases: Oracle 9, 10, 11, MS SQL Server, Sybase, and MS Access.
Tools: SQL * Plus, TOAD, Microsoft Office Suite, WS FTP Pro, WinSCP.
App/Web servers and other tools: HTML, XML, WebLogic Server, WebSphere, SoapUI, WebServices, SAP, Adobe Flex and Adobe AIR, Informatica, Teradata, (ETL, Data warehouse).
- Reviewed test cases for requirements coverage, ambiguity, and completeness. Performed manual testing on different modules of teh application. Performed Functional, Integration, System and Security Testing.
- Performed Web specific testing like Link checking, Browser page testing, Application Testing and Security Testing. Documenting teh Test results using Quality Center. Query databases to retrieve data through Joins and Select statements.
- Attended meetings with Developers, Team Leads to create a friendly manner and helped them to solve teh errors. Extensively used FTP tools for copying files across different UNIX servers, from Windows to UNIX and vice versa.
- Interacted with teh Testing and Development team to resolve and follow up on development issues. Reported results and updates to teh QA Lead.
Environment: Quality Center, Java, JSP, Servlets, Windows 2000/NT, SQL-Server, Web Logic, HP-UX, Oracle, Solaris.
- Reviewed and analyzed project requirements, attended Requirements walkthroughs and provided feedback. Worked closely with Systems analysis team while preparing teh test strategy and test plan for teh Web application during analysis and design phase.
- Created test plan, and prepared test cases using Quality center. Conducted walkthroughs of test strategy, test plan, and test cases with managers, business analysts, systems analysis team, and developers to verify strategy, plan and test cases are aligned with teh requirements.
- Identified test cases for regression suite for future release executions. Performed system testing (progression testing) by using various techniques like Boundary value analysis technique and logged defects into Quality Center.
- Used SQL Queries to create dummy data for testing and also for verifying correct data population in respective tables in teh databases. Performed Black box testing, Integration Testing, coordinated User Acceptance testing, and Regression testing.
- Worked on resolving product defects by interacting with systems analysts and developers. Interfaced with developers to aid resolve defects by recreating teh scenarios and testing teh fixed code. Used Requirement Traceability Matrix to trace teh test cases to requirements/business needs in DOORS.
- Created automation test plan strategies, test scenarios and test procedures. Write and execute automated test scripts for functional and load/performance testing. Pro-actively followed up with QA management on issues, escalations or provide suggestions as and when necessary.
- Prepared and provided Test Result Summary report for teh daily defect status meetings. Interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues and investigated software faults. Prepared and provided Test Evaluation Summary report.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Analyzed business and technical requirements developed strategic Test Plans, Test Cases and Test scripts. Constructed complex SQL Queries to validate aggregation of schemes data at target tables. Responsible for data quality at target database tables as per teh business requirements.
- Helped new team members understand teh Business requirements & system flow. Responsible for executing teh Test Cases, Test Scripts using Quality Center. Performed Build readiness testing after each build to make sure teh application is read for testing.
- Extensively worked on Functions, Actions, Object repositories and Recovery scenarios. Responsible for User acceptance testing by giving demos to teh client and getting sign off. Created Function Libraries using VB Script.
- Used Quality Center extensively for maintaining requirements, creating Traceability matrix and Defect tracking purposes. Generated Post Execution Reports using Quality Center ‘Document Generator’.
- Developed automated test cases using Quick Test Pro to perform Regression Testing for different versions of application. Sent Reports to Manager and Business Analysts during teh execution phase. Responsible for reviewing Test Scripts and Test Cases written by other members of teh team.
- Responsible for prioritizing teh defect and attending defect review board meeting. Wrote complex SQL commands for back end testing on teh database.
Environment: HP Quick Test Professional, HP Quality Center, Windows Vista, Web Services, XML.
Confidential, Petersburg, FL
- Worked closely with teh Development and Design teams to gain consensus on System requirements and Detail design of teh application. Prepared test plans dat include Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Data, Test Environment and expected results for teh Functional, User Interface requirements of teh application.
- Performed Web Services testing using Automation tools such as Quick test Professional and Quality Center for manual testing.
- Tracked, Reviewed, Analyzed and Compared defects using Quality Center. Involved in Integration and User Acceptance testing. Developed test cases after analyzing teh specifications document. Involved in testing teh application.
- Tracked Defects using Quality Center and performed Regression testing of teh entire application once teh Defects were fixed. Tested teh Website for all teh functionalities. Organized and managed planning and execution of Test Cases and tracking and fixation of teh errors/defects using Quality Center.
- Performed end-to-end testing on teh release version of teh software application and detected GUI Defects.
- Prepared test input data for teh negative and positive test scenarios. Performed analysis of software quality and testing progress to provide status to project team. Performed Web testing using Quick Test Pro for test cases provided by teh client.
- Used Quick Test Pro to write test scripts for Regression Testing. Tested this application on various browsers. Used Quick Test Pro Checkpoints to automatically capture and verify properties such as teh number of links on a page.
- Used Quality Center to manage and track teh Test Cases, Test Scripts and Defects.
- Performed Integration, System, User-Acceptance, Black-Box, Ad-Hoc, Localization and Regression testing. Wrote SQL scripts for retrieving and updating teh database tables for Backend Testing. Actively participated in all phases of SDLC.
Environment: Quality Center 9, .Net, Oracle, Windows 2000/2008.
- Reviewed Business Requirement Document (BRD), System Requirements, Data Dictionary, Technical Specification Document and mock ups for understanding business expectations/needs.
- Worked with QA team members during early stages to establish test plans, standards and procedures dat adds value to software projects and satisfies teh constraints of teh project.
- Created test plan based of functional requirements and carried out Boundary value analysis technique in developing test cases in Quality Center.
- Performed Black Box Testing, functional testing, back-end testing, end to end testing, Integration testing, System testing User acceptance testing, performance testing. Carried out data validation, verification and data integrity testing using SQL commands.
- Participated in teh development and implementation of structured testing concepts, methodologies and automated testing tools. Developed and executed automated test scripts using QTP. Performed software testing of teh entire application on different platforms like Windows, Mac and also on different browsers.
- Used Quality Center for Bug tracking and Bug reporting. Interacted with developers while reporting/tracking bugs using quality center. Developed Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to make sure dat all teh requirements are covered in terms of test cases.
- Participated in teh weekly status meeting and daily bug meetings to provide status on teh Test related activities and made sure teh adherence to test schedule.
Environment: Mercury Quality Center 8.0, Visual Basic, Version Manager, Oracle 10g, Quick Test Professional 9.0 (QTP).
Database management system
- Designed/developed Menu driven application for teh students training dat includes Student enrollment Management, Student score Management, Member Management and Reporting functionalities using Java and SQL Server.
- Carried out Relational Modeling (Concepts, Integrity Constraints, Update Operations, Relational Algebra, Relational Calculus). Mapped ER Model to teh Relational model.
- Prepared/executed SQL commands for creating database tables/columns and developing relationships and constraints (primary keys, composite keys and foreign keys) using normalization techniques.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes