Qa Engineer Resume
0/5 (Submit Your Rating)
- More than 7 years of Quality Assurance experience in Software testing in different Industries.
- Experience with both Client Server environment and Web Technologies
- Proficient in both Manual and Automation testing with ability to manage the automation of the entire testing cycles and leading the testing team
- Extensive experience creating and designing Master Test Strategy Documents, Master Test Plan, Test schedules, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scenarios
- Extensive Hands on experience managing defect life cycleusing HP Quality Center.
- Experience leading QA project efforts, UI enhancements and backend system testing
- Experience with training and mentoring team members with product knowledge and business processes
- Good expertise in the review and documentation of system test plans; Creating and executing test scripts, test cases and data sets on the basis of product release features, client requirements, technical documents.
- Experienced in working both of UNIX& Linux environment to analyze log file & to monitor process.
- Experienced in using VI editor to change config file & check text based data file
- Experience creating QA Test Process, QA Workflow Diagrams, analysis and design, Test Analysis Report, Defect Analysis and Prioritization
- Proficient in all phases of Testing functional, integration, regression, security testing and Load Testing.
- Strong understanding on Web - based and Client Server application.
- Worked extensively on RDBMS databases Oracle, SQL, MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access and MySQL
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills, coordination, documentation, project planning and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent experience in developing automation script using Java as programming language
- Hands on experiences on developing automation script using Selenium WebDriver on Eclipse IDE.
- Configure SVN with Eclipse for Java source code repository and cross development and configure custom log file for debugging and error handling
- Convert QTP script to Selenium for cross browser testing in different platform
- Good experience in Software Application Development Projects that follow the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies and best practices.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, accustomed to work in a team environment with tight schedules and capable of working efficiently under pressure, manage multiple project and cross train sub-ordinates in other Functional areas.
Process Model Tools: MS Visio, RequisitePro, MS Project
Programming: Java, C,C++,VB Script, SQL, PL/SQL
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, HP QTP,HP LoadRunner,Bugzilla, JIRA
Application: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS-DOS, iOS, Android
Application Servers: WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache
Database: MySQL, Oracle, TOAD, MS Access, SQL Server, DB2
Platforms: Windows95/NT/2000/XP/7, MAC, Mobile, AS400, IBM Mainframe, Eclipse
Other Tools: Mozilla Firebug, WinScp
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Methodology and Test Case, Test Scripts as per Functional and Business requirement for System/Functional Test Specification.
- Designed & developed data driven framework to validate different user form using Quick Test Pro (QTP)
- Extensively used VB Script&Descriptive programming to develop Data Driven Framework in QTP
- Conducted endurance test using JMeter(http sampler)
- Guided team to build industry best practices into QA Test processes and evaluated quality risk for product releases, changes, and fixes
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Experience in converting QTP script to selenium to support multiple browser.
- Design & Develop data driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNg and apache POI api.
- Prepared and delivered reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organization
- Developed structured test cases and test scripts to be executed manually by testers or automatically by test automation tools
- Tracked and communicated project QA status to wide variety of team members internally and externally
- Interfaced with key stakeholders in Product Management, Operations and Software Development to ensure completion of software projects within time and budget
- Developed and executed Test strategies to help drive excellence across all services and the overall platform for project completions
- Worked on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives, as well as an understanding business demands
- Wrote Test Plans from Functional Requirement Documents.
- Wrote Test Cases and executed tests for applications developed in Visual Basic.
- Tested the application for Functionality and documented all pass-fail report, created modification requests, assigned modification requests to respective developers, and verified bug fixes.
- Performed Screen Navigation Test to ensure that the links are established as per the requirement documentation provided.
- Performed Regression tests to verify whether modification made in the application have not cause unintended adverse side effects.
- Performed Performance Testing on the various links to ensure that the links are established within the time period specified in the document.
- Performed Black Box testing from end users perspective.
- Documented test cases; Used SQL queries as needed for testing the application.
- Assisted in writing User Documentation, and provided training to the users.
- Monitored System during transition from legacy system, and tested the patch fixes.
- Assisted in preparing test plan for Term Life Insurance module.
- WinRunner was used to generate automated test scripts for functionality and GUI testing and further enhancements were done in the script
- Prepared testing procedures by writing user-defined functions in TSL for various testing scenarios.
- Performed regression testing for every modification in the application and new builds using WinRunner and TestDirector.
- Reviewed Project Artifacts, analyzed Requirements, designed the test plan and provided weekly status report that includes testing metrics, test logs and test summary reports
- Designed the Test Strategy for multiple projects, defect management using JIRA and QC.
- Served as a resource and communication point for decisions about test schedule changes, resource forecast and estimation
- Investigated, researched, recommended and lead the implementation of commercial automated test tools and test scripts for regression testing of existing product functionality.
- Ensured all testing standards are being met and served as an escalation point for issues involving testing
- Experienced in working both of UNIX & Linux environment to analyze log file & to monitor process.
- Experienced in using VI editor to change config file & check text based data file
- Defined and Implemented the Software Development Life Cycle with process development meetings.
- Provided risk-based evaluations of overall QA deployment, compliance risks, autonomously acting as project team compliance member and provide ad hoc consultation, as needed, to ensure product quality and compliance
- Ensured traceability of test cases back to project requirements and Participated in walkthrough of test cases
- Performed the Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing enterprise level complex SQL statements on the Oracle Database using TOAD
- Created QA Process Workflow flow documents using MS Visio to define and design effective QAstandards and practices
- Worked with all Agile Development and SCRUM process throughout the entire project.
- Worked on enterprise systems based on various programming languages including Java.
- Coordinated with multiple teams, both internal and external, to specify test planning, execution and reporting requirements
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes