Qa Engineer Resume
- Over 6 years of experience as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer and working in IT fields in various QA roles.
- Experience in working throughout all stages of Software Development Life Cycle in various development methodologies, such as Agile, Waterfall and Iterative methodologies.
- Vastly experienced and knowledgeable of domains such as Financial, Banking, Insurance and Health Care.
- Extensive experience in testing web, client - server and mainframe applications developed in various platforms.
- Proficient in analyzing Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), Functional Requirement Documents (FRDs), Software Requirements Specifications (SRS) and Technical Design Documents.
- Highly experienced in writing test documents like Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Requirement Traceability Matrix, and Defect Summary Report etc.
- Hands on Experience in performing Functional, System, Regression, Automation, Backend and Performance testing across many projects for multiple companies.
- Experienced in Software development maintenance tools such HP Quality Center, ALM, JIRA, Rally and bug tracking tools like MantisBT, BugZilla etc.
- Expert in automating web based application using various automation tools like HP Quick Test Professional/ Unified Functional Tester, Selenium, HP Load Runner and SOAP UI and expert in building testing framework such as Data-Driven, Keyword-Driven and Hybrid frameworks.
- Working knowledge of database tools such as Oracle SQL Developer, SQL Server, DB2 and MS Access.
Testing Tools: QTP, TFS, Clear Quest, Quality Center, Win Runner, SOAP UI,ALM
Programming Languages: C, C++, C#, Cobol, VB.NET, ASP.NET, VB Script, XML, XSLT.
Operating Systems: Windows NT 4.0/XP/2000/98, UNIX, Linux ES 5/4, OS/390
Mainframes: CICS, TSO, SPUFI, MVS, IMS, JCL, VSAM.
RDBMS: Oracle 10G/9i, 8i, SQL Server2000/ 2005, DB2, MS Access 2000.
Web/Application Servers: Web Logic, Web Sphere, IIS6, VMware Virtual Machine, Windows Server 2003 R2,WSSO,Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1
GUI: Crystal Reports 8.0/8.5/11.0. , OBIEE 10g AND 11g, Business Objects, Cognos
Enterprise Applications: Active Directory, LDAP, Citrix.
Designing Tool: Microsoft Project Plan, MS Visio.
Data Warehousing: Informatics, Power center, IBM Datastage, Ab-Initio
App Server: Tomcat6, Web Sphere 5, Web logic 9
Networking: TCP/IP, SOAP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SSL
Version Control: PVCS Tracker 6.8, Clear Case.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Performing the role of QA engineer in a fast-paced agile team.
- Reviewing requirement documents, system documents to ensure technical accuracy, completeness and compliancy.
- Participating in design reviews to provide inputs on functional requirements, product designs and schedules.
- Creating Test Plan, Test Strategy and Test Cases for in-house developed products and software applications developed .NET platform.
- Identifying and creating test data needed for carrying out execution of all functional and regression scripts.
- Interfacing with other groups like ODS team, Configuration Management team and Database team to test all features of the application in the perspective of End-to-End.
- Maintaining all manual test scripts and other artifacts like test data, test results and defect reports using JIRA.
- Using strong knowledge of SQL and database query tools like Oracle SQL Developer, DB2 Visualizer to perform data validations by writing complex queries.
- Utilizing knowledge of XML and experience of SOAPui tool in Webservices testing in multi-tiered application architecture.
- Designing automation test suites for regression testing using knowledge of java programming language and Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver.
- Using data-driven framework to accomplish a regression cycle which is robust and reusable across multiple applications.
- Maintaining existing QTP scripts written for functional testing and enhancing the existing keyword-driven framework to meet the current need and to have an effective automation suite in accomplishing optimal results.
- Assisting UAT/product team to attain acceptable results before products rolls out to production.
- Coordinating with other cross team to ensure the newly developed features function End-to-End.
- Performing production checkout before each production deployments and supporting the operations team in identifying and resolving all production issues.
- Providing upper management with precise reports on test execution and reports on defects found in all QA environments.
Environment: Quality Center9.x/10.0, Quick Test Pro 9.x/10.0, Oracle, PL SQL, JIRA, Java, VBScript, Solaris, XML, HTML, DHTML, Java Web logic Server, UNIX, Windows XP, MS Office Tools
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Analyzed project related documents like Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Functional Requirement Documents (FRD), Business Requirement Specifications, Design mock-ups to understand the functionalities of the application.
- Actively participated in business meetings to formalize the requirements and utilized these meetings to gather well-organized details on all requirements from the business team and the stake holders.
- Continuously communicated with the Business Analysts to solidify all requirements and identified all steps to create a productive testing solution for the application.
- Participated in formulizing an effective Test Plan for the whole project and provided my analytical skills to the QA team in implementing the Test plan throughout the project life cycle.
- Created Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Data to perform a thorough functional testing of the application in testing phase of the project.
- Created a repository of functional test cases using HP Quality Center and maintained all project related documents in this management tool.
- Followed the standard Bug Life Cycle to resolve all functional bugs as well as the non-functional bug and used bug available tracking tools to communicate with internal team and all cross teams.
- Performed periodic Defect Triage to expedite the process of fixing and retesting all defects found in testing environments.
- Used boundary analysis and negative testing techniques in performing a complete System Testing to assure a bug-free functional application for the end-users.
- Created automated scripts for functional testing of the data-heavy modules and work-flow related modules using HP QuickTest Professional.
- Performed backend validations by writing basic and complex SQL queries using Oracle SQL Developer.
- Utilized data-driven and modular frameworks to create an effective Regression Suite for the whole application.
- Used QTP advanced features like Environmental Variables, Data Tables and Automation Object Models to create more robust scripts.
- Created custom user-defined functions using VBScripts and created function libraries to use across multiple automaton projects.
- Customized Automation Suite execution monitoring and created useful custom reporting of the script execution.
- Implemented various Performance testing, like Volume Testing, Stress Testing and Load Testing using HP LoadRunner.
- Created customized reporting of all performance testing for team management and upper management.
Environment: Oracle RDBMS, Java, Java Scripts, Netscape Enterprises Web Server, Test Director, LoadRunner, Windows and Linux, QTP, VSS, MS Office, SoapUI.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Coordinated requirements between Business and QA areas for multiple project.
- Responsible for test plan and test scenarios development and maintenance.
- Involved in analyzing and writing test plan in accordance with business requirements.
- Rational RequisitePro was used for management the requirements.
- Wrote test procedures for front-end GUI standards.
- Wrote and executed new test procedures and updated test procedures as functionality changed during testing cycle.
- Created and managed test cases and detailed test procedures for administered software tests.
- Determined acceptance criteria and recorded software test results.
- Executed functional, regression, and end-to-end testing as required on GUI and Web-based applications.
- Tested new online applications utilizing Internet Explorer and MS SQL Server.
- Additional product testing included client/server application utilizing MS Access and SQL Server functionality.
- Installed new builds to QA test servers, configured test machines in order for the installation process of builds to execute correctly.
- Created automated test scripts using WinRunner for Functional, Regression, UAT, Integration, Security, Data driven and System testing using WinRunner.
- Executed WinRunner scripts, analyzed test results and recorded and reported defects.
- Extensively used SQL Queries to perform Back End Testing.
- Wrote SQL Queries to check the integrity of the data, wrote queries to create mocked up test data.
- Participated in weekly meeting and discussed modification request with management team.
- Documented test results, logged defects and reported the results to the upper management using ClearQuest.
Environment: MS Windows, UNIX, VBScript, SQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, My SQL, Crystal Reports, HTML, TCP/IP, MS Access,J2EE, UNIX, WinRunner, Clearcase, ClearQuest, TestManager, RequisitePro.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes