- Software QA professional with over 7 years of experience in full QA life cycle for large scale Telecom, Hotel Management, Bank, Health care and Insurance applications.
- Excellent working knowledge of designing & implementation for developing Test Plans, Test Case, Test Strategies, Test Scripts, Test Procedures within Testing Standards
- Experience in Functional Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Smoke Testing, Security Testing, Cross Browser and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Excellent experience in performing Manual and Automation testing
- Strong knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Testing Methodologies and Techniques
- Experience using query tools for Oracle and MS SQL Server to validate reports and troubleshoot data quality issues
- Well versed with the Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Excellent knowledge about the test design, test development and implementation of test procedures for Web based, Client/Server, Internet & Intranet systems using C++, Java, J2EE, ASP.Net, C#.Net
- Hands on experience with QTP and Mercury Suite (QC, Win Runner and Test director)
- Excellent track record of successfully meeting deadlines
- Experience in handling offshore and onsite team co-ordination
- Worked extensively on browser compatible testing on different web applications
- Excellent Team Player with Good Communication Skills and ability to work concurrently on multiple projects
Testing Tools: Quality Centre, QTP, Share point and Test Director
Protocols: HTTP,HTTPS, FTP and TCP/IP
Operating systems: UNIX, LINUX and Windows XP and Windows 7
RDBMS: MS Excel 2010,Toad,Oracle & MS SQL Server
Confidential, Burlington, VT
Confidential is a web based application for ordering of voice and Internet services. This application has modules like Preordering, Customer Account Repository, products and check out modules. This is a web based application developed in .net architecture 4.0 using C# and ASP.net technologies.
- Responsible for preparing checklist documents, Test plan, entrance and exit criteria
- Analyzed the User Stories and prepared tasks based on that
- Involved in preparing System Test Plans based on User Requirements Document (URD)
- Performed System testing, End To End testing and Functional testing in Address Validation and Account Repository modules
- Performed regression testing on high level functionality of previous releases
- Supported User Accepting Testing Process in coordination with Business Analysts
- Using Quality Center created and updated the Test cases based on requirements for better traceability
- Used data driven testing using QTP to develop Automated Test Scripts for various address formats and Customer Account Search.
- Working closely with the development team to develop and implement Testing Plans
- Used MS SQL 2008 to query the tables for data validation and order sessions
Environment: Quality Centre, QTP, SQL Server 2008, Share Point
Confidential, Dallas, TX
QA Analyst Engineer
Project - Commission Processing System
CPS product deals with processing the commissions for the Hotel Chains. This is web based application basically used by Pegasus employees to monitor the hotel reservation done by agents and Hotel chains. This application checks the status of various hotel reservations done by agents for different hotel chains like Marriott, Hyatt etc for number of bookings done for each of those hotels. Based on numbers of bookings this application will decide the commission for those agents they are eligible for. Usually the compensation is decided by various factors set forth by each of the hotel groups. All of those business rules are embedded in to the system so it is automated for any agents acting on behalf of those hotel chains. This application built is in such a way that details of one agent’s selling is not seen by other agent to maintain the privacy and business trading.
- Developed Test Cases for Travel Com and Commission Processing products using Quality Center
- Designed and implemented regression testing criteria
- Performed manual testing for Commission Processing product
- Utilized Oracle as backend database for Travel Com system
- Used Remedy to track the defects and to generate the reports
- Involved in security testing for this module
- Tested in a clustered staging environment
- Involved in scrum meetings
- Was involved in discussions during the whole software life cycle and modified test scripts and added accordingly
- Used to analyze the data in XML for test results
Environment: Quality Centre, Oracle, Remedy and UNIX
Confidential, Chicago, IL
QA Testing Engineer
Project -Insurance Claim Automation
The project is a web application to setup case when preliminary notice comes to an agent about the insurance claim from an insured. This application takes the basic details required to setup case and case id is generated and is assigned to assignor. Then systems triggers tasks to be followed by assignor to requests for any documents. Once the case is finalized claim money is issued to the insured.
- Involved in development of test plans for Web Application.
- Developed Test Cases from the requirement documents and executed Test Cases using Quality Center
- Strong understanding of software life cycles and software testing methods.
- Performed End-to-End testing manually
- Wrote SQL Queries to verify the back end data in database table for correctness.
- All the test scripts were Manually executed and some cases are recorded using QTP
- Involved in business requirements, user requests and daily defect meetings
- Used Quality Center to report defects and track their status
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Project -Web Enroll:
Confidential is a leading Health Insurance Provider in the Midwest area. This application developed provides the customers with online help for finding various available Health Plans for online enrolling. It also provides the details about the Providers, Hospitals, Clinics and Doctors. It allows the user to create online account and also provides online details of Claims. This application also provides the information about all the Cases a Patient has with the Provider.
- Involved in writing Test Plans and Test Cases for the application using Quality Center
- Involved in writing and execution of manual test cases to validate the application release
- Performed functional testing of application end to end using manual testing
- Wrote SQL Queries to validate the data correctness and completeness in the database tables
- Verified that XML generated in application is as expected and validated it for correctness
- Checked logs on UNIX server for any system or application errors
- Performed regression testing of application using test scripts
- Performed screen navigation and evaluated user interface for ease of use of the application
- Involved in writing Unix Shell scripts for the application testing
- Tracked the defects, generated various reports using Quality center and distributed the reports to the team for meetings
- Performed quick sanity testing of important modules of application for every newer/modified version of application
- Participated in weekly status meetings with the QA and application development team.
Environment: Windows XP, Quality Center, XML, Asp.Net, VB.Net, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Internet Explorer, MS Office Tools
Confidential, San Ramon, CA
Project - Confidential :
An Confidential application was developed for all secure transactions. This application, successfully completed on a tight schedule, provides the bank’s clients easy access to their account information and also many additional user-friendly features.
- Created test plan/ test cases based on functional specifications/ design documents
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Test Director
- Developed Test Scenarios and Prepared the Test Data
- Updated/Added test cases as required depending on the change of the specifications
- Performed Functional, Regression, System Testing and End to End testing
- Executed and modified test cases to suite different versions of the specification
- GUI configuration of different object present in the application
- Coordination with development team regarding the design issues and providing updates to management on testing status and scheduling issues
- Reported defects about any failures in the script with Test Director
- Involved in Bug verification
- Analyzed the results of the test executed. Reported the bugs to the development team
- Presented the demonstrations to client and attended weekly meetings on project status and walkthrough’s
Environment: Test Director .NET Framework 2.0 ASP.NET, Visual C#, ADO.NET, Windows XP, SQL Server 2005, IIS 6.0