- Over 7+ years of extensive IT experience in the Software Testing of Web-based, Client/Server, database applications and Mobile Applications.
- Involved in complete software testing lifecycle owning the test deliverables from start to end through the entire SDLC and experienced in methodologies like Waterfall, Iterative and Agile (SCRUM).
- Created, updated, maintained Test Matrix, Traceability Matrix and involved in Gap Analysis.
- Proficient with development of Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases and executing Cases, with development of Test Cases from Use Cases.
- Experience in Black Box, Functional, Positive, Negative, Regression, Data-driven, Unit, Integration, System Testing, Automated script testing.
- Performed Back-End integration testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries on database applications.
- Performed Sanity testing, Smoke testing, Usability testing and Security testing of various applications.
- Experience testing Web services applications and using SOAPUI.
- Expertise in Agile Methodology & SOA (Web Services) Testing using SOAP UI and automated Web Services.
- Experience in cross platform and cross browsing testing using Selenium WebDriver API.
- Experience in Data Driven, Keyword Driven, and Hybrid Frameworks with JUnit/TestNG and Apache POI.
- Experience in Selenium 2.0 WebDriver, Selenium-RC, Java, JUnit, TestNG.
- Experience in testing mobile applications using iOS (iPhone, iPad) and Android Devices.
- Design & Development of the Test Automation framework / harness and any in-house tools required.
- Experience with JMeter to do load testing for Web and other protocols.
- Around 3 years’ experience in Automation Testing using Selenium2 (WebDriver) TestNG/JUnit and Eclipse IDE.
- Experience in executing automated testing using Mercury suites (ALM, Quality Center and QTP)
- Expert in documentation using MS tools (Word, Excel, Power point and Access).
- Highly skilled and experienced in Agile Testing process for diverse requirement
- Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium RC, SOAPUI, JMeter, Firebug, FirePath, BugZilla, Github, JIRA
- Languages: SQL, XML, HTML, Java, Groovy Script
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL
- Operating Systems: Windows, MAC, UNIX, Android
- Methodologies: Agile (Scrum) & Waterfall methodologies (SDLC)
Sr. QA Engineer
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Description: Confidential application is a web application providing self-service features to the employees and helping them in creating/maintaining/viewing the internal assets like seminar presentations, policy manuals, HR information, webinars etc. The content delivered to the user is targeted based on the user’s location and his role.
- Automate the regression test cases into test scripts using Selenium framework.
- Writing and executing TestNG Test Cases. Used TestNG assertions to validate test cases.
- Responsible for Setup the automation framework using Selenium Webdriver, Test NG.
- Develop and debug Scripts in Selenium (TestNG, Selenium Grid, Web driver, Apache POI, Maven).
- Enhance library methods in Selenium framework.
- Performed White-box testing and Test automation using JUnit.
- Developed and maintained unit tests using Junit.
- Written White-box and Black box test cases based on the User and Business Requirements.
- Involved in preparation of Data Driven Automation Framework for Web Driver using CSV Reader API.
- Prepared and Executed test scripts using SOAPUI.
- Prepared Web Services/API test suite for positive and negative test cases using assertions.
- Automated the API test cases and executed with the help of SOAPUI Pro
- Responsible for verifying IOS and Android applications on various devices and simulators. Also, perform location based testing on all devices.
- Used JMeter to do the performance testing to find the response time, throughput for the application transactions.
- Tested applications compatibility on different browser versions (IE, Firefox, and Chrome).
- Extensively used Firebug to locate the web elements using CSS selectors and XPATH.
- Developed Java Runtime, Email utility and DB utility in automation Framework to validate a Database with the UI data and run the latest build on the QA box with the Java runtime.
- Developed custom libraries for automation using Java.
- Identified test data feed for the script. Used CSV files using JAVA.IO to parameterize the tests for data driven.
- Identified logged bugs and retested them on JIRA bug tracking system.
- Managed change requests, issues and documentation changes using JIRA.
- Proficiency in writing load scripts using Apache Jmeter.
- Worked with Proxy recording to create automatically JMeter scripts for execution.
- Write test cases from the requirements/backlogs.
- Maintain and update the automated selenium scripts as per the changing requirements.
- Created UI mapping using properties files to separate locating patterns from code in WebDriver to static files.
- Create CI Jenkins job to run smoke and P1 test runs.
- Created jobs in Jenkins to run builds as part of regression testing.
- Setup selenium grid to run test scripts for parallel execution.
- Involved in production release validation testing.
- Provide any post release support, as needed. Expert in writing SQL scripts. Extensively used my SQL proficiency during test cycles of Insight data migrations.
- Developed function to verify service response and capturing it in xml files
- Report weekly status to Management.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Description: Confidential is the business of providing the health insurance and wellness to nearly 2.9 million members. Confidential assists physicians and hospitals in their mission to continuously improve the extraordinary quality of care that makes Confidential healthcare world-renowned. Confidential to develop a Web Portal for thousands of Health Care providers across the Massachusetts state. Provider Portal provides a customized view for the member providers based on their profile and gives instant access to the various tools in efficiently managing the business, latest health care news, fee schedules, status on claims and submissions etc.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases to test the Screens and workflows.
- Defined test strategy, approach, and testing tools/ architecture for the UI automation.
- Participated in technical discussions & product specific executive meeting as QA representative.
- QA status update in Agile/Scrum meetings, managing IN Sprint QA & QA representative in Sprint Planning/Story Pointing, Sprint Retrospective & in Executive Demo's.
- Solely responsible in tagging and promoting QA certified builds to different Servers including Integrated QA & UAT.
- Performed black, grey box testing using Android, Black berry tablets and mobile phones.
- Experience in Mobile and Web Application manual testing - iPhone, Android, and Blackberry Apps.
- Tested for consistent look and feel, and functionality under different browsers and Android phone.
- Did backend database testing by running SQL queries, and validating the results.
- Extensively used Firebug plugin for checking XPath to locate AJAX elements and other dynamic elements.
- Created JUnit4 test methods and test suites to do the Selenium RC automation.
- Used Default Selenium, Selenium Server and other objects to create Selenium framework using Java for UI automation.
- Used ANT to build the selenium scripts and run them on QA environment using the JUnit task.
- Created JMeter Test plan to leverage extensive Load Testing process.
- Involved in performance testing of the web application and web services using JMeter.
- Created HTTP Sampler to test application for different loads for key business scenarios.
- Involved in documenting requirements, writing and executing test cases using QC.
- Performed SOAP based web services testing using SOAPUI.
- Reported numerous bugs of all the severity levels and monitored their resolution status in Quality Center test management too
Description: Confidential provides wide variety of support and control services to business development. Supported applications are Welcome Package, Disclosures, Rewards and DartNet. The applications are a system of Menus, screens & Reports that allow the marketing and sales force to make special offers to existing and potential Credit Card customers. The offering can be such as low APR’s, Special introductory APR’s, Group Rates, Group Credit Cards, etc.
- Involved in writing test plans with high-level scenarios to ensure complete test coverage. Involved in writing test plans with high-level scenarios to ensure complete test coverage.
- Analyzed the requirements, created test plans and executed the test cases.
- Vigorously involved in white box, Smoke, System, Regression, backend (database integrity) and performance testing using SQL, RFT tools.
- Used MS project to track activities and reported weekly status to managers.
- Reported and tracked defects using Quality center.
- Developed QTP scripts to automate smoke and regression testing.
- Developed and managed the shared object repository in QTP.
- Developed data driven tests using QTP to test various sets of data.
- Designed the Manual and Goal oriented scenarios using LoadRunner Controller module to test.
- Developed scripts and scenarios for automated testing new and enhanced web based products using Load Runner.
- Used Quality center for managing the defect flow, maintained test logs, test summary reports and participated in defect review/status meetings.
- Mentored 2 team members for developing automation framework.
- Provided support for LCS projects (Lifecycle support)
- Regression tested every new functionality and old bugs giving a business impact by reducing time to market from 5 days to 10 hours. Helped reduced System configuration time.
Confidential, Worcester, MA
Description: Confidential property and casualty insurance subsidiaries, underwrite and market a wide range of property and casualty coverage for personal and business use-including auto, homeowners, workers' compensation, commercial and casualty insurance. Licensed in all 50 states, Hanover Insurance maintains a strong presence in several U.S. regions. In order to stay competitive in the Insurance sector the company has upgraded its Legacy systems to modern web-based technologies with the Point of Sale Application (POS). This system is more user friendly and efficient than the Mainframe Application, which is currently being used by the Insurance agents.
- Involved in analyzing System Requirements and developing test plans for Functional and Regression testing.
- Involved in writing test cases and test plan.
- Executed manual test cases and verified actual results with expected results.
- Conducted database testing using SQL queries.
- Wrote Test Cases and performed Manual Testing like Positive Testing and Negative Testing
- Participated in Defect Review Meetings with the team members.
- Performed Browser Compatibility testing during different phases of application development.
- Created test plan and executed test cases using Quality Center.
- Performed Data driven testing using data tables in QTP.
- Performed database testing with SQL queries to verify data integrity using QTP
- Reported bugs using Quality Center and generated the defect reports for review
- Used Quality Center for repository, reporting bugs, tracking bugs and updates on resolved bugs.
- Involved in the Weekly Bug's Status Meetings along with QA team and Development team.