Software Tester Resume
- Accomplishing a QA/Testing position to learn, excel and grow within the organization and contribute value using my knowledge in software testing methodologies, software quality process and strong analytical skills
- Experienced in preparing software testing & analysis documents like Test Plan, Test Cases, Requirements Specification, Design Specifications and Use Cases
- Experienced in preparing various sections of a Test Plan: test strategy, deliverables, scope, test methodologies, entry criteria, exit criteria, risks & assumptions, resources & tools and project milestones
- Good knowledge of identifying various Test Scenarios in accordance with Requirements Specification and Use Cases; highly skilled in creating Test Cases using Design Specifications
- Tested functionalities during different phases of development using different Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) methodologies
- Good experience in Functional testing/Black Box testing, Regression testing, Performance testing, Integration testing/White Box testing, User Acceptance Testing, Usability testing and Ad - hoc testing
- Experienced in Defect Management Life Cycle (DMLC)
- Tracked & reported defects during testing and determined their severities; worked with developers and customer support to resolve problems.
- Worked with Quick Test Professional (QTP): planned & recorded tests, ran tests, analyzed test results and reported defects.
- Involved in testing the database using SQL queries
- Experienced in Semiconductor, Telecom, Finance, Public Sector business environments
- Excellent team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
QA Tools: Quality Center, Test Director, Quick Test Professional, Load Runner
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, SQR, Java, VB, C, C++, HTML
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL Server, MS Access
Documentation: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Projects
Operating Systems: UNIX, LINUX, MS-Windows, MS-DOS
Confidential, Houston TX
- Testing software to identify and resolve problems from an end users perspective.
- In charge of testing developed software against specified requirements.
- Accurately monitoring and recording results in test documentation.
- Preparing detailed test plans, acceptance criteria and test scenarios for each project.
- Liaising with developers and programmers to swiftly resolve faults.
- Analyzing, writing reports & communicating results to colleagues & managers.
- Monitoring the testing process and identifying and logging test failures.
- Performing peer reviews and estimates.
- Involved in Performance Testing, Scalability / Stress and Load Testing.
- Testing full product suite's, identifying problems & resolving them with the development team.
Environment: Java, HTML, Windows, Oracle, SQL, UNIX, Quality Center, QTP, Load Runner
Confidential, Dallas -TX
- Prepared Test scripts and executes in the Integration test phase
- Prepared Business processes for System Test.
- Involved in Reviews and Inspections of Functional Design of Manufacturing modules
- Complete test coverage and supports for the standard protocols and technologies
- ERP was involved in preparation of test plan, writing the test cases, Execution of test cases,
- Reporting the defects in TCS (Test control system) and regression testing.
- Create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests
- Participated in Unit test, Integration and system test
- Created automation tests in WinRunner and executed them in system test phase
- Used Test Director to create test plan and test cases.
- Worked closely with the development team. Ensure issues identified during tests are escalated with the appropriate urgency
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and performing automated tests in accordance with project test plans.
- Programming Automation scripts using Win Runner for regression testing
- Worked with developers to resolve problems
- Assisting in defining implementing test automation architecture and environment variables
- Provided automation Demo’s to Engineering team
- Responsible for writing manual test cases
Environment: UNIX, Java MS SQL Server, QTP, Oracle,SQL, Test Director
Confidential, Allen - TX
- Prepared Test Plan reviewing Requirements Specification and Use Cases; responsible for various versions and sections of Test Plan
- Created Test Cases using Design Specifications
- Tested Optimal Outcome functionalities deployed on Application Server and Windows Operating system during different phases of development
- Performed different test procedures: Black Box testing, Regression testing and White Box testing
- Tracked & reported defects during testing and determined their severities; worked with Quality Center components: Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab and Defects
- Worked with developers to resolve problems
- Prepared Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for Regression testing
- Recorded & Ran Tests, analyzed Test Results and reported Defects
- Worked in QTP & Quality Center integrated environment
- Performed extensive testing on Oracle Database to verify results; wrote SQL queries to query data base tables
Environment: Java, HTML, Windows,Oracle,SQL,UNIX, Quality Center, QTP, Load Runner
- Responsible for internet marketing and network-based trading
- Managed sales through sales campaigns, product displays and finalized the sales to large organizations via cold calls, contract negotiations, and frequent on-site visit, phone calls and trade show demonstrations
- Established user database of 250 clients within an 18 month span, contributing towards company growth
- Managed a team of 14 sales associates
- Assigned individual and group monthly targets
- Provided guidance and assistance to associates to finalize sales
- Organized and planned group events to large organizations at major cities
- Assisted in developing software to meet user needs, improving functionality and producing shorter sales cycle
- Played a key role in determining market focus and planning
- Directly presented products to CEOs and other corporate executives
- Utilized superior organizational skills gained from six years of experience managing multiple tasks in implementing training programs, waste reduction program and safety measures
- Expert in 5s concept and customer feedback program
- Assisted with implementation and education of safety training programs
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes