- 7+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance as QA Manual and AutomatedTester with excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), and Defect Life Cycle.
- Strong hands on experience with HP Quality Center, Selenium, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Load Runner, and Clear Quest.
- Experience of working in Agile, V-Model, and Waterfall Model.
- Experience in System Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Testing, Load, Black Box testing, Stress, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Database Testing
- Proficient in reviewing and analyzing Business Requirement Document (BRD), Software Requirement Document (SRD) and preparing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts, and generating and executing Test Scripts to meet business and functional specification.
- Experience in testing the domains such as Banking, Finance and Insurance.
- Expertise in Requirement Traceability Matrix preparation and Defect Prevention Analysis activities.
- Experienced in automated functional testing by recording functional scripts with Positive and Negative sets of data (Data Driven Testing) and check system's functionality.
- Expertise in testing applications on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Excellent in meeting deadlines, result oriented and well executed the high workload without any excuses.
- Quick Learner, Excellent Organizational, Analytical, Problem Solving, and Time Management Skills with high attention to detail and quality.
- Work individually as well as in team environment to achieve projects quality goals. Well experienced to handle complex situations and critical schedules and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and ability to speak with different development groups and Clients.
Quick Test Pro (QTP), Selenium, Load Runner, HP Quality Center, Clear Quest,
SQL Server 2008, Oracle, MySQL,
VB Script, HTML, XML, Java script
C#, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, EDI, Crystal, .NET Web Services, SSIS/ SSRS/ SSAS, SOA, CSS, Java, C+
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Waterfall, Agile, V-Model
Windows – 7, Vista, XP, Mac OSX, LINUX
Confidential, Plano, TX
Position: QA Tester
Confidential is an IT company that provides the complete portfolio of hardware, software and services to the big corporate chain in global market. Mobility, Network and Security Solutions, Data Center and Virtualization Solution, Office Productivity Solutions, Data Protection Solution, Unified Communications & Collaboration Solution, and Cloud Solution are the main business segment. As a Tester, I have worked with other team members to assure the quality of software, data integration and data management.
- Created Test Plan, Test Scripts by reviewing the Business Required Document (BRD) provided by business team and developer.
- Extensively used Application Management Lifecycle (ALM), Quick Test Pro (QTP) and Selenium to execute the Test Scripts, Store Test Results and Test Cases, Import and Export Test Cases.
- Assigned ticket through ALM to developer and production support teams.
- Involved in Manual and Automated testing.
- Attended daily SCRUM meetings during each SPRINT session in accordance with AGILE methodology.
- Actively participated in development and execution of Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Actively participated in daily and weekly status meeting with teams (Business Development and QA) for the progress of the work done in the applications.
- Worked with offshore team members.
- Functional Testing, Performance Testing, Load Testing, Stress Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Data Migration Testing, Unit testing, and Regression Testing on applications were the main responsibilities.
- Performed User Acceptance Test (UAT) before launching the product to the clients and users.
- Validated the application by pointing to the host file.
- Extensively used the SQL Server to check and validate the data records.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Position: QA Tester
Description: Confidential is an integral part of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC)’s effort to modernize its Eligibility system. TIER has issued $900 millions in benefit to Texas and will serve as the technological foundation for a more integrated health and human services system. A TIER is welfare, web-based system that integrates the application process for more than 80 Health and Human Service programs. TIERS will link to 24 State Agencies to enhance data collection and save time.
- Involved in Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Change Request Design Document Reviews Meetings with Business Analyst and participated in Walkthrough meetings.
- Wrote Test Plans and Test Strategy, High Level Scenarios and Manual Test Cases in Quality center with the help of BRD (Business Requirement Document).
- Mapping all the Requirements to specific Test set and Test cases in Quality Center and Involved in designing and maintaining Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Performed different types of testing–Smoke Test for Every build, Functional testing, System Integration Testing, Black box Testing, Security Testing, Performance Testing and Regression testing.
- Responsible for the identification and creation of Test Data and verified the Results against Expected results.
- Executed Test Cases, Analyzed Defects, Log the Defects in Quality center and helping the Developer to Reproduce the Defects and participated in doing Risk evaluations.
- Actively involved in Automation Test Framework development, Tested in different environments and different Regression Cycles and maintain the Test Data in Excel sheets.
- Worked in QTP Record / Playback, Enhance the Automation VB Scripts for Regression.
- Involved in Backend verification and retrieve of data in different Integration Environments using SQL commands in PL/SQL Developer 8.0.
- Identifying, documenting and reporting all issues/defects discovered during Test case Development from identification to completion and execution following Quality Assurance Metrics and policies.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
Position: Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices. It offers a wide range of general insurance and life insurance products and services for individuals, small businesses, mid-sized and large companies as well as multinational corporations. In North America, Zurich is a leading commercial property-casualty insurance provider serving the global corporate, large corporate, middle market, specialties and programs sectors.
- Assisted on reviewing requirement, preparing and executing tests cases and report software defects.
- Performed black box testing, functional testing, integration testing, stress testing and regression testing of website independently.
- Performed SQL query to validate the data.
- Participated actively to setup the test environments for the application(s) need to be used in test environment.
- Recorded Test Cases using HP Quality Center for Web based application and checked the functionality of the application for every release. Extensively used Quality Center for defect tracking management.
- Prepared the Test Reports and Schedules for the management.
Confidential Chicago, IL
Position: Quality Assurance Consultant
Description: Accretive Health provides the services and technology to healthcare providers. The project was about the application for today’s health care industry. It was highly automated system for patient registration, maintain patients treatment history, hospital billing, patients record, complete diagnostic reports, inventory and accounting with detailed reports generated about the patients, fees collection and accounts.
- Reviewed the functional requirement specification documents and system requirement specification documents.
- Prepared Test cases and Test Scripts based on functional specifications and design documents.
- Test activities include Smoke, Sanity, Functionality and Regression Testing.
- Maintained requirements and created traceability between requirements and Test cases.
- Conducted manual testing and developed start up test scripts to test the functionality of the initial build.
- Involved in Test Automation using Quick Test Pro (QTP) to check the page contents, broken links, web objects, frames and tables.
- Involved in testing of Health Rule product suites.
- Tested the HL7 message for In-patient and Out-patient in IB (Integration Broker) and Bridges.
- Involved in bug report generation and in generation of test reports.
- Updated existing test cases, created new test cases as well as executed them and logged bugs found, using Test Director (Defects Module, Test Lab Module and Test Plan Module.)
- Conducted Regression Testing on modified builds.
- Performed SQL queries for Database Testing.
- Concluded the project by producing test summary document for management.
Position: Software QA Tester
Description: Tested login, Account summary, Balance statement, Bill payment on their online application. Himalayan Bank Limited is offering a wide range of banking solutions and services customized to the needs of the customers. This is one of the largest commercial bank in Nepal, which is operating throughout the country. Bank is highly committed to assure of the standard and excellence in the services backed by state-of-the-art technology striving to make banking simple, fast and customer friendly.
- Wrote Test Plan and Test Cases based on User Stories to establish their online banking
- Reviewed Test Cases and Test Data for Requirements Coverage, ambiguity, and completeness.
- Performed Functional, Regression and Re-testing for online banking module
- Documented the Test Results using Quality Center and MS Excel for communication.
- Query databases using MS SQL Server to retrieve data through joins and select statements.
- Attended in Walkthrough meetings to resolve and to follow up on development/testing issues.
- Responsible for developing Test plans / Test data from Specification Requirement Documents.
- Gathered Test Data from MS Excel sheets, MS Word documents and annual report book.
- Executed Test Cases manually for login, fiscal year, budgeting and funding resources.
- Investigated Bugs, tracked it in MS Excel verified the results against expected results.
- Interacted with developers and clients in Review Meetings to resolve Issues in the software.
- Performed Exploratory Testing, Regression Testing and Re-tested functionality after fixed.