Sr Qa Analyst Resume
- A Certified Software Testing Professional with 8+ Years of experience in various Software Testing Methods and Methodologies.
- Proficient in Manual Testing & Web service testing which includes Functional, Sanity, Smoke, Ad hoc, Regression and System Testing of Web Based Applications.
- Around 7 years of experience in Manual Web Services testing in banking domain and 1 year in automation testing.
- Having good Knowledge of SDLC & Software Testing Methodologies.
- Well exposure to banking and financial industries.
- Thorough understanding of Defect life cycle, having experience reporting and reproducing application issues with Defect Tracking tool HP Quality Center.
- Proficient in Database testing using SQL Queries
- Tested Soap Web services and HTTP based services using Soap - UI Pro version
- Expertise in Test Case Designing, and Regression Suite Preparation
- Assigned Test cases to entire team and coordination between onsite and offshore during test execution.
- Conducted Parallel Testing, Functional Testing & Regression Testing for all modules
- Peer reviewed Test Cases and handling client delivery calls
- A proactive leader and planner with expertise in strategic planning, staffing, plan execution, test deliverables.
- Streamlining workflow and creating a team work environment to enhance profitability innovatively.
- Exceptional ability to maintain and build client relationship.
- Possess excellent communication skills & ability to relate to people at any level of business and management
- Have led teams and individual modules at offshore and onsite ensuring quality and on time deliverables
- Expertise in Test estimation & Test Planning·
- Identify process improvement areas and take corrective action. Ensure timely communication of issues and status.
- Prepared Metrics and Weekly & Monthly Status Report Deliverables
- During release day coordination between onsite and offshore.
- Effective Team player, Have very good rapport with both offshore and onsite.
Automation Tools: QTP and SOAP UI
Test Management Tool: ALM, Test Director 8.0, Bugzilla.
Operating Systems: Win95/98, 2000, XP
Database: SQL, DB2, MS Access
Confidential, Plainview, NY
Sr QA Analyst
- Involved in testing the functionality of Account Receivables and Account Payables applications.
- Involved in writing and executing test cases.
- Analyzed business requirements and reviewed test cases and test scripts.
- Executed test scripts using QTP.
- Interacted with developers and business analysts.
- Actively involved in all phases of SDLC.
- Involved in Functional, System, Positive and Negative testing of the application
- Participated in walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Extensively used SQL queries to perform data integrity testing.
- Involved in GUI, Functional, and usability tests.
- Developed data and individual test cases to satisfy positive and negative testing.
- Finding issues/defects and informing Technical PM, Lead and other developers
- Attended regular project meetings and discuss the release plans, provide testing status, highlight outstanding issues.
Environment: SOAP UI, Web services, Windows2000, DB2, ALM, SQL, QTP, VB Script
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Senior Test Engineer
- Analyzing the system specifications, business requirements for full understanding of the business.
- Defined test cases and test scenarios for different types of testing like functional testing, system testing, integration testing, and Regression testing as per the requirements.
- Extensively used Quality Center to manage the assets.
- Wrote a weekly aging report, which kept track of all bugs/ issues in the system.
- Performed Manual Testing of the application, interacted with developers and discussed technical problems, reported bugs.
- Conducted Integration testing between different modules of the application under test.
- Prepared Test Conditions and Test Cases in Quality Centre.
- Involved in Test specifications and Unit test plans for all the developed objects.
- Conducted Smoke, Regression, System (Functional), E2E and UAT testing types.
- Involved in Test Data preparation and optimization.
- Used Quality Centre to prepare Test cases, procedures, Requirements Traceability Matrix and Defect Management for all the modules in the project.
- Reported and maintained product defects, verified fixed defects, and prioritized outstanding defects created and maintained test procedure documentation.
Environment: Manual testing, Quality Center, SQL, Windows XP, 2003, Vista, MS-Word, MS-Excel.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
Quality Test Engineer
- Created detailed test plans, test cases from Business Requirements in Quality Center.
- Performed manual, automated testing and developed SQL scripts for data validation.
- Tested each application against the QA Test Plan and communicate findings with the team.
- Tested the batch jobs which load and refresh the database nightly from Legacy to data marts.
- Provided test support for user Acceptance and End 2 End testing phases.
- Conducted Functionality and GUI (Java web interface) testing manually.
- Performed Database and Regression testing for the various modules of the application, logged defects in Quality Center and performed Defect Tracking.
- Managed Test Scripts, Test runs and Defect Management thru Mercury Quality Center
- Automation of the test cases for Regression testing using QTP
Environment: HP Quality center 9.0, ASP, VBScript, HTML, Web Logic,, SQL Server, Toad, Windows 2000/NT
- Requirements Analysis and Ambiguity Reports
- Develop Test Scenario’s and Test Plans
- Interacted with the Subject Matter Experts at Confidential Technology in developing the test plans and testing the application on XP with different management levels setup in the COE.
- Performed functionality, user interface, regression, security and user acceptance testing.
- Defect reporting & Tracking using HP QC
- Participating in the Defect Triage calls and coordinating with cross teams for defect fixes.
- Defect Consolidation and Defect Prioritization for the team.
- Project Delivery
Environment: DB2, SOAP UI, Windows 2000, HP QC, UNIX, HTML, WEB LOGIC
Software Test Engineer
- Analyzed Functional Requirements and Use cases and Involved in development of test plan
- Created Test cases for various Functionalities of the application.
- Prepared test data for system testing.
- Identified and Prioritized Test Cases, Analyzed Defects and generated Status Reports.
- Performed database testing to ensure data consistency by writing and executing SQL queries
- Reported defects using HP QC, also verified fixes and closed bugs during regression testing
- Developed and enhanced test scripts for regression testing
- Participated in walkthroughs and technical reviews.
Environment: DB2, UNIX, Windows XP Professional, SOAP UI, HP QC, HTML
- Generated test cases as per Use cases defined in product requirement document
- Actively involved in reviewing Test cases.
- Generating Test procedure documents for various tests that are to be performed.
- Executing Test cases as per the requirement.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing.
- Reporting the bugs.
- Verification of the fixed bugs and subsequently closing them if they passed the test case,
- Involved in weekly status reporting and official meetings.
- Reporting status of testing progress, issues to team lead on a weekly basis.
- Periodically obtaining feedback from Team lead and consciously working for Improvement.
Environment: ASP. Net, SQL Server 2003, Win2000, HTML, SOAP UI, UNIX
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes