- Around 8 years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software Testing in various industries.
- Experience in requirement analysis, creating traceability matrix, test planning, creating test data and implementation of test suite (test plan, test scripts and test cases).
- Extensive experience in testing Client/Server and Web-based Applications.
- Expertise in Automated testing tools such as Win Runner and QTP.
- Expertise in Bug reporting tools such as Test Director and Quality Center.
- Analyzed test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action where necessary.
- Implemented Sanity Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Testing, Functionality Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Stress Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Load Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Regression Testing of Web Based Applications and Client-Server Applications.
- Involved in 4010 and 5010 transactions along with ICD 9 and ICD 10 codes, and validated the HIPAA Syntax.
- Involved in analysis, design, and development of SOAP web services for Health Information Exchange.
- Proficient in manual and automated testing of applications on Windows and Unix environment.
- Very good experience in Back-End Testing using SQL on UNIX and Windows platform to validate the consistency of data.
- Experienced working with 5010 transactions changes analysis, design and migration strategy.
- Have good knowledge of HIPPA 4010 /5010 versions.
- Profound understanding of insurance policies like HMO and PPO and proven experience with HIPPA 4010 EDI transaction codes such as 270/271(inquire/response health care benefits), 276/277(Claim status), 834(Benefit enrollment), 835(Payment/remittance advice), 837(Health care claim).
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix and Test summery report.
- Strong Knowledge on MS Office suite, MS Visio, MS Project, and MS Access.
- Proficient knowledge in various types of Software Testing such as Integrated testing, System Testing, Positive Testing, Negative testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Load Testing, Volume Testing, Data Driven Testing, Back end Testing and Regression Testing.
- Good working knowledge of major Operating Systems such as Windows and UNIX.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, ability to adapt to new and dynamic environments, problem solving, judgment and decision making skills.
- Good team leader, Player and can work alone with minimal or no supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work with time constraints while paying attention to.
Testing Tools: Soap UI, Quick Test Pro (QTP) and Win Runner
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center and Test Director
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7, MS DOS, UNIX
Reporting Tools: Toad, Rational Clear Quest
Languages: TSL, T-SQL, HTML, VBScript.
RDBMS: SQL Server 2000/2005, DB2, MS Access, Oracle
Utilities/Application: MS Office Suite 03/07, MS Visio MS Project 03/07, Adobe Acrobat Reader/Writer, Adobe Photoshop
Platform: Java, Visual Basic, C, ASP.NET
Confidential, Spokane, WA
Business System Analyst
- Studied existing business application and processes, current source system, collected end user requirements and suggested the improvised business process model.
- Analyzed the “As is” and “To be” system documents to show the current and proposed functionalities of the system using MS VISIO.
- Gap Analysis of client requirements, generated workflow process, flow charts and relevant artifacts.
- Involved in defining and documenting the vision and scope of the warehousing project.
- Worked with ACES and Facets claims data for claims subject area, Enrollment and billing data for member/Subscriber, and Product subject areas.
- Involved in the development of Business and Technical Requirements Document (BTRD) and Business System Design (BSD) document for the project.
- Involved in identifying and studying the ACES and Facets system data for the attribute mapping purpose
- Conducted interviews with management team
- Conducted and participated in the JAD session with the SME’s and project team members.
- Worked as a liaison between the business and technical side to convey the business needs to the system architects.
- ICD 9 – ICD 10 Conversion Project – Worked in the analysis of the ICD 9 – 10 codes conversion Project. Expertise in GEM processes and concepts.
- Analyzed the requirements from Group Class Plan (GCP) document for member and subscriber demographic information and the insurance plans introduced in the New York states.
- Wrote test plans and test cases based on the requirements and design documents
- Created members through express claim test pro for testing purposes
- Developed detailed test scenarios as documented in business requirements documents
- Executed test cases for the existing market’s various lines of business. (The test cases covered: Authorization of claims, Accumulator, Benefits, Claim Payment and Pricing, as well as member and provider data updates)
- Performed Functional, Regression, and system testing for Pricing Application
- Maintained a traceability matrix of the requirements and created test cases, as well as testing matrix of the test cases and any corresponding defects. Conducting business validations, covering the following deliverables: FACETS Providers, Facets Claims and Facets Membership and Operational reports
- Involved in Facets Implementation, end-to-end testing of FACETS Billing, Enrollment Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module
Environment: ALM, QTP, Soap UI, EDI, XML, Java, J2EE, HTML, UNIX, Web logic server, IE
- Reviewed the Business requirement, Functional Design Documents and Technical Specification documents
- Created Test Cases and Test data after analyzing the BRD
- Monitored ETL batch jobs on batch servers and reviewing Log, Error and Output files
- Performed Functional and GUI testing on Facets Billing, Customer service and Subscriber application under Facets
- Validated Load Receipt functionality, Cash Receipt functionality, Group Invoice functionality, and Policy Details extract functionality
- Logged of defects in Quality Center to maintain Test requirements and to communicate the bugs with the Developers.
- Performed Backend testing by writing SQL validation queries in Oracle Toad against the database.
- Validated records, structure of tables, Indexes, Triggers in tables after migration from Facets 4.31 to Facets 4.81 database
- Identified the requirements for accommodating HIPAA 5010 standards for 837P transactions and captured these requirements to develop new GUI for the internet based application.
- Extensively worked with EDI transactions such as 835, 837 following the HIPAA compliance EDI standard format of X12
- Involved in upgrading HIPAA 4010 transaction to HIPAA 5010 transaction project, processed 837 claims file and verifying 277 report, checking various 835 ERA
- Involved in testing of HIPPA 835 for the payment of claims and transfer of remittance information
- Executed Performance test procedures to check to time span
- Validated member’s benefits against the benefits matrix
- Analyzed and testing data on different billing and membership functionality manually and writing queries on database for validating data
- Maintained requirement traceability matrix on daily basis and participating in daily defect triage and status meeting.
- Created input test files as per the business requirements in Ultra edit and processing them in batch server to load data to respective tables in database and to generate the output
- Updated Functional Specs as per the change request received from client
- Performed Online Security testing of different profiles in Facets 4.81
Environment: Facets 4.81, Batch Servers, Quality Center, TOAD for Oracle, MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Analyzed business requirements and module-specific functionalities to identify test requirement
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix to track requirements
- Conducted Manual Testing for checking the flow of the application functionality
- Manually tested each module of the application and verify against expected results
- Analyzed user requirements and prepared test approach document
- Prepared test requirements, test cases manually
- Checked the data flow through the front-end to back-end and used SQL queries to extract the data from the database
- Conducted Back-End Testing for Oracle databases using complex SQL queries
- Performed various types of Black box testing
- Performed Database Integrity Testing by executing SQL statements
- Performed comparison of actual report with the expected values by querying the database
- Performed extensive manual testing on critical functionalities of the application
- Created and tested scenarios using positive and negative test data
- Wrote simple to complex SQL queries to verify the database tables for the data inserted from the GUI
- Modified and maintained test cases with changes in application interface and navigation flow
- Used Quality Center for bug tracking and reporting, also followed up with development team to verify bug fixes, and update bug status
- Created and Maintained Traceability Matrix and performed GAP Analysis
- Prioritized and reported defects, presented documents and reports in weekly team meetings
- Simulate business use with multiple users with typical business scenarios
- Interacted with developers and team members for verification and validation aspects
- Conducted Integration test for the application
Environment: HTML, IE, Java, UNIX, Oracle, Quality Center, SQL, MS Office
- Tested the Facets 4.3 and Claims processing applications
- Managed requirements using Quality Center
- Documented Test cases corresponding to business rules and other operating conditions in Quality Center
- Involved in Developing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts
- Performed End-to-End testing manually
- Responsible for GUI Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and Acceptance Testing
- Tested the backend database using SQL queries
- Extensively worked with ANSI X12 HIPAA EDI Transactions 270, 271, 276, 277, 837, 835 and 997
- Involved in testing the Medical and Hospital claims in Facets based on Service, Agreement and Pricing Id's
- Tested the Web interfaces and Web Service Applications
- Worked with ANSI X12 (835, 837, 834) EDI Transactions
- Extensively used UNIX shell scripts
- Responsible in providing regular test reports to the management
- Reported the defects to the developers using Quality Center
Environment: JAVA, HTML, XML, Quality Center, Facets 4.3, Mainframes (JCL, DB2, CICS, COBOL, File-Aid), MS-OFFICE, ANSI X12 (835, 837, 997) EDI
Confidential, Goodlettsville, TN
- Interacted with the client to obtain the software requirements specification
- Analyzed the requirements, created test plans and test cases
- Performed sanity and smoke testing on the system manually
- Performed security testing manually to assure that only privileged users access the brokerage application
- Participated in meetings on a regular basis to overcome the communication gap
- Performed Integration testing, System testing and Regression testing.
- Performed the Back-End testing manually by writing and executing SQL statements on Oracle Database in UNIX environment
- Conducted regression testing
- Negative and Positive testing was conducted manually
- Involved in integration, regression testing and functionality testing
- Used Test Director to report bugs.
- Reported problems and testing progress to the QA lead
- Participated in walkthroughs, regular meetings, commutated problems and issues to the QA Lead
- Analyzed system requirements and developed test plan, test cases using Test Director
- Added different check points and synchronization points in test script to check the application by comparing its current behavior to its behavior in a previous version using HP Mercury Win Runner
Environment: Win Runner, Test Director, MS Office, Oracle, VB Script, Windows XP, Internet Explorer, SQL.
- Analyzed the business requirements and wrote a Test Strategy and Test Plan.
- Involved in the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Created Test plans, Test Cases in Test Director as per the business requirements and executed them.
- Involved in writing and implementation of the various test cases and test scripts created for Functional testing using QC.
- Involved in testing GUI applications in client/server system.
- Tested results and bugs were reported to the development team.
- Involved in testing all stages of GUI tests. Performed database integrity check using SQL Performed User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in System testing and Performance testing.
- Interacted with developers, Business & Management Teams and End Users.
- Interacted with programmers to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Conducted integration, functional, Validation, regression testing.
- Extensively worked on Test Director for bug reporting/tracking.
- Conducted Regression Testing upon the change control request feedback from clients.
Environment: Quality Center 8.2, Oracle, SQL, MS Office.