Qa Test Analyst Resume
Overland Park, KS
- 6+ Years of diversified and extensive experience in IT Industry with emphasis on Quality Assurance: Manual Testing of GUI and back - end of web and client/server application
- Experience in multiple domains - Health Care, Banking, and Finance
- Strong Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and the role of Quality Assurance function
- Experienced in various software development methodologies like Water Fall model and Iterative/Agile Model
- Proficient in Back-End / Database testing specifically in developing and executing SQL queries and joins
- Tested applications developed in various languages such as Java, .net, Oracle, and C++
- Analyzed requirements, system specifications, use-cases and technical specifications
- Performed back-end testing to ensure data consistency on front end by writing and executing SQL queries on the database
- Tested Web Services /XML / SOAP and Restful services using SoapUI tool
- Validated request and response XML. Added Assertions to validate the response xml with database
- Wrote test plan documents and test cases for web and client/server applications
- Experienced in Black Box testing - GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Database Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Proficient in test execution and documentation and management of testing defects
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills and ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communicating skills and ability to perform on tight schedules
Testing Tools: SoapUI, Version one, Jira, QC 9.0/10.0,datacom
Operating System: Windows XP/7, Unix
Programming Languages: Cobol, Java, C++, SQL, XML, HTML
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, MySql
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2000, Unix, Linux
Database Tools: Toad, SoupUI
Packages: Microsoft Office Suite
Methodology: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall
Confidential - Overland Park, KS
QA Test Analyst
- In Agile environment, attended daily standup meetings, reviewed user stories.
- Facilitated requirements gathering with Business Analysts
- Developed and Executed Test Cases in Version One Tool.
- Tested all modules - Patient Management, Admin, Provider and Insurance Claims.
- Validated the connection and data between Admin web services and Insurance claims web services.
- Validated the Response for the Request made through Rest Services
- Performed extensive regression testing to ensure all error have been corrected and no new errors have been introduced.
- Prepared weekly status reports on Test case execution, defects, RTM etc.
- Involved in mapping test cases with RTM(Requirement Traceability Matrix)
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios as per application specifications and application requirement
- Performed smoke testing for every build
Environment: JAVA, PHP, Apache Tomcat, Dream Viewer, J Query, Java Script, HTML, SoapUI, SQL, XML, Web Services.
- Verifying that the required data was being populated in the correct fields in the tool and matched its source(s)
- Reading through the various rules and regulations laid down by the steering committee with respect to the determination of “borrower harm” and ensuring that the audit tools captured and interpreted the rules correctly
- Verifying that the tools computed the various amounts correctly according to stipulations; this included interests, penalties, other dues, etc.
- Verifying that different versions created for each state followed the rules established for that state; thus, the original loan amount due for a given state was to be taken from a “Notice of Default” while for another state it might be a court order; the date of delinquency for a state might be the date of the issue of the default letter in one case and could be the date of the judgment in another, and so on
- Periodically, the government would stipulate additional rules or modify existing rules for calculating the said amounts due, and the QA team had to ensure that these changes were made into the audit tools correctly prior to handing over to the audit teams
Environment: MS Excel, various Mainframe systems, Internet Explorer
Confidential - Leawood, KS
- Worked in Agile-Scrum Methodology and attended sprint planning meetings.
- Participated in daily Scrum and reviewed User Stories.
- Developed and executed test cases in Quality Center.
- Actively involved in UI, functional, database and Integration testing of the application
- Extensively performed smoke and sanity testing.
- Extensively used Quality Center for test management.
- Developed Test Cases from requirement document(User Stories)
- Participated in Peer Review
- Created & executed SQL Queries to validate the data stored in database
- Extensively performed end to end to ensure data flow
- Performed regression testing of the stories completed in previous iterations.
- Created and executed detailed test cases for the assigned area.
- Prepared test data for positive and negative test scenarios for Functional testing.
- Executed test cases manually to verify actual results against expected results.
- Prepared weekly status reports on test case execution, defects, RTM etc.
- Tracked progress of defects through to resolution.
- Used Toad to manipulate SQL queries for back-end testing
Environment: JAVA, Web Applications, SoapUI, SQL, QTP, Mobile Testing, VB Script, MTM, XML, Web Services testing.
Confidential - Shawnee, KS
- Actively involved in Field level, Functional, Integration and regression testing of the application
- Extensively performed static testing in order to verify project documents
- Developed and executed test cases to verify expected results against actual results
- Performed sanity, navigation & cross-browser compatibility testing of the application
- Defect tracking using Jira
- Prepared daily status & defect status reports
- Reported results & updates to the Team Lead
- Prepared Test data based on Test cases
- Provided Test results/feedback
Environment: Windows 7, C#, Visual Basic, VB Script, Java Script, SQL Server 2008, Toad, MS Office, Jira
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes