- Extensive experience in Manual & Automation Testing (QTP, Load Runner, HPQC ALM)
- Proficient in writing and executing Test Plans, Test Cases, Bug Reporting and Tracking Defects. Tested software applications on various platforms and technologies like Java, JSP Servlets, JSF Hibernate framework, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL.
- Accountable for manual Functional System Testing, Systems Integration Testing and UAT with User Security to monitor and control project quality.
- Extensive experience with Manufacturing industry applications, Health Care, Stock Trading domains and basic knowledge of Insurance.
- Experience in developing Test Strategies, Test Scripts, Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test requirements and testing standard
- Involved in review meetings with Project Managers, Developers and Business Associates during Project Planning, Coordination and implementing various QA methodologies.
- Experience in testing database MS SQL Server and Oracle for database testing, SQL Queries.
- Excellent Client interfacing skills and Vendor Management skills.
- Familiar with CMMi process frameworks for QA Life cycle.
- Proficient in Test Plans/Results, Defects documentation
- Good team player with excellent communication, presentation, analytical, interpersonal capabilities and Problem Solving skills.
TOOLS AND CORE SKILLS
HP Quality Center, HP QuickTest Professional, Load Runner
MySql, Robot frame work, Jenkins
Desktop Operating Systems
Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Opera
C, C++,Java, VB Script
Oracle, SQL Server
Confidential, Toronto, ON
Client : Confidential
Role : Software Tester
Project : Online auto insurance quote
Auto insurance quote is a web based application for providing and maintaining auto quotes and policies for the customers. Customer can apply for an auto insurance quote online. The application is designed to adjudicate applications for various customer needs.
- Analyzed functional requirements for online auto insurance quotes application
- Responsible for writing numerous queries to pull the data from SQL server database
- Involved in performing Back end testing using MS SQL queries
- Worked as software tester to test the Online auto insurance quote manually using QC
- Written and executed test cases from business requirement documents
- Performed Functional and Regression Testing using QTP
- Enhance the script by inserting the synchronization point, check point and output values.
- Performed Regression testing for each build fixes and interacted with the Developers for resolving technical issues
- Identified Smoke test cases to accept or reject a new build received for testing
- Tested the website for cross browser compatibility using IE 8,9,10 and Firefox 18,19
Confidential Ind. Ltd., Mumbai, India June 2009 – Feb 2014
Title: QA/UAT Tester - Team Size: 10 , Domain: Manufacturing
Project: Business Transformation Team Size: 4
Tools: QTP, HPQC, Java, JDK 1.6, Oracle 9i, Apache Tomcat 6
- The system was transformed from legacy COBOL based technology to Web based application.
- Various modules worked with are E-App New Business (Client verification, Client updates, new client registration, Client categorization, Client’s requirements entry, Client’s billing details), Order Management System (Order booking, Order execution details, Invoices).
- Maintain client data, verification, update, new registration, billing details
- Generate upload file of order bookings for production and vice versa.
- Generate related MIS reports.
- Developed test scenarios and test procedures based on the test requirements.
- Understanding SDLC and the functionality of different types of applications from the Use Cases. Manual Testing across all Projects.
- Prepared Test Plans for each release, written Test Cases and executed them as part of Functional Testing. Automation scripting using automation tool QTP and run automation suite.
- Prepared Test Reports and Document results in Excel.
- Performed Functional, Regression and Integration Testing, Uncovering and detecting software defects.
- Defect management using HPQC
- Conducted manual testing using the Standards, guidelines and structured methodology in testing the application.
- Responsible for weekly status updates showing the progress of manual testing.
- Interacted with various business team members to gather and document the requirements for system up gradation.
- Performed Black Box testing and conducted Functionality and Regression testing on various phases of the software up gradation.
- Well versed in writing queries/Scripts for Data Analysis and testing.
- Defect Triage meetings, following up/Coordination with the developers for fixing the bugs.
- Responsible for Backend testing and executing SQL queries.