Around 7 years of Software QA Engineer experience working with Web based testing and Client/Server applications.
- Well trained and extensively worked with AGILE Methodology.
- Extensively worked on the Mortgage, Loan Origination and Credit Card Domain, ATM/POS Monitoring Systems, DISPATCH Management system.
- Good understanding of QA methodology and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall, Agile and Spiral model.
- Hands on experience with all levels of testing including Smoke Testing, Cross Functional Testing, Fault tolerance Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and UAT.
- Hands on experience with Requirement Gathering.
- Hands on experience Writing Technical Documents.
- Developed Test plans that include Test cases, Test scenarios, expected results and prioritized tests.
- Used Quality Center with Management, Test Plan & Test Lab functionality.
- Used Test Link to create and execute Test Cases.
- Good understanding for business logic and developed test cases accordingly.
- Automated testing using QTP.
- Application of defect tracking tool HP Quality Center or ALM.
- Extensive knowledge on tracking open issues and creating new issues using JIRA.
- Extensively worked on Confluence to create and update Technical Documents (e.g. User guide, Installation Document).
- Worked with the Project manager, Business owner, Product owner and the tech lead to create stories for the iteration and assigning them based on priority & size of the story.
- Experience in working with Databases Oracle, SQL Server 2008, and SQL Server 2005.
- Led large size team and co ordination with the off shore team.
- Organized, detail oriented and have the ability to work well in a time sensitive environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM , QTP, Test Link
- Testing: Manual and Automated testing
- Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center, JIRA
- Portal: Confluence
- Databases: SQL Server 2008, Oracle
- Languages: UNIX, SQL, VB Script, HTML
- Operating system: Unix, Linux, MAC OSX, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. Quality Analyst
Coordinated with the Dell Ireland and Bank of Ireland team for requirement analysis.
- Extensively worked on identifying test scenarios from the Functional specification document.
- Knowledge transfer for the other team members regarding the business module.
- Preparing Test Plan document.
- Creating test cases from the test scenarios.
- Worked closely with the QA lead for test case review.
- Distribution of work among the team members.
- Planning according the milestone dates to assure the on time delivery to the Bank as per their business requirement.
- Preparing ALM test suite and test lab to assure smooth test execution.
- Coordinated with the BOI team to ensure the availability of the test data.
- Raised defect using ALM.
- Worked on setting up ALM.
- Involved in Sanity, System Testing, Fault tolerance and Regression Testing.
- Extensive knowledge on Euro Payment process and Bank charges.
Environment: Windows 7, IE 10.0, Google Chrome, ALM 11.0, MS Office 2010 and MS Visio
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Quality Analyst /BA
Worked on Requirement Analysis at the initial stage.
- Involved in requirement gathering process.
- Worked with the Business team and the Technical team to analyze the requirement.
- Extensively worked on Technical Documentation.
- Involved in Project Demo to the customers.
- Extensively worked with on SST Operation Bridge, Transaction Analyzer, RMM Agent, HP Tandem/Non stop, Help Desk and Dispatch Management System.
- Involved in requirement gathering meeting and product design meeting.
- Designing High level test scenarios and test cases using Test Link.
- Sanity, System Testing, Fault tolerance and Regression Testing.
- Defect logging, Defect Management & Tracking using JIRA.
- Verification of BASE 24 switch data through HP Nonstop/Tandem
- EMON and OCC port configuration through Tandem
- Worked on the HIC and HMC to monitor and configure backend using Tandem along with Threshold creation for the particular alert as per the requirement.
- Creation of stored procedure, data migration and database testing using SQL Server 2008.
- Demonstration of product, implementation of product, training and support to customer.
- 9.0, Test link, MS Office 2010 and MS Visio, JIRA, Confluence, SQL Server 2008
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
Extensively worked in Agile environment.
- Worked with Rally software to maintain the best practices of Agile methodology.
- Worked extensively with the Project manager, Business owner, Product owner and the tech lead to create stories for the iteration and assigning them based on priority & size of the story.
- Extensively worked with the Business owner and the Business Analyst to help them create the user stories.
- Exposed a good number of defects and created Defect Reporting in Quality Center.
- Actively participated in working with Quality Center.
- Worked as a Quality Center Project Admin to manage test cases according to the different release.
- Developed automation scripts using QTP.
- Involved in backend testing using FitNesse.
- Updated Data table according to the Test Plan.
- Involved in application testing, front end, backend and database testing using SQL.
- Actively participated in releases and building Migration packages from one environment to another environment.
- Participated in presentations for new releases and trained new QA teams and business users.
- Organized and tracked pricing changes in business and tracked application changes.
- Performed positive and negative testing of the application to capture defects as well fixation of the errors subsequently.
- Proficient in writing test plans, test cases and defect reporting.
- Involved in regression testing, acceptance testing, system testing, smoke testing and user acceptance testing.
- Created and updated various metrics for Automation teams.
- Involved in converting the manual test scripts for Automation according to the Business.
- Involved in rule changes.
- Extensively worked with SABRE to verify the RM Validation, Pricing, Tax & PNR details.
- Extensively worked with production validation team at the time of release.
- Responsible for all QA Deliverables.
Environment: IE 8.0, FitNesse, Quality Center 10.0, MS Office and MS Visio, Rally, SABRE
Confidential, Plano, TX
Proficient in writing Test plans, Test cases and Defect Reporting.
- Involved in Regression testing, Acceptance testing, System testing, Smoke testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Exposed a good number of Defects and created Defect Reporting in Quality Center.
- Actively participated in working with Quality Center.
- Extensive experience in Backend testing using SQL Analyzer.
- Very good knowledge in writing SQL queries.
- Excellent skills in Application testing, front end, Backend and Database testing.
- Actively participated in Releases and Building Migration packages from one environment to another environment.
- Participated in Presentations for new releases and Trained new QA teams and Business users.
- Organized and tracked Pricing changes in Business and tracked application changes.
- Performed Positive and Negative testing of the application to capture defects as well fixation of the errors subsequently.
- Created and updated various Metrics for Automations teams.
- Involved in converting the manual test scripts for Automation according to the Business Rule changes.
- Directly involved in the conversation with the Business Users.
- Co ordinate with project managers to determine the Scope of the projects.
- Extensively worked to analyze the User Narrative/Requirement Document with Business Analyst.
- Extensively worked on the leading mortgage applications like LPS Empower and Fiserv Unifi.
- Extensively worked on the Loan Origination system to meet the Legal and Compliance requirements.
- Actively participated in Product and pricing testing.
- Extensively worked on Interface Testing.
- Prepared Test Completion Report after completion of Testing for each release.
- Tested Web Browser IE 8.0 compatibility issues with the existing application, before they have been released for the Employees.
Environment: LPS EMPOWER, Fiserv Unifi, .NET, Quality Center 10.0, QTP 10.0, MS Office, MS Visio, Microsoft OneNote, MS Excel.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Analyzed requirements and documents, to identify manual test cases.
- Performed backend testing by creating test data by validating database contents using SQL Queries.
- Written automated test scripts for functional, GUI validation, data driven testing using Quick Test Professional.
- Employed data driven testing based on Excel tables by parameterizes test scripts to check application with different permutations and combinations of data.
- Involved in regression, interface, performance and integration testing.
- Participated in different meetings and helped resolve the problem in the application.
- Tested the application compatibility in the Versions of Netscape, Mozilla firefox and Internet Explorer browsers using Quick Test professional 8.2.
- Involved in testing all back end processes using SQL.
- Created different manual and goal oriented scenarios for conducting the Test.
- Presented regular progress reports, defect reports and test execution reports.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using Quality Center 8.2.
- Extensively worked on handling the application response for Positive and Negative sets of data.
- Performed functional and regression testing to verify defect fix.
- Tested application in windows and apple environment.
- Performed database testing by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Designed, developed, documented and maintained detailed test plans and test cases using Quality Center 8.2.
Environment: Quality Center 8.2, QTP 8.2, Java, Windows 2000, HTML, SQL
Confidential, Jr. Software Engineer
CESC is the largest Electric supply company in India, which is based in Kolkata. It has one of the most advanced technologies. They were in process to implement ERP to automate their inventor management system.
Training on Inventory management system.
- Worked with the implementation team to get the application tested
- Written queries for backend validatio