7 years of experience in Software Testing using Manual and Automated testing tools in Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Complete understanding of QA Methodology including Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Familiarity with multiple development and testing methodologies like Waterfall, V model, Agile etc.
- Experienced in developing Test plans, Test cases, and generating Reports.
- Proficient in Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, System testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, GUI testing, Backend Testing.
- Experience with Quality Center to develop Test Plan, Test cases, executing Test cases in Test Lab and creating and tracking defects in Defects module.
- Experience in writing SQL queries using TOAD.
- Tested Web Services, XML, WSDL using SOAPUI tool. Modified end points when we worked on different servers and different versions of Web Services.
- Good experience with UNIX / Linux commands.
- Experience in testing Console APIs developed using C and C++.
- Good Debugging skills and experience in finding memory leaks using Valgrind tool for Linux and other UNIX operating systems such as Solaris, AIX.
- Familiar with QTP and VB scripting.
- Familiar with HP Loadrunner VUGen, Controller and Analysis tools for performance testing
- Ability to manage/prioritize tasks with in the time.
- Providing feedback to project managers/management on goal/task completion.
- Possess strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to quickly master new concepts and technologies.
- Ability to work in a group as well as independently.
Quick Test Professional 9.0 (QTP) / QTP 11.0, Mercury Quality Center 8.2/9.0, ALM 11.0, Load Runner 11.0, Toad, SOAP UI 4.0, Bugzilla
C, C++, SQL, JAVA, VB, .Net, XML, HTML, SOAP
Oracle 8/9i, Oracle 11g/10g, MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , HiRDB
Internet Information Server (IIS)
Project Management Tools
MS Office 2003/2007/2010 , MS Visio, VSS
Unix/Linux, Windows 2000/2003/2008 , NT 4.0, Vista
Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Filezilla, Putty, WinSCP
Confidential, QA Analyst
Project Description: AgHost system provides Agricultural News, Agricultural Weather and Live Future quotes provided by DTN which will help you to farm smarter. AgHost Online provides powerful tools to customers to sell their produce.
Worked in an Agile Testing Environment
- Reviewed User stories and transformed into test cases and test scripts for manual and automated testing.
- Assist in developing test plans, test scenarios and data.
- Created and maintained new test cases for cash bids for different locations and stored them in ALM 11.0
- Performed GUI and Functionality testing using test scripts
- Performed regression testing using reusable actions and Functions
- Worked on creating a SOAP UI script using WSDL to enter cash bids thru backend and see that is reflecting in the site at few areas.
- Tested Web Services providing required input data to request XML and validated response XML.
- Created regression test bed which runs every week on Monday evening 4:00 PM CST.
- Developed SQL queries and performed Backend Testing for data verification and validation
- Participate in review meetings to resolve defect related issues with developers.
- Attend Agile/Scrum meetings on a regular basis including planning, review and retrospective.
- Mentor Software QA Analysts and promote Quality Assurance best practices.
- Assist Software QA management to ensure that all test planning, execution and reporting are completed and complete project coverage is achieved.
Environment: QTP 11.0, ALM 11.0, VB Script, J2EE, SOAP UI, Oracle 11g / 10g, TOAD 11.0
Confidential, QA Analyst
Project Description: Thomson Reuters Westlaw was created for legal professionals. It is an online legal research system a one sto research repository. This project was an enhancement and maintenance project to test the functionalities for different Westlaw (Gulf Law, CPW Check Point World, Hong Kong, UK and India) Projects.
- Directed and executed software testing tasks requiring analysis, planning, and scheduling
- Participated in requirements and design reviews
- Decomposed requirements to create effective test plans
- Facilitated test plan reviews
- Created test scenarios and test cases
- Performed GUI testing and Cross Browser testing
- Performed functional, compatibility and regression testing, sanity testing.
- Executed and maintained manual test cases
- Performed Regression testing with Automation Scripts
- Reported test results using Quality Center
- Participate in weekly meetings with the client and Automation walkthroughs
Environment: QTP 9.0, Eclipse IDE, Oracle 11g/10g, TOAD 11.0, Quality Center 11.0
Confidential, Quality Analyst
Project Description: Performance improvement project to increase the number of events received and processed by the Product that centrally manages jobs, servers and applications on various platforms at different locations to serve the purpose of a system administrator. This requirement was targeted for different functional areas of the same product.
The product JP1 is a suite of products for integrated management of system operations, aimed to centrally manage operations of an enterprise system that consists of many different environments. JP1 meets the various operational needs of enterprise systems in a multi platform environment.
Reviewed Business Requirement documents and Technical specifications.
- Reviewed the proposed model with the Subject Matter Experts from business, Quality Assurance (QA) and IT departments.
- Core responsibility involved complete Manual Testing of the Application Under Test.
- Created Manual Test cases in Quality Center and associated with the Test Lab.
- Created Traceability for Business Rules from Test Manager Test Inputs to handle Business Rule changes.
- Interacted with Business Analysts, Developers and QA team members in different defect raising situations.
- Worked with development team to understand system functionality in order to improve testing quality.
- Performed Black Box testing including regression, integration and functional testing.
- Involved in testing client/server application
- Tested scenarios that involve socket communication
- Involved in testing command APIs developed in C++
- Involved in using command line interfaces for testing functionality of the product
- Participated in regular project status meetings related to testing.
- Participated in Readiness review meeting and Project review meeting.
Environment: C++, C, JAVA, UNIX, Windows, Quality Center 9.0
Confidential, Quality Analyst/ Software Tester
Project Description: This product is Job Management software that executes commands or jobs on a local and a remote host. The requirement of the project was to increase the performance of the number of job execution (both in a local and remote host) at the rate of 50 jobs per second which was 10 fold increase of the existing product.
Developed Test Plans and Test Case Templates.
- Wrote and maintained test cases with various end to end scenarios to test rebate Functionality, test matrix, reviewed Project Specification and Requirement documents.
- Identified logic path and loops in the code for efficient Unit testing.
- Conducted Code review.
- Executed Unit test cases for the application under testing.
- Participated in design and execution of Test Cases for System Testing.
- Checked memory leaks and estimated code coverage with Rational Purifier.
- Participated in daily, weekly status meeting while testing the application.
- Performed regression testing and reporting failures and incompatibilities.
- Performed Performance testing, Load testing, and Stress Testing
- Involved in Reviewing closed defects list with Quality and Development team.
- Managed the test cases and defect reports.
- Reported defects using Defect reporting tool Bugzilla.
Environment: C++, C, UNIX, Windows, Bugzilla
Confidential, Software Tester
Project Description: A Fixed Account application to Maintain records, Tracking of Assets and Calculating Depreciation. This product generates Schedule Reports including implementation of Act 53, Balance Sheets, Vendor information, Manufacturer information, Forecast reports on Depreciation.
Identifying and creating test cases based on functional specification and requirement analysis.
- Performed Unit Testing, Functional Testing and Integration Testing for various releases of the application.
- Performed ad hoc testing of products, reporting failures and incompatibilities.
- Ensuring all quality guidelines related to Testing is adhered to.
- Involved in reviewing closed defects list with Quality and Development team.
- Interacted with project teams while testing the application.
- Participated in daily and weekly status meeting.
- Managing the test cases and defect reports.
- Reporting to the Test Lead.
Environment: Visual basic 6.0, DAO, SQL Server.