Sr.qa Test Analyst Resume
Des Moines, IowA
- Around 7+ years of Software Testing, Development and Quality assurance of Client/Server and Web based applications using Win Runner, Load Runner, Test Director, Quality Center, Quick Test pro and Manual testing.
- Proficient experience in Manual and Automated Testing of GUI and functional aspects of the Client - Server and Web based Applications on multiple levels of SDLC and Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Experience in writing automated scripts, designing Test procedures, Manual Test cases
- Extensive success in translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modelling Language (UML) in an Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment.
- Extensive experience in Functional testing,, Integration testing, Regression testing, GUI testing, Back-end testing, Browser Compatibility testing, Ad-hoc testing, Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, System Testing, Build Verification Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Expertise in creating and implementing testing process for Agile methodology.
- Experience in Web Services Testing using SOA, SOAP. Restful Web Services and APIs.
- Strong Experience in Test Management Tool HP Quality Center, HP ALM and Defect Management Tool Bugzilla.
- Extensive experiences in Investment Banking projects specialized in Securities Trading (stock trading, fixed income trading, and derivatives trading), wealth management and test management.
- Experience in supporting the mainframe applications during monthly processing period
- Performed Testing Life Cycle during the various phases of the application. Involved in converting manual test cases into automated scripts using TSL on Mercury Win runner, QTP.
- Extensive Knowledge in Test XML, Schema, WSDL, XPATH, Groovy and VB script, TSL and shell scripting.
- Experienced in analyzing Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and conversant with System Design Specifications (SDS).
- Good understanding of Web Services (UDDI, WSDL, XML, SOAP)
- Experience using testing tools such as WinRunner, HP Quality Center, HP ALM, Test Director, Quick Test Pro, JIRA, Load Runner, Rational Manual Tester, Rational ClearQuest, Rational ReqPro and NeoLoad.
- Re-architected database layer API to be used by Engineering for database calls to Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, PostgreSQL
- Developed Test cases for manual testing and automated them using Win Runner, Silk, Load Runner, Silk performer and QTP.
- Good knowledge on Web Application Development using Java/J2EE Technology and J2EE Design Patterns.
- Solid Back End Testing experience by writing and executing SQL Queries for MySQL, MS Access, MS SQL Server, and DB2 & Oracle Database.
- Experience designing and developing SQL statements and queries for Oracle Sybase and SQL Server database.
- Extensively used Load Runner for Performance and Load Testing. The Avg. CPU usage, Response Time, and TPS are analyzed for each scenario
- Extensively used Test Director & Quality Center to write Test Cases and for reporting. All the Scripts are maintained using Test Director & QC.
- Extensively uploaded test cases from MS Excel, MS Word to Test Director & Quality Center.
- Experienced in Bug Tracking System and Process.
- Successful as a team player to work in conjunction with other DBA’s, testers, developers and other team members in validation and testing complex scenarios and projects and in the maintenance of Quality Standards in Projects especially with Test Director.
- Well conversant with scripting languages like Java Script, VB Script, HTML, DHTML, and XML.
- Strong in manual testing, Automated testing in Visual Basic & other protocol of automation tools Experience in testing applications under. Net, Windows.
Operating Systems/Languages: Windows 98/XP/07, UNIX/LINUX, C, C++, JAVA,MS SQL, HP ALM, SOAP, VB.NET 6.0
Quality Standards: Implementation knowledge of ISO 9001 & ISMS (Info. Security Management System)
Testing Tools: Mercury Interactive Win Runner 7.6/8.0, IBM Infosphere, Load Runner 7.8/8.0, QuickTestPro (QTP), Test Director, Quality Center 9.0, (TFS) Team Foundation Server.
Database: MS Access, MySQL, MS SQL, RDBMS, DB2, Oracle.
Conversant with Web Technologies: HTML, ASP, XML, DHTML, REST, Unix Shell Scripting, VB script, Java script, Java Servlets, JDBC, Applets
Web Services and Testing Tools: Mercury Quality Center (9.0/9.5/10.0 )/ Test Director 8.2, Autosys, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI/ SOAP UI 3.5.1/LOADUI, Load Runner 8.0/11
Frameworks and Architectures: Model View Controller (MVC), API, Jakarta Struts, Service Oriented Architectures (SOA using Web Services).
Web protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP, FTP
Application Package: MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Crystal Reports, Business Objects, Micro Strategy and EDI.
Defect Tracking: Quality Center, Clear Quest, Rally, TFS - Team Foundation Server
Defect Management Tools: Test Director, Rational ClearQuest
Documentation Tools: MS-Office, MS Visio, MS Project.
Confidential, Des Moines, Iowa
Sr.QA Test Analyst
- Performed manual testing of ActiveX components for Windows flavors (Windows 98/NT/2000/XP) in the technology of Digital life management system.
- Developed and executed automated Test Scripts in QTP using VBScript for Functional & Regression Testing using Quality Center.
- Created test and tested Web based and consumer applications, using manual and automation tools like QC/ALM and QTP.
- Developed test harness for Web Services by means of SOAP UI.
- Reviewed the Test Designs with QA team members and technical analysts for MCCI services.
- Created datasheets for Services like DDS, OMS, COT, MDMS and OSI testing, executed the LISA Scripts, and validated responses by writing SQL queries with AOM database (Oracle), OMS (Oracle), EDOCs db (PostgreSQL), MDMS db (SQL Server 2005) and validated data in AOM Broker GUI.
- Performed Interface testing for KMATE data (TMS, RIS and MPM) in the MRS via Integration Broker (IB) and validated data provided by all three systems was stored in the MRS SQL database.
- Verified data in BOS (Back Office System) and AOM Broker Application Tool Bar.
- Strong experience in evaluating business and software requirements, technical design documentation, and architecture and infrastructure design competence in the technology of digital life management system.
- Written the Test plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, and Test Steps for all the modules and stored in Quality Center.
- Extensively used SQL Queries to validate data in the Oracle Database.
- Created automation regression scripts using QTP in Digital life Management System.
- Good understanding knowledge of SOA and Web Service integration for the ESB tool used.
- Tested WebServices on SOAPUI and created few mockup services to automate the process.
- Testing of WSDL/REST was done using SOAPUI.
- Automated REST testing using soap UI Pro.
- Performed backend testing using GROOVY script in SOAP UI.
- Created documentation from SOAPUI for the Web Service created.
- Used SOAP UI Pro tool to test the new Payment Option features such as pay through Electronic checks (One-time payment) and Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) setup (recurring payment).
- Written Java Scripts and Python scripts for asserting the various output values in SOA Test.
- Strong Perl Scripting experience in writing conditionals, subroutines, Perl packages, OOP and Debugging in Perl.
- Involved in Regression Testing as well as UAT of the GUI front end.
- Involved in creating checkpoints, parameterize values using QTP for Broadband service providers.
- Rational ClearCase was used to manage all the changes and change requests in the projects.
- Worked with QA team with the aid of ClearQuest for the bug tracking and Mercury Test Director for Test Case Management.
- Writing and executing Manual test cases in Mercury Quality Center.
- Utilized Defect Reporting and Monitoring system Team Track.
- Working with SVN check in check outs for the repository.
- Created global re-usable actions using Quick Test Pro for automated scripts across projects.
- Prepared the test cases and executed them by Quick Test Pro.
- Created mappings for the Requirements in the Test lab from Iteration to Iteration.
- Involved through whole of Software Testing Life Cycle(V-Model)
- Had a very good knowledge of how to use ORACLE and SQL databases as back-end databases.
Environment: Agile Scrum, Manual Testing, Unit Testing of ActiveX Components, Tortoise SVN, SOA, SOAP UI, Shell Scripts, Java/J2EE, QTP, TCP/IP, Windows API Testing, UNIX (Solaris), HTTP, TCP/IP, HTML/DHTML.
QA Test Analyst
- Performing quality assurance functions covering the full software development life cycle, including development and implementation of test plans, test infrastructure and project plans.
- Wrote SQL queries to retrieve the information from the databases to check whether the information has been updated.
- Experience performing QA functions within Data Warehousing applications, ETL and Business Objects.
- Writing the Test Plan and Test cases for acceptance, functional and integration testing using Test Director.
- VBScript was used to enhance the recorded scripts and some of the fixed values were parameterized for data-driven testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Scheduled batch jobs using Autosys.
- Defect management using HPQC and generated various queries and defect reports. Performed Backend Testing. Validated the data in SQL Server and Oracle databases using SQL.
- SOAPUI is used to test various web Services.
- Execute web service tests for soap messages manually and automated using groovy scripts.
- Raised and Tack the defects in QC/ ALM, with appropriate snap shots, and log the defects.
- Integration of various webservices with SOA-ESB tools was done perfectly.
- Extensively used Test Director to store and execute the QTP Scripts and for defect tracking.
- Used SoapUI for functional, performance testing of web services which are based on SOA.
- Comprehensive experience in writing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts using manual and automated testing tools from Rational and Mercury Interactive such as test Director, Winrunner.
- Identified the GUI objects of the application, mapped the custom objects to the standard objects, where necessary, and inserted GUI, Bitmap and Text checkpoints, where needed, for regression testing using Quick Test Pro.
- Parameterized the fixed values in checkpoint statements, created data tables for the parameters and wrote functions for the parameters to read new data from the table upon each iteration - Performed Data-driven testing.
- Created Standard and Run-time Database checkpoints, where needed, to check the contents, number of rows and columns of the result set that was based on a query created on the database.
- Developed and automated the database scripts by writing PL/SQL functions and procedures in Oracle and developed the shell scripts in UNIX for reconciling the data in the existing application in UNISYS.
- Participated in weekly meetings to discuss the progress and bugs identified in the testing.
- Inserted various checkpoints to check for the image links and text links.
- Responsible for testing applications based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Extensively involved in test designing, test planning, test automation and test execution of test case based on User Requirements document and system requirements document for functional, security, performance, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and usability testing for both Black Box and White Box testing.
- Generate and execute written test plans, isolate and report problems and contribute to the evolution of Quality Assurance processes and procedures.
QA Test Analyst
- Interface testing with downstream Trading application.
- Extensively involved with the trading activities of Credit Derivatives, Interest Rate Derivatives, FX Derivatives, Equity Derivatives and Commodity Derivatives; and Futures including Commodity Futures Contracts and Financial Futures
- Interacted constantly between legal and marketing departments with the PM regarding various compliances which need to be in place before anything can be finalized;
- Gathered the business requirements;
- Performed requirement analysis and gap analysis;
- Documented the business requirements for the developers,
- Developed Test cases for manual testing and automated them using Win Runner, Silk, Load Runner, Silk performer and QTP.
- Maintained and kept track of stakeholders requests for enhancements and changes using Rational Clear Quest;
- Manually verified the validity of the failed test cases. Performed Positive, Negative and Black box testing on the application
- Used to develop Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, and executed them in test lab (QC/ALM) and excel sheets.
- Configured the QA Environment for Manual Testing as well as Automation through autosys.
- Translated Business processes into Informatica Mappings for building Data marts.
- Experienced in testing web services using SOAP UI.
- Utilized corporation developed Agile SDLC methodology. Used ScrumWork Pro and Microsoft Office software to perform required job functions.
- Create technical design documentation for the data models, data flow control process, metadata management.
- Designed Data Stage ETL jobs for extracting data from heterogeneous source systems, transform and finally load into the Data Marts.
- Used Data Stage Manager to Import and Export Data Stage components and Import table definitions from source databases.
- Used Unix Shell Scripting as needed for backing up data.
- Performing Backend testing using extensive SQL queries by UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Manually created the loans using Empower.
- Analyzed the business and functional requirements of the application and developed detailed test plans, test cases in Test Director.
- Test SOAP based web services manually and automate data driven test using SOA Tester.
- Designed and Documented Test Procedures and Test Cases for UAT, functional and integration testing.
- Managed user group access rights and administration and technical support for a HPQC
- Manually tested and GTS modules using Quality Center.
- Wrote Test plan and Test cases for the Integration testing and system testing.
- Did Integration Testing, GUI testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing, and Acceptance testing in the new builds for Basic Functionality Checking.
- Conscientiously followed agile methodology and conducted scrum/sprint meetings with the team members.
- Provide implementation assessment, strategy, and mentoring services for Rational Rose, UML and RUP.
- Served as a resource for analytical services utilizing SQL Server, TOAD/Oracle, and SQL Developer.
- Developed and maintained the project plan using MS Project
- Rational ClearCase was used to manage all the changes and change requests in the projects. Worked with QA team with the aid of ClearQuest for the bug tracking and Mercury Test Director for Test Case Management.
Environment: Load Runner, Windows NT /2000, SQL Server 2005, Sybase, SOA, SOAP, SOAP UI, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Ms-Visio, Cognos BI, MS Project, PowerBuilder, Clear-Quest, Rational Test Manager, GIS Tools, Lotus Notes R6 client, HTML, XML, Notes SAS.
Confidential, Murrysville, PA
- Interacting with the stakeholders to get a better understanding of client business processes and gather business requirements
- Conducted a comprehensive use case analysis to determine key abstractions such as loan underwriting, loan-closed, borrowers-info, mortgage-payments etc, and their mapping to the standard analysis mechanism to enable maximum reuse.
- Established traceability matrix using Rational Requisite Pro to trace completeness of requirements in different SDLC stages.
- Developing Test Plan with a Test Strategy for the System testing. Instrumental in creating design and frame work for automation.
- Used Test Director for reporting UAT defects and coordinated with other teams to resolve the defects.
- Analyzed the business and functional requirements of the application and also helped in developing detailed test plan and test cases.
- Helping development team in defining the scope for Unit testing.
- Although Unit testing is not in the scope of QA efforts but QA team helped delivery team in putting a process in place for Unit testing activities.
- Has done functional testing of the front-end application using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Backend testing of the DB by writing PL/SQL queries to test the integrity of the application.
- Involved in end to end testing from Quick Quote to the policy activation in both frond end application and in the mainframe.
- Involved in story creation and pair testing as part of agile development process
- Excellent working knowledge of designing and implementation of all QA test strategy plans and automated test solutions for client/server and Web applications with Mercury Interactive Test Suite (LoadRunner, WinRunner, Quick Test Pro and test Director)
- Involved in creating entity and attribute definitions and created physical data model using Erwin.
- Research in design methods to create scenarios for adequate test coverage.
- Performed database validation in the Mainframe to ensure the data entered through the front end reached the database.
- Tested the SOA Web Service applications using WS methods and interfaces and measuring from a Unit, Functional and Load perspective with the help Rational Functional Tester with SOA and Rational Performance Tester with the help of WSDL files and XML files.
- Interface testing with downstream Trading application.
- Tested the various coverage premiums such as Liability only, Comprehensive and Collision, Comprehensive only, Collision only etc. and verified the calculations based on the premium.
- Worked on documenting Master QA Strategy (a new template per ESDM guidelines). Defining the QA tasks for Java and data intensive projects. Customizing the scope of various QA activities based on nature of projects.
- Extensively involved in the automation of Regression Test Cases by scripting.
- Worked on ‘Segmentation Rule Analysis’ document, which will be made as a QA artifact and will be used as a KS tool (Knowledge Session) tool for any new team member.
- Worked on creating a document on putting a process in place for incorporating Sarbanes - Oxley act to mock up real production data in case of volume testing.
- Actively involved in Source Driven Testing, Target Driven Testing, Business Cycle Testing, Business Scenario Testing and Data Integration Testing.
- Worked on different database like Oracle to check the data consistency.
- Involved in the Production Validation for each Release Project and also took part in post production support.
- Hand on experience on different SQL tools like Query Man was used to test the complex queries.
Environment: VB .Net, ASP.Net 2.0, VB Script, Java, J2EE, C+, IBM, Agile, Oracle, DB2, SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server 2000, SOAP, HTML, XML, IIS, Quality Center 9.x, QTP 8.X, Rational Requisite Pro, Mercury, Load Runner 8.1, Windows XP, MS Office Suite, MS Visio, MS Access, MS Project.
Confidential, Newark, NJ
- Involved in the Review of Requirements Specification with functional manager and technical specialists of the application
- Design and execute Test Plans and Test Cases, generate Test Scripts and Test scenarios.
- Prepared Test cases, according to the business specification and wrote test scripts and maintained them.
- Wrote test plan for the newly introduced Hedge Fund trading system module.
- Prepared proper documentation with reference to company policy for the new WebPages designed of the latest release.
- Created shared object repository in Quick Test Professional (QTP)
- Created automation test scripts and inserted functions, checkpoints using QTP
- Created Reusable actions and functions using Quick Test Professional QTP
- Established connectivity between QTP and Mercury Quality centre and access the functions from QC.
- Implemented the whole life cycle of QA methodology starting from planning, capturing, creating, executing reporting and tracking the defects using Test Director.
- Performed manual testing using SQL Scripts.
- Tested user interface and navigation controls of the application using WinRunner.
- Performed the Backend integration testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries on the Database.
- Performed Stress Testing, Load Testing, Volume Testing, and Performance Testing using LoadRunner.
- Used Test Director for test documentation management and defect tracking.
- Maintained biweekly and weekly reports
- Identified resources, tasks and scheduling
- Conducted Bug review meeting to discuss resolution of issues
- Walkthrough on all of test cases.
Environment: WinRunner, Load Runner, SQL, DB, Test Director, Windows 2000, UNIX, Java, Java Script, Oracle.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes