Qa Test Engineer Resume
- Around 7+ years of experience in Quality Assurance and Test Automation Process in IT industry and that include applications which are Client/Server, web - based Applications with proficiency in both manual and automated testing.
- Experienced Software Quality Analyst & Manual Tester with hands-on testing expertise throughout Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in various Methodologies - Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall, XP
- Extensive working experience on all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), its methodologies and process.
- Working Automation and manual testing and actively involved working with them on test plans, test cases and test scenarios for application modules according to functional requirements and business specifications.
- Possess extensive experience in analyzing the Business Requirement Documents, Functional Specifications and Technical Specifications.
- Experienced in making Data Driven and Keyword Driven framework to maintain test suite.
- Experience with comprehensive understanding of all phases of Test Life Cycle, including requirements gathering, test planning, and scheduling, testing, defect tracking, and reporting.
- Expertise in Automation Testing, Manual Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Software Testing, and Backed end Testing, Black-box Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, ALM.
- Expertise in back ends testing and writing SQL queries, Joins, procedures using Oracle and MySQL.
- Involved in various stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) implementing Waterfall, V-Model, and Agile, Iteration, Scrum methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and waterfall models and TDD.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, 10 UNIX/Linux, DOS
Languages: Java, C#, HTML, XML, SQL, PL SQL, CSS
Automation Tools: Selenium Suite (Selenium IDE, RC, Grid and Web Driver), Junit, XPath, TestNG, SoapUI, Appium.
Defect Tracking Tools: HP Quality Center, ClearQuest, JIRA.
RDBMS: MySQL, MS-SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Misc. Tools: MS Office, Log4J, Maven and SVN
ContinuousIntegration Tools: Hudson,QTP,UFT
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g, SQL Server
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, UNIX, LINUX
QA Test Engineer
- We followed Agile/Scrum methodology for build the application. Here I mainly focused.
- UFT: In data driven frameworks for each Use Cases (functionality) written in Descriptive Programming.
- Executing the test scripts in UFT and ALM. Developed test scripts and function libraries using VBScripts.
- Extensively used HP Quality Center for test planning, bug tracking and also generated reports in weekly.
- SQL Queries: Develop SQL queries using TOAD and UFT.
- Cross-Browser testing like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome.
- Negative/Positive testing.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
- Worked in very fast-paced Agile environments supporting parallel projects & meeting deadlines
- Performed Sanity testing, System testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, Web testing, and GUI testing.
- Utilized Unified Functional Testing (UFT) v.11.5 / v.11.52 and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) for Automation Framework to test Customer Portal application.
- Creating SOAP envelopes using vbscripting. Consumed Webservices through vbscript to send and receive Http requests and responses.
- Web Services: Developed and executed test cases for RESTful services using UFT tool. Add check points to validate the response header.
- UNIX: putty tool to access server logs.
- Designed keyword driven frameworks.
- Prepared test data from MS Excel.
- Defect/bug tracking and reporting using JIRA.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Involved in the development of Test plan, Scenarios and Test scripts for manual, automation and performance testing of the various applications.
- Created 3 frameworks using UFT, VBScripting.
- Designed High Level Test Cases or Scenarios that map back to High Level Requirements and Use Cases.
- Increased QA team productivity through creation of robust and reusable test scripts utilizing HP Quality Center.
- Analyzed Business, Functional requirements and streamlined the testing activities.
- Developed Test plan, Test Scenarios and detailed test cases based on the System Requirements and Functional Specifications.
- Performed UI testing, Database testing after reviewing the story cards and database diagram.
- Tested SOAP-based Web Services for enrolling customers, getting insurance information, creating claims.
- Developed and maintained Smoke, Functional, and Regression Tests using HP QC/ALM & Jira
- Performed Regression Testing of different modules automated in SOAP UI.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Involved in testing the database and data validation using SQL Queries.
- Reported the Coverage status of test performed on the daily/weekly basis.
- Input requirements & test cases into Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool, ran test cases, defect (issues & bugs), prioritize requirements & generated RTM reports in ALM.
- Test engineer for ALM, Sprinter and UFT (manual & automated testing tools), hands on experience with UFT utilizing VBScripting
Environment: Java, Junit, Quality Center, Firefox, IE, SQL, Oracle, HP Quality center, Windows XP.
- Experience in sanity, backend, front-end, functional, integration, regression, smoke, cross browser, cross platform, QTP performance and stress testing.
- Involved in creating Test Plan, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases for all the Sprints.
- Created Reusable Functions using VBScript, Implemented Regular Expression as Required in QTP.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Execution of smoke tests on each build using QTP and reporting the results to management.
- Verification of Frontend GUI Objects and elements.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Project Matrix using an excel sheet to keep track of the Project's schedule and status.
- Performed required troubleshooting in order to maintain scripts in QTP.
- Familiarity with UAT for making website more user-friendly and for web-applications.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries for backend testing
- Knowledge of writing Junit tests using Junit framework.
- Generated UFT scripts with standard checkpoints, validation checkpoints and also Synchronization Points.
- Performed integration testing & data validations using QTP for various interfaces.
- Extensively tested customer's payments are sent directly to your commercial bank account using the latest security technology.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project.
Environment: Java, Junit, SQL, QTP, DHTML, JIRA, VBScript, HTML, UFT, MSWord, MS Excel, UNIX, Windows.
Confidential, SFO, CA
- Writing scripts, executing test cases and debugging. Responsible for creating requests and building test scenarios for the web services project.
- Designed and Developed automation script using Selenium and WebDriver. Extensively used Selenium (data-driven) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Converted Test Scripts to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts to maximize the profits of the company without compromising Quality.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests on cross browser and cross platform environment.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression and smoke automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Developed automated front-end tests using Selenium with Java.
- Responsible in Creating, Executing and Reviewing Functional & Integration test cases based on the Business and functional requirements.
- Responsible in deploying the code builds to testing. Worked on design patterns and page objects and CSS location selectors.
- Reporting the issues in Atlassian JIRA and follow up on bug fixes. Developed test code for testing locally in Java using Eclipse, Selenium Web Driver and Junit framework.
- Involved in Preparation of Regression and Smoke test cases for new sites. Reported the found issues in bug tracking tool, followed up with the development team and verified them.
- Integrated framework with Appium to support mobile/tablet automation for both iOS and Android.
- Test Execution for mobile SDKs - integrated with other mobile applications. Responsible for testing the mobile application in iOS and Android devices.
- Launched the Emulators/Simulators from the AVD manager (Android Virtual Device Manager) for Android and tested the Applications.
Environment: Java, .Net, Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, Testing, ANT, Jenkins, Cucumber, Agile, AJAX, WSDL, XPath, Rally, SQL, XML, Oracle, Windows, Appium and xcode.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes