Sr. Qa Tester Resume
San Francisco -, CA
- Over 8 years of experience in Software Testing as a Software Tester / QA Analyst in delivering critical solutions on various levels of Quality Assurance for Web based, Client/Server on Windows and UNIX
- Tremendous experience in Financial Services domain with exposure to Online Banking, Transfers, Payments, and Reconciliation
- Proficient in using Rational IBM Test Manager and Clear Quest, Quality Center, Test Director, Bugzilla to track defects and enhancements.
- Strong experience in Client/Server Application Testing & Web Application Testing
- Extensive experience in quality assurance using Manual Testing, Automated Testing tools like Quick Test Pro, Win Runner, Quality Center & Load Runner
- Proven expertise in creation and maintenance of Hybrid QTP framework (combination of Data Driven and Keyword Driven automation approaches)
- Expertise in formulation of Test scenarios, Test cases, scripts and their execution.
- Experience in Data Modeling techniques employing Data warehousing concepts like star/snowflake schema and Extended Star.
- Identify, confirm, report and manage defects through resolution using TFS
- PerformedQA Testing usingSQLServer 2000and also donedatacorrectionin the backend.
- Hands on experience writing SQL Queries for Data Validation and Data Integration.
- Took active part in daily scrum meetings with the manual and regression teams
- Extensive practical experience in automation testing by using Quick Test Pro
- Experienced & expertise in working with HP Quality Centre throughout the testing life cycle in all the phases including Release, Requirement, Test Plan, Test Lab & Defects.Used for both Test & Defect Management.
- Design, document and execute test cases, record, document and analyze test results utilizing Visual Studio Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager
- Expertise in manual and automated testing as well as variety of methodologies and approaches such as Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall
- Hands - on experience in test design, test development, and QA of cost-effective enterprise application systems, middleware, and web solutions that exceed client's business requirements and expectations.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and well acquainted with Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), QA methodologies like Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Prototype, Iterative, XP, GSDM
- Proactive and Pragmaticteam player with acombination of business acumen and technical skills.
- Assemble team of test analysts to perform Functional, Integration and Performance Testing along with Test Automation using Microsoft Test Manager.
- Perform effort estimation, prepare resource loading plan.
- PrepareTestStrategy andTestPlan documents. Define document and implement Defect Management process.
- Expertise in Functional testing, Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, Performed Ambiguity Review and Riskanalysisof the application.
- Expert in writing Test Plans, defining Test Cases, developing and maintaining Test Scripts, Test Case Execution, Analyzing Bugs and interacting with team members in fixing the errors as per specifications and requirements
- Extensively involved in analyzing, designing and implementing Automation Frameworks (Hybrid, Keyword, Data driven and Business Process Testing (BPT) in QTP using VBScript
- Having sound knowledge of GUI Testing, Load and Regression Testing of Window Based, Back-End/Database, Load runner and Web Based Applications
- Extensive knowledge in all stages of Testing Life Cycle, beginning from initiation and definition to deployment and support
- Extensively executed SQL queries in Oracle and SQL server in order to view successful transactions of data and to validate data at the back end
- Ability to self-manage, Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work through it to get the right things done.
- Experience in using Defect Tracking and Defect Reporting tools such as Rational Clear Quest
- A team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with strong aptitude towards learning new technologies
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, Quick Test Professional, Load Runner, Win Runner, Jmeter
Web Tools: HTML, XML, XSL, AJAX, Flex, Lotus notes
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g, MySQL, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , DB2, MS Access
Platforms: Windows 2000/NT/XP/7, DOS, UNIX, Linux
Methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Agile, Waterfall
Bug Management Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Jira, Rally
Version Control Systems: CVS, VSS, Rational Clear Case
Test Strategies: Integration, System, Regression, User-Acceptance, White Box Testing
ETL Tools: Informatica Power center 8.1
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Rational Software Architect, Microsoft Visio
Sr. QA Tester
Confidential, San Francisco - CA
- Developing test plan and test specifications based on Functional Requirement Specifications and System Design Specifications
- Involve in Agile (Scrum Process) methodology based Project Planning, Test Planning and Coordinating on all SDLC phases.
- Assemble team oftestanalysts to perform Functional, Integration and Performance Testing along withTestAutomation usingMicrosoftTestManager
- Developing test plans and execute the test scripts to check the data validity for various applications, tracking software, specification defects and resolution using Quality Center, documenting all phases of QA life cycle, analyze functional requirements, mapping documents, assist in problem solving and trouble shooting
- Responsible for writing multiple Scrum stories for the web application; and ensure that all the documentation is updated with all the requirements
- Involved in Automation of test scripts for Functional testing, Integration, Regression testing and User acceptance testing using QTP
- Established a lightweight Scrum project management process and helped team meet sprint goals.
- Guidedateamoftestersfor completing testing phaseofthe project.
- Proficient in preparing test plans, writing and executing test cases, creating traceability matrices as well as working with test data
- Involved in Data Modeling techniques employing Data warehousing concepts like star/snowflake schema and Extended Star
- Involved in the verification of data completeness, data transformation, data quality, integration testing, UAT, SOA & regression testing.
- Worked on multiple releases on different environments at the same time
- Assist entry-level tester(s) on reviewing requirement, preparing and executing test cases, and report software defects
- Used Parameterization for using various data to test the application using QTP.
- Performed Ambiguity Review and Risk analysis of the application
- Performed Black box, Functional, Integration, Stress and Regression testing of the website
- Created Defect reports in Excel file by exporting the data from Quality Center Extensively involved in manual testing of the application
- Writing various SQL Queries as a part of backend testing
- Generating status reports and Bug reports and presented them in weekly status meetings
- Participating in scheduled meetings and maintained good relationship with developer community
Environment: Manual Testing, System Test, Black box testing, Regression, Java, J2EE, Web Services, C++, VB Script, HTML, XML, Perl, Web services, SQL Server, HTTP, TCP/IP, Visual Source Safe, Windows XP, Sun Solaris, RHEL, Quality Center, Jira, Bugzilla and Selenium, QTP
Sr. QA Analyst /Tester
Confidential, Paramus - NJ
- Developed Test Cases, Test Scripts based on the business and functional specifications
- Involved in writing and implementation of Test cases for various modules using Quality Center
- Assemble team oftestanalysts to perform Functional, Integration and Performance Testing along withTestAutomation usingMicrosoftTestManager.
- Assists inTestEnvironment andTestData setup to ensure effective testing.
- Used IBM Doors for tracking requirements
- Contributing to software process-reengineering efforts aimed at evolving current software development practices to adopt Lean/Agile and Scrum practices
- Guided theteammember in preparing test scripts and reviewed the RFT scripts.
- Prioritizing the test cases in case of reduced timelines due to blocking issues
- Used VBScript and descriptive programming in automating the test cases in Quick Test Pro
- Analyzed the test results and logged bugs, if required
- Used Bugzilla for defect tracking
- Coached teams in their efforts to adopt advanced methods for the effective application of the Scrum framework
- Prepared custom reports and performed SQL query, data analysis and verification on MS Access.
- Used Quick Test Pro for testing the compatibility of the application with different platforms.
- Analyzed, designed, created, and executed data-driven automated performance and load test in a Windows environment.
- Responsible for in depth analysis for the Source system based and created BI Reporting requirements and design documentation. .
- Develop complex SQL mimicking the actual Informatica ETL mapping to test the ETL transformation rules and the data load into the target fact tables in different databases
- Designed and developed the mock-up reports and dashboards for users with Navigation Data set to project the better understanding BI reporting features and navigational options.
- Used IBM Rational to perform functional testing
- Performed backend testing with SQL for data validation and data Integrity.
- Participated in the walk through meetings and inspection meetings
- Involved in facilitating formal review meetings with project teams and developers to report, demonstrate, prioritize and suggest resolution of issues discovered during testing
Environment: HP QuickTest Pro, Quality Center, LoadRunner (VuGen, Controller, Analysis), Java, J2EE, Servlets, Bugzilla, WebServices, WebLogic, Rational DOORS, Soap UI, Oracle, UNIX, Sun Solaris, XML Spy, Windows NT/XP, VB Script, MS SQL Server, Firefox, TOAD
Sr. QA Analyst /Tester
Confidential, Pittsburgh - PA
- Responsible for developing and executing formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications
- Gathered system requirements, plan for testing new functionality, and identify requirements for queries, reports and producing metrics associated with test execution and defect tracking
- Analyzed the Gaps between Requirements and Use Cases and Prepared GAP Analysis document
- Reviewed defects on daily basis, prioritize them and bring to the table to the concerned associate forresolution, usingHPQualityCenter.
- Involved in Designing and developing Hybrid Framework using QTP
- Responsible in writing detailed test cases for the application and mapping the test cases to Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) in Quality Center
- Fully acquainted with creating independent and re-usable actions and changing the action properties and call properties as required
- Prepared Test conditions, Test Cases using several test case design and analytical techniques
- Responsible for conducting testing of web services calls in an SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) environment
- Involved in importing and exporting the Test Cases from Excel to Quality center
- Involved in designing and maintain VuGen scripts, Scenarios for performance test in LoadRunner
- Used Rational Rose/MS Office Suite for creating use cases, workflows and sequence diagrams according to UML methodology thus defining the Data Process Models.
- Performed Positive and Negative Testing using Data driven tests.
- Wrote SQL scripts to fix data quality issues and as part of requirements to execute ETL jobs of third party data
- Optimized QTP scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types
Environment: HP QuickTest Pro, Quality Center, Bugzilla, Oracle, SQL Server, LoadRunner, SQL Navigator, UNIX, .Net, Soap UI, SOAP, XML, IIS, XML Notepad, Windows NT/XP
Software Test Engineer
Confidential, Buffalo - NY
- Understanding the Business requirements specifications and preparing estimates
- Identified the test scenarios from requirements and prepare the test cases from those scenarios
- Prepared the traceability matrix and ensure all the requirements met properly
- Uploaded test cases in Quality center for execution
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation. Evaluated and recommended EDI solution
- Used SQL for data integrity testing, captured the SQL statements from the application execution and manually checked the results.
- Tested the messages published by ETL tool and data loaded into various databases
- Performance data parameterization in order to facilitate the Data-driven tests
- Developed and executed SQL Queries for data transaction and database integrity
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Performed Data-Driven Tests by passing different sets of data and checked whether the information entered is updated into the database.
- Reported the defects in the Quality Center automated tool and coordinated with the QA Lead and developers.
- Bug triage sessions and track the defects to close them as early as possible
- Tested the web services by uploading the WSDL file in SOAP UI tool
- Verified the request for input and output parameters in the WSDL file
- User Acceptance (UAT) & Business Acceptance (BAT) testing support
- Prepared learning documents for every release
- Executed the test cases for different entities for different environments like CSAT and CTS
- Prepared the weekly and monthly status reports
- Browser Compatibility Testing with Firefox& Internet Explorer
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes