- Around 8 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) as well as software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) for various web based and Client/Server applications.
- Experience with Mobile application testing iOS, iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phones.
- Performed testing in different domains, which include Ecommerce, Education, Financial, Banking, Insurance and Healthcare in Windows and UNIX environments.
- Experience in testing and implementing the application following Agile (scrum), V model and waterfall methodology.
- Proficient in creating Test scripts, Test Cases, Test Scenarios and Requirement Traceability Matrix on analyzing the Business Requirement Document and System Requirement documents.
- Extensive experience in functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, GUI testing, back end testing, migration testing, browser compatibility testing, Sanity Testing, user acceptance testing (UAT) and component testing on Windows.
- Extensive experience in Manual Testing, Automated testing and quality assurance of Client/Server and Web based applications using Black Box testing.
- Experience in using automation tools Quick Test Professional (QTP) using VB script, Quality Center and Selenium.
- Experience on Mobile Testing both Android and iOS Apps.
- Experience in setting up TestNG framework
- Extremely involved in managing defect tracking system like Quality Center (QC), JIRA, Bugzilla, and Mantis.
- Excellent knowledge in TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Excellent knowledge working with RDBMS such as MS SQL server and MS Access.
- Experience in Back end testing using SQL queries.
- Experience in Data Warehouse testing, ETL Applications.
- Hands on experience with Informatica DVO.
- Expert in installing and configuring bug reporting tools, Automated Tools and Setting QA Test Environment.
- Willingness and Ability to learn new compliances, rules and new technologies and tools.
- Great team player as well as ability to work independently.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills including ability to multi task prioritize, face new challenges and take ownership of the task specified.
- Complete knowledge of SEPA system.
Technical Skills :
Quick Test Pro(QTP), Selenium web driver, SOAP UI, Telerik Controls
Bug Tracking Tools:
JIRA, ALM, Bugzilla, Mantis.
C#, SQL, CSS, JAVA, Visual Basic, HTML,.NET,
MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Access, MS Outlook)
Windows, Macintosh, UNIX
MS SQL Server, Oracle, MS Acess
Confidential, Gainesville, FL
- Analyzed functional designed documents and system requirements.
- Interacted with Development team, Business Analyst and fellow offshore QA team for better understanding of test approaches.
- Involved in producing high level test cases and creating test scenarios.
- Participated in daily conference calls, meetings for real time update of builds.
- Executed end to end functional testing, sanity testing and exploratory testing.
- Performed complete UI testing from end user prospective.
- Raised defects in JIRA and ALM.
- Experience in Data Warehouse testing, ETL Applications.
- Involved in Mobile Testing both Android and iOS based Apps.
- Performed Complete re testing of fixed defects and updated resource files.
- Performed cross browser testing.
- Validated multiple modules and banking domains.
- Assisted fellow team members during crunch hours.
- Performed Web Service Testing experience using SOAP UI pro, Telerik Controls
- Involved in validating SOAP XML specifications as per the standards.
- Involved in Mobile Computing testing with Windows OS, iPhone, iPad and Android Essentials including cross browser testing.
Environment: C# .net, JAVA Script, Quality center, MS OFFICE, Windows, XP, Vista, Chrome, IE, Safari, Agile, Telerik Controls
Confidentia, Cleveland, OH
Senior QA Tester
- Involved and Created Test plans, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test Cases corresponding to the test requirements in order to maximize test coverage of system requirements.
- Interacted with Development, Requirement and QA Teams to ensure overall quality of the software.
- Used HP Quality Center to ensure efficient documentation of QA activities.
- Analyzed and reviewed the software requirements, functional specifications and design documents.
- Attended design review conference meetings with on site team.
- Conducted System, Integration, Functional Ad hoc and Regression Testing.
- Tested the modules on the application by Manual Testing and did data validation using Ms SQL queries.
- Performed browser compatibility and configuration testing on various operating systems such as Blackberry OS, Android OS, and IOS etc.
- Tested and coordinated mobile applications in both Native and Web environments and validated the mobile application functionality on physical smart phone hardware devices and virtual device emulators like: Device Anywhere, perfecto mobile and Simulators like: Android SDK, iOS SDK etc.
- Involved in performing end to end User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Good Experience on Mobile app testing using Telerik Controls
- Involved in developing automated scripts using Quick Test Pro for Regression testing.
- Validated the backend integrity and reported accuracy.
- Developed Test Execution Matrices during the test cycle.
- Communicated with developers, QA and BA Team members to resolve issues.
- Participated in daily stand up meetings, sprint planning meeting and retrospective meeting.
Environment: MS SQL, C# .net,JAVA , Quality center, MS OFFICE, Windows, XP, Vista, Chrome, IE, Safari, Agile, Telerik Controls
Confidential, Hayward (Contract) CA
Roles: QA Tester
- Analyzed Business requirement specifications and system requirement specifications (Use
- Cases) the initial phase development of ASP.Net Applications
- Performed functional, Browser compatibility, regression, UAT and database testing.
- Performed Categorized the test cases mapping with the requirements.
- Involved in Agile Methodology, Actively Participated in Scrum meetings.
- Database testing by executing SQL statements. Created MSSQL queries for data validation in SQL Server.
- Involved with Informatica DVO as per requirements.
- Performed black box testing of the GUI with regard to layout, usability and standard.
- Used HP Quality Center to store and maintain all the documents.
- Involved and Developed Test Plan, Test Cases in HP Quality Center.
- Mostly involved in regression testing.
- Developed the Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements,
- Identify all test conditions and test data needs.
- Performed system testing to ensure the validity of the requirements and mitigation of risks prior to formal acceptance.
- Assisting the team in process related issues and motivating the team in achieving the target.
- Updated the defect status and opened new defects while testing the defects and prioritize them based on severity in Quality Center.
Environment: MS SQL, C# .net, JAVA script, Quality center, MS OFFICE, Windows, XP, Vista, Chrome, IE, Safari, Agile.
Confidential, Hoffman Estates, IL
Senior Software QA Tester
- Involved in both manual and automation testing.
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Functional Requirement & High level Design documents to prepare and execute the test cases and end end scenarios.
- Performed functional, regression, UAT, cross browser testing in different operating systems like windows, UNIX and Mac.
- Conducted regular reviews to enhance the test cases.
- Involved in Run test Plan, Test Scripts & Test Execution.
- Created the Regression Test suite and automated them for the purpose of regression testing.
- Involved QTP 9.0 for automating the Regression test Sets.
- Interacted with other QA Team members to discuss the issues before reporting them to development.
- Reported the defects to the development team in Quality centre.
- Maintained Test Logs and Test Summary Reports.
Environment: C# .net, Asp .net, JAVA script, QTP, MSSQL, Quality center, MS Office, UNIX, IE, Chrome, Firefox, Agile.
Confidential, Birmingham, New York, NY
- Participated in peer reviews of software requirements, designs and test procedures.
- Documented test plans and test cases corresponding to business rules and requirements.
- Manually performed System, UAT, Functional and Regression Testing.
- Maintained and executed test cases and test scripts using Quality Center.
- Reported and tracked the bugs through e mail notifications to the developers using the HP Quality Center.
- Followed the Standard Test Process Guidelines for the QA Methodology.
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts to support regression testing and participated actively in system testing and regression testing.
- Extensively involved in developing regression test scripts, creating output values, doing data driven Test for all the projects using Quick Test Professional.
- Used reusable actions with utilizing the flexible functionalities in Quick Test professional.
- Performed backend testing for data validation and data integrity using complex SQL Queries and joining multiple tables.
- Worked closely with Test Lead during the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) by ensuring full test coverage of the assigned test cases.
Environment: JAVA, QTP, HP Quality Center, MSSQL, Microsoft Office, .NET, SQL Developer