Test Audit Manager Resume
- Dynamic, quality - oriented and goal-focused IT Quality Assurance professional with history of helping teams succeed in delivering technology solutions that are aligned with business goals and offer high value to the customer.
- Strong communicator who is adept at working with all levels within an organization and can effectively manage communication across geographically distributed teams.
- Critical thinker and negotiator, who can raise difficult topics, creatively think through solutions and balance the needs of all parties by being flexible and adaptable.
- Business domain experience includes retail, financial services, retirement services and banking sectors.
- Technical experience includes working with Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Planning applications such as Hyperion Workforce budgeting and forecasting and expense planning applications; ETL, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence (BI) and various financial services Transaction Processing solutions.
- Managed testing teams performing regression and new functionality testing for all systems required to deliver project; Experience managing global teams and offshore-onshore resource models.
- Mentored team members, wrote reviews for members of the team.
- Well-versed in various QA/testing methodologies including test case/scenario development, script development, execution, and defect tracking.
- Lead teams tasked to formulate detailed testing strategy and detailed test plans, including estimating effort and duration, identifying test environments, test data, number of cycles of testing, types and levels of testing that are required.
- Actively contributed to the estimation and planning, risk assessment, contingency planning, tracking and management of progress, issues, risk, and resources.
- Estimated and obtained upper management support for the time, resources and budget required perform the testing.
- Lead teams to develop and execute detailed functional, performance, integration and regression test cases, and documentation.
- Provided effective and timely communication to the project delivery teams, operating and executive steering committees.
- Prioritized testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones; activities and tasks are completed as scheduled.
- Actively contributed to the process improvement ideas with a can-do attitude.
- Played an active input and advisory role in determining release readiness of software.
- Good understanding of financial services, capital markets and variety of financial instrument types including equity, structured fixed income products and derivatives, options, Forex
- Trading and Settlement concepts; trade lifecycle and Straight through Processing (STP), order routing, FIX (Financial Information Exchange) protocol and SWIFT.
- Understanding of Portfolio/Investment Accounting Systems (Portia, Eagle Star, Charles River) and recon system Eagle Pace.
- Experience with instrument reference data providers such as Bloomberg, Reuters.
- Familiar with data integration frameworks including Tibco Messaging.
- Good knowledge of General Ledger Structure, US GAAP rules, Sarbanes Oxley compliance, Settlement and Reconciliation process.
- Thorough and in depth knowledge and experience in banking operations
SDLC methodologies: Waterfall, spiral, RUP, Agile
Requirements Management Tools: Use-case Models, Excel, Rational Requisite Pro
Business Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio, UML
Testing Tools: Quality Center, Bugzilla, Clearquest, Win Runner, QTP, Selenium Load Runner
Operating Systems: HP UNIX, Sun Solaris, Red Hat Linux, Windows NT/2000, AS-400, Mainframes
Tools: & Programming Languages: Basic knowledge in Java/Visual Basic 6.x, SQL/PL SQL, Crystal Reports, SQL, TOAD
Databases, DW, BI: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access, Teradata, OBIEE
Software/Applications: MS Project, Microsoft Office
Confidential, Enfield, CT
Test Audit Manager
Environment: MS Project, HP Quality Center, SRM, Phoenix TA, Deltadata FUNDlinx, VPA, Teradata, Informatica, Maestro Job Scheduler, OBIEE
- Worked as client side QA lead monitoring the quality of test cases (around 6500 in number) and test execution for the IDT project conducted by the software services vendor(Cognizant) team.
- Reviewed and verified the work of 6 cognizant onsite QA leads and25 to 30 offshore test analysts; work involved 6 different key business capabilities such as Investment Administration, Investment Valuation, Investment Trading, Investment Accounting, Investment Reporting and Investment Reconciliation .
- Identified a sample size of 3200 test cases for internal audit by using data mining techniques, pivot tables and by creating customized queries in HP QC report dashboard.
- Directed the QA team in identifying the right test conditions for around 1200 test cases, increasing test coverage by 20%
- Reduced the test timelines by 15% by identifying around 18% redundant test cases in the test plan sets.
- Rectified test execution process errors by synchronizing the Design doc, Test case framework docs, Feed flie extracts in a single location at test case folder level.
- Recommended apt public views in QC report dashboard in a large integration execution effort so that the defects are assessed by business capability and sub-business process area.
- Evaluated the QA phase risk and provided recommendations for UAT and other phases of testing.
- Validated test data in OBIEE reports by cross checking in Teradata tables and views using SQL queries; verified the feed file generation, transfer from the source systems and receipt at target systems by checking the log files; compared and validated file layout details.
- Established rules for Test data valuation for complex end to end business process flows.
- Contributed effectively in identifying key negative test scenarios for UAT testing duly customizing to Confidential Retirement Systems business flows.
- Coordinated and managed the internal test audit effort of 9 SMEs
- Streamlined the traceability doc and made it compliable to external audit by duly referring to multiple requirement, change requirements and design docs.
- Provided reports to management on QA risks and risk mitigation strategies; concise estimates on effort timelines, resource needs and status metrics.
Confidential, Woonsocket, RI
QA Manager (Advisor, QA)
- Managed Corporate Systems Portfolio for all test planning, documentation and execution of functional, system and regression tests with a view to uncover defects which led to the overall quality of the applications worked for.
- Participated in scheduling of target dates for testing deliverables, prioritized and monitored activities to meet such dates; successfully managed concurrent projects
- Involved in reviews and provided feedback on Requirements, Design documents and Specifications from testing perspective.
- Planned, directed and coordinated the test environment set up and test load schedules
- Developed, maintained and tracked quality assurance metrics.
- Generated Test reports, which clearly communicated test results, concerns, and project status with an emphasis on project risk including defect rates.
- Interacted with business and development teams to understand and resolve defects in all phases of project life cycle.
- Evaluated go-live risk via a written QM Assessment
- Drove Quality Management practices throughout the project lifecycle.
- Reviewed Automation feasibility analysis for complex applications; Developed automation framework and automated Test scripts using QTP.
- Hired and mentored contact ( from India based Vendors such as Infosys,TCS as well as US based vendors) and other QA resources.
- Worked for best work output in an offshore-onshore model.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr QA Lead
- Worked on Enterprise Profitability-Cost Benefit Analysis (COPA) Project
- Participated and updated on QA efforts and QA Stories in daily agile scrum meetings
- Co-ordinate testing efforts with offshore team in India and Ireland
- Developed new and reviewed existing SQL Queries to check validity of multiple data points in a data load process
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr Systems QA Analyst
- Developed QA test strategies, test plans to meet the business requirements
- Directed team members in the development of test cases.
- Created test data to validate complex international accounting transactions
- Coordinated test execution and reporting utilizing the onsite and offshore teams.
- Collaborated daily with development, Operations solutions and management teams to achieve consensus on test plans and test case.
- Provided leadership in the research and resolution of system related defects.
- Assured QA processes are being implemented and carried out throughout the project.
- Lead the testing effort and provided status updates and QA metrics.
- Initiated the idea and contributed in developing a document repository share point site for International QA division which helped cross training on all the application in the international trade region for around 40 team members.
- Created a robust regression suite for international Trade backend system testing area which reduced around 150 hours of recurring training for 6 new QA analysts
- Working as a SME, mentored four contractors and junior level personnel, new to international trade, in understanding the business flows, reducing the learning times and making them to be functional quickly.
- Volunteered to research and solve problems in 5 other peer groups, resulted in reducing 20% of their testing times.
- Volunteered to develop and distribute templates for new QA hire requirements, system and access needs, resulting in reducing 30 hours work for QA Manager; created mentoring and training schedules enhancing capacity utilization of the team from 50% to 80%, created datasheets for enterprise level testing and for the reuse of UAT testing which facilitated UAT team to reduce the testing times to 40% compared to their previous testing initiatives.
- Volunteered to work flexible hours in HK and UK time zones to facilitate easy and quick turnaround of the issues in the projects. On 2 HK and 1 UK projects, testing spans reduced by 50% and 75% and testing coverage increased from 60% to 80% respectively.
- Interacted with System Analyst at the early stages of the various projects, reviewed the requirements, participated in the requirement change discussions, contributed significantly in redefining and making the requirements accurate.
- Made helpful projections to QA Manager/Project Manager, of the projects in hand and the resource needs, resulting in reallocation of 2 resources for 3 and 2 months, contributing to reduction of resource costs to around $56000 in the group for the quarters ended June’11 and Sept’11.
Environment: Oracle 10g, AS400, SQL, HTML, SWIFT, HP Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, Windows office XP 2003, Outlook, MS Share Point.
Confidential, Merrimack, NH
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
- Worked in Trading Technology group, supporting custom applications used by Investment Professionals and the Equity Trading desks in Boston, London and HK.
- Assisted the QA Manager to establish Functional test requirements for trade lifecycle process enhancements, including new system development, new functionality, version upgrades, and reporting requirements
- Translated technical, functional and business requirements into re-usable test case scenarios.
- Produced documentation such as test cases, test scenarios, test scripts, test results reports, defect reports, trace ability matrices, requirements lists, status reports, and other documentation relevant to software testing.
- Tested and validated moderately complex to complex software-based systems
- Worked closely with other SQA personnel, developers, and business analysts to define, prioritize and communicate testing requirements, test results, and status of SQA related tasks relevant to the completion of a product/project.
- Evaluated, validated, and documented completeness and accuracy of test results.
- Verified compliance for user entitlements in obtaining market data.
Environment: VB.NET, Oracle, AS400, SQL, HTML, Mercury Quality Center, Rational Clear Quest, Windows office XP 2003, Outlook, MS Share Point.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Worked on the Trade Order Management implementation of London Trading Desk.
- Performed the gap analysis to get clear understanding of the present testing effort.
- Designed the Test Plan duly coordinating with the other sub-team leaders to minimize duplicity of test conditions.
- Created the test cases and test scripts including anticipating special/exceptional trade scenarios.
- Created Traceability Matrix and matched the requirements with the test cases.
- Ran Trade order cycles for different user groups and users and thoroughly examined the cycle since the conception of the order till accounting systems get updated and settled.
- Tested compliance rules for different user privileges and entitlements.
- Tested Charles River database using Toad and SQL statements to check the accuracy of data updates, changes and deletions.
- Validated “on the run quick security”, “broker set up” functionalities.
- Verified reports for reconciliation between custodian bank and the fund accounting systems.
- Examined the trade workflows for different fixed income securities including derivatives, with changed interested rate, market rate, and yield to maturity
Environment: VB.NET, Oracle, AS400, SQL, HTML, Windows office XP 2003, Outlook, Toad
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Prepared the test plan and coordinated the testing process between business and technical testing groups. Efficiently managed problem tracking records, project change requests and project problem issue logs.
- Prepared test scripts and test cases and performed interface and DIT testing.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing from business point of view and validated the test cases.
- Preformed negative testing for extremes of product values for complex business rules.
- Conducted meetings with different technical groups for dependencies and constraints of the project like ‘single sign on for the advisor website’ functionality, ‘on behalf of’ functionality, ‘getting the profiles’ functionality and closely interacted with overall high level Release Managers and Program Managers on integration issues.
Environment: VB Script, ASP, HTML, IIS 6.0, Windows Server, Lotus Notes, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Access
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes