- Over 8+ years of IT experience in the field of Quality Assurance (QA) / Testing.
- Experience in using Win Runner 7.5, Load Runner 7.6,QuickTestPro 8.0 and Test Director 10.0
- In-Depth experience in Functionality, White Box, System, Integration and Regression testing, Black Box testing, and Data Base testing.
- Well versed with Relation Database systems (SQL Server, Oracle 8.X and Ms-Access) including triggers, stored procedures, packages and functions.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and working knowledge of C and C++.
- Extensive experience in testing client-server, web-based and distributed object oriented systems.
- Extensive knowledge of QA methodologies and software engineering paradigms.
- Good communication skills, highly motivated, Team player and excellent problem solving skills.
Client: Confidential, Irving-TX
Project- Small Business Support Portal
Role: QA Tester/Analyst
Confidential is the support portal for Confidential ’s small business customers. The portal has several support flows that help walk the customer through isolating and trouble-shooting several issues related to Phone, Internet and Video. Helped test and ensure that the flows suggested on the website accurately isolate and help fix the problems for the customers. Also gathered several metrics related to portal usage to identify problem areas and suggest possible future release strategies by running several SQL scripts.
- Involved in designing, developing and execution of test plans for various Support Issues .
- Involved in Functional and Regression testing of the application.
- Worked as a Function tester and tested the entire SMB support page as a SMB user to verify the issues with Phone, Internet and TV troubleshooter flows and their articles.
- Reviewed the Detailed Design Document with the development team to understand the various support related issues that the website would help isolate and fix.
- Partly worked as a business analyst as well by gathering usage metrics on the portal to see which support issues are most frequently occurring, which flows were most useful in resolution and which ones needed further refinement.
- Helped identify flows that are inaccurate and needed fine tuning by analyzing metrics.
- Wrote several SQL queries to generate reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Generated reports to verify the call deflections and the self- service of the customers.
- Updated the executives with a daily dashboard of call patterns and self-service rates.
- Used QC for writing test case and defect tracking.
Environment: VXML, SQL Server, UNIX, WebLogic, Java, C++, CORBA
Client: Confidential, Irving-TX
Project-Learning Management System
Role: QA Tester/Analyst
The Software developed and supported by Confidential Inc is used world wide by fortune 100 companies for their manpower development needs. Ernst Young, Cisco, Cannon are some of its largest customers. Confidential Intellinex mainly supports LMS (LearningManagementSystem)and LCMS(Learning Content Management Systems).LMS is a software for delivering, tracking and ,managing training . LMS are Web-based to facilitate anytime, any place, any pace to access learning content and administration. LMS are favored by industries where compliance training is essential. One of the big module in LMS is PMDP (Performance management Development Plan) , where learner will submit his annual plans. PMDP manages learner Competencies , Assessments and Feedback centre.
- Involved in analyzing System specifications , design, development and execution of test plans and test Cases for manual testing.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement document with the Business analyst and development teams to understand the architecture and functionality of the application.
- Created test scripts for all online leasing testing and classified sections for manual testing .
- Involved in Functional and Regression testing .
- Wrote SQL Queries to access the data from the database tables to crosscheck the results.
- Executed web tests across various platforms and browsers including NT, Windows 95, Windows 98, IE 5.0 and Netscape 4.6.
- Worked in multiple aspects of LMS like – like creating, publishing and testing the validity of contents and training materials, administrating the role permissions, branding, entitlement, and system configuration across multiple clients.
- Worked with Feedback centre to provide the feed back for associating competencies.
- Worked with the animation tool WINK to create the documents for submitting defects.
- Used Rational Clear Quest as the defect management tool.
Environment: .Net2.0, ASMX Web service, XML Serialization, SQL 2005, MS Visio, Classic ASP.
Client: Confidential, Dallas-TX
Project – Confidential
Role: QA Tester
Integral part of Confidential -International Quality Assurance team involved in functional and regression testing of Confidential international web application with specific concentration in German version of the application. Quality Assurance scope included testing of the entire web application including Login screens, Profile creation and submission, Validation /Approval of profile using the Admin tool, Search capability and Saved Search Criteria, Account Settings including p references pertaining to Auto sign-in, e-mail block option, Confidential by mail and subscription changes. Regression testing of the application was also a major part of QA Scope.
- Reviewed Test Cases & Test Scripts for functional testing.
- Wrote SQL Queries to verify that user p references are updated correctly in Data base Tables.
- Created test scripts using Quick Test Pro and executed them with Test Director.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing of the web application.
- Played a major role in reviewing and discussing test plans with other team associates.
- Extensively worked on testing the application response for Positive and Negative scenarios.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed and analyzed using Test Director and Quick Test Pro respectively.
- Tested the application for OS compatibility, Browser compatibility.
Environment: Quick Test Pro 8.2, Test Director, .Net, SQL, MS Windows, UNIX.
Client: Confidential, Irving, TX
Project: Voice Portal
Role: QA Tester
Voice Portal application acts as a virtual agent that provides, intelligent self-service to Confidential customers over the phone through touch-tone signals (DTMF) and voice recognition platform. The automation services range from billing inquiry, account lookup, pending orders, status inquiry, repair handling to rescheduling or modifying existing service orders.
- Understand functional specification / business requirements and design test cases accordingly using Test Director.
- Verify the accuracy of voice portal by viewing the tickets created by the voice portal in the desktop client.
- Perform Functional, Integration, Database and Regression testing.
- Assign application bugs / issues found in QA testing to the development team.
- Actively involved in the meeting with UAT (business) and development groups.
Environment: Test Director 7.6, Load Runner 7.6, VXML, SQL, Oracle 8.1, UNIX, WebLogic, Java, C++, CORBA, Clearcase, IVR