Qa Analyst Resume
- Around 6+ years of diversified experience as a QA Tester in Client\Server, Web Applications.
- Proficient in using automation tools like Load Runner, Win Runner, QTP, Test Director / Quality Center.
- Familiar with AGILE, Waterfall, and Spiral methodologies.
- Strong Experience in GUI Testing, Functional, Regression, Integration and UAT.
- Expertise in Test Case Design, Test Tool Usage, Test Execution, Defect Management, Defect Tracking, Test Scripts and Reports for delivering utmost Quality product.
- Strong experience of Software Development Life Cycle, Testing Methodologies and Techniques.
- Dealt with full life cycle testing in Windows, UNIX, and in LINUX environment
- Experienced in analyzing FRS and SDS.
- Proficient in Writing Test Plans & Test Scenarios/Test Cases and documentation of test results.
- Experience in writing automated Test scripts, designing Test procedures and Manual Test cases.
- Proficient in SQL/PL SQL queries to run the data integrity test along with backend testing using SQL.
- Experience in using both HP and Rational tools for defect tracking like QC and Rational Clear Quest.
- Expertise in developing Automation Frameworks for Web Applications using QTP
- Expertise on HP's (Mercury) Quick Test Professional, AutomatedQA's Test Complete.
- Expertise in Problem solving and creating Bug Reports using Bug Tracking Tools like Bugzilla.
- Extensively used Test Director & QC to write Test Cases and for reporting. All the Scripts are maintained using Test Director & QC.
- Developed Test Scripts for manual testing and automated them using Win Runner, Load Runner and QTP.
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center 9.x/10.x, JIRA, Test Director 8.x, Rational Clear Quest, Rational Test Manager, Silk center, Bugzilla.
Performance & Regression Tools: Quick Test Pro 8.x/9.x/11.x, Win Runner 7.x, Silk Test, Rational Robot, Load Runner 8.x, TOAD.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Visual Basic 6.0.
Scripting Languages & Web: SQL, XML, HTML, VB Script, PHP
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, RDBMS
Operating Systems: MS - DOS, Windows 95/98/2000/XP/Vista, windows 7, Mac OS, Linux, UNIX
Work Flow Tools: MS-Visio, MS-Project, MS-Excel, MS-Word, MS-Power Point
- Responsible for developing Test plan based on Functional specifications and Technical specifications.
- Responsible for writing Test cases for functional, Regression, System, Integration and end to end testing.
- Involved in Black box and end to end testing manually.
- Involved in Positive, Negative, Cross platform and Cross browser testing manually.
- Involved in testing of Web application, GUI, Functionality, Regression and Security Testing using QTP.
- Developed and executed SQL Queries to perform database testing.
- Responsible for maintaining test cases and test scripts for the application using Test Director.
- Used Test director for bug tracking and for maintaining the test documents.
- Used Rendezvous Points.
- Observed the Performance of the application by creating Vusers and monitored the graphs using Load Runner.
- Used Load Runner to check the reliability and response time of the application under heavy load and finding out the bottle necks within the application.
Environment: Mercury QTP, Test Director, Load Runner, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, Oracle 9i, UNIX, TOAD, Crystal Reports and Excel
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Gathered Business requirements and created use cass and test case scenarios and story board.
- Involved in all stages of testing including authentication testing of user in both backend and front end.
- Actively participated in review and product enhancement with Scrum team.
- Actively involved in Agile testing methodology, reviewed meetings and maintained backlog with tasks of the testing teams’ efforts for upcoming tasks.
- Tested and analyzed the results for the application as per business requirements.
- Analyzed Input Data and calculated Output data based on business rules and algorithms.
- Used SQL to perform Back-End data base testing.
- Used PL/SQL to create and manage test data on Oracle database.
- Integrated Test Automation Framework using QTP, which enhanced the usability of automation scripts, generated for regression testing.
- Using QTP, developed automation Test scripts, entered Check Points, added Parameter Values to Data table, and created Output Values.
- Developed the Data-driven, Hybrid automation framework using QTP and customized coding using VB Script.
- Mapped the custom objects to the standard objects where necessary, and inserted GUI, Bitmap and Text checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using QTP.
- Executed QTP scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources, data types, and logged the defects.
- Automated Dynamic Online Intake Application using QTP Framework and access database. Integrated it with test case generation for usability.
- Tested Performance of the application and provided support to Performance test Team using Load Runner.
- Rendezvous point was used to better control and generate peak load on the server thereby stressing it, and measuring its performance in Load Runner.
Environment: HP Quality Center Quick Test Professional, Load Runner, Java, HTML, SQL server, Oracle,.Net, MS Access, Windows, IE, UNIX.
- Extensively involved in the project since the starting of Requirement Phase for enhancement to the system and for addition of new module to the system.
- Reviewed Business requirements for testability and usability.
- Involved in preparing Test Plan and Test Strategy.
- Involved in preparing and Reviewing test cases, Integration Testing of Cases and System Testing of cases.
- Performed Functional & Module Integration Testing in case of In-House development application.
- Performed Performance and System Testing.
- Worked on identifying the test cases which could be automated using tools.
- Involved in Defect Reporting, Defect Tracking and in Preparation of Defect Report using QC.
- Performed Load testing using Load Runner.
- Involved in automation using automation Tool Rational Robot.
- Analyzed the issues which came from customer’s side.
Environment: Quality Center, Load runner, Rational Robot, MS Access, MS SQL Server, My SQL, Oracle, Windows-XP, Stress Testing, Functional Testing, and Windows 2003, IE 6/7.
- Involved in requirement analysis for performance testing
- Development of overall test strategies.
- Prepared test scripts for performance testing using VuGen.
- Prepared Work QC, for Test planning, Bug tracking and Reporting.
- Used QC to perform the baseline testing and organized all the scripts systematically and generated reports.
- HP Performance Center is used as a centralized repository for Test Scripts
- Load Runner is used to perform Load, Durability and Stress Tests
- Stress Testing is done on all the scripts.
- Load test is performed on the functionalities scripted
- Results of Load test and Stress test are validated against the SLA response values.
- Created user defined functions and parameterized the test using external flat files and databases.
- Analyzed web page response time
- Analyzed the response time for PDF, video streaming files embedded in the scripts.
- Create weekly/monthly status reports, SLA reports for all the load and Stress Tests
- Involved in providing post release support and analysis of the application.
- Prepared internal domain level Knowledge artifacts, reusable templates for the project
Environment: Windows XP, IE, HP Load Runner, Performance Center, Quality Center, Java.
- Prepare test plans outlining the scope, schedule and costing for a variety of software and System product releases.
- Used QC to write test plans, test cases and to execute them.
- Involved in overall testing activity. Prepared Unit Test Cases, Integration Test Cases and System Test cases and worked on executing them.
- Worked on Identifying the Test cases which could be executed using tools.
- Worked on Identifying the Test cases which could be used for performance Testing.
- Devised and developed and executed various levels of test scripts like Alpha, Beta and UA test cases
- Wrote Unit Test Cases using J Unit for this application.
- Worked on automating the test Cases.
- Detecting bugs and classifying them based on the severity and priority.
- Performed Regression testing of the application to verify its compliance with the requirements specified in the FD (Functional Design) and DD (Detail Design).
- Involved in performance related testing using Load Runner.
- Used optimizer for memory leak related testing.
Environment: Quality Center, Load runner, Stress testing, Rational Robot, and Rational Test Oracle 7.x, RDBMS CONCEPTS,SQL Server 2000,Turbo C++, Visual Café.
System Quality Tester
- Reviewed the design documents and prepared test plans and strategies to test the software
- Understood the business workflow logic involved, 3G phone simulators systems and created test plans and test scenarios using the same
- Performed Functionality, GUI, Security and User Acceptance Testing of the product
- Tested application for cross browser functionality with different browsers (IE 6.0, Mozilla Firefox, Safari)
- Performed documentation reviews and provided QA estimates.
- Created automated test scripts using Win Runner.
- Data Driven Testing using parameterization in Win Runner to test the application with different sets of data.
- Effectively worked with the development team to ensure that the defects/bugs reported earlier were not repeated in the next release of the product
- Executed the Automated Test Suite on nightly/weekly basis to make sure that the product is bug free and reported the same to the development/management teams with useful reports
Environment: Win Runner, Test Director, Java, SQL, MS Access, Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, IE
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes