- Over 7 years of experience as an IT Professional with Testing, Maintenance (Enhancements and Change Requests) in the manufacturing, Healthcare, E-commerce and Life science domain.
- Competent & highly talented Software Test Engineer in Software Testing.
- Experience in writing test plans, defining test scenarios and test cases, developing and maintaining test scripts based on business and functional requirements. Testing skills include performing system, functional, regression and integration testing as well as development, execution, and maintenance of test plans, test specifications and test scenarios. Primary contact person for monitoring and system availability.
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Test Methodologies from project definition to post-deployment documentations
- Proficient in writing SQL queries and correlated sub-queries using joins.
- Participated in all aspects of SDLC testing including Functional, System Integration Testing (SIT),
- Regression, End-to-End, Stress testing and Database (Back end) testing using SQL and TOAD Editors.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of QA workflow solutions using HP ALM.
- Expertise in analysis of problem, performing root cause analysis, documenting defects, tracking and reporting using Defect Tracking and Test management tools such as IBM Rational Clear Quest and HP Quality Center.
- Worked closely with different internal groups - development, customer support and product management
- Excellent understanding of documentation in testing environment.
- Excellent debugging skills with good experience in functional testing
- Strong technical background and excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently to meet operational deadlines in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Very Good knowledge of Software Development life Cycle (SDLC).
- Expert in Black box testing.
- Smoke testing on critical or basic feature of an application.
- Functional testing on each and every component of an application.
- Integration testing based on business transaction scenarios.
- System testing whether end feature is working or not.
- Ad-hoc Testing and Performance Testing.
Business Process Tools: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Outlook, MS Access
Manual Testing: GUI, Functional, System, Integration, Regression testing
Testing Tools: Test Director, @Task, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla,
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Professional, UNIX, Mainframe
Database: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, MS- Access, Oracle
Confidential is a corporation based in the United States that provides clinical laboratory services, it runs operations in United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, Puerto Rico and a laboratory in India and also has collaborative agreements internationally with various hospitals and clinics. It is a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500, with corporate headquarters located in Madison, New Jersey.
This project basically aims at Quest Billing System (QBS) handling the patient, Client and Third Party Billing.
- Testing software to identify and resolve problems from an end users perspective.
- In charge of testing developed software against specified requirements.
- Accurately monitoring and recording results in test documentation.
- Preparing detailed test plans, acceptance criteria and test scenarios for each project using test director.
- Liaising with developers and programmers to swiftly resolve faults.
- Analyzing, writing reports & communicating results to colleagues & managers.
- Responsible for defect tracking from ALM and reporting the defects and also worked closely with theDevelopment team to ensure high quality.
- Monitoring the testing process and identifying and logging test failures using test director.
- Performing peer reviews and estimates.
- Performed Back end testing by writing SQL Statements like join, inner joins and outer joins and self joins.
- Testing full product suite's, identifying and logging the defects and getting them resolved.
- Performed negative and Positive Testing to check the functionality of the application.
- Coordinated the entire process of UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
Environment: Manual testing, Query Analyzer, ,HP ALM, Test Director, Java, J2EE, SQL, Oracle, Microsoft Office, Windows, XML, SOAP UI, HTML, VB script, SharePoint, TOAD.
Validate the ongoing development of the color tools and several features and enhancements that are included in the .com site upgrade and the retailer site. Major test effort towards newly developed color tools, e-commerce implementation, mobile site and testing features on the mobile devices.
- Created Test Cases and mapped them to requirements.
- Executing test scripts and logged defects in defect tracking tool and tracked them through out its lifecycle.
- Performed Functional Testing, integration testing, smoke testing, regression and validated data flow.
- Performed cross browser testing across various browser versions.
- Developed test cases, executed and log defects for the inventory control system using Commerce Manager.
- Validated various scenarios involving online and store sales (POS) against the inventory system
- Made updated to the change requests and follow through with the changes.
- Participated in resource planning to execute tasks.
- Assist in development of productivity tools, tracking tools, change request templates.
- Written SQL Queries and executed them using TOAD and SQL Editor.
- Participating in fine tuning the QA requests to ensure adequate information is provided for testing.
Environment: Commerce Manager, MS-Office, TOAD, SQL, PL/SQL, Rational Clear Quest, Windows, HTML, Java, Servlets, JDBC, JSP, EJB, Java Script, MS Office, SQL Server, SharePoint.
Confidential was founded in 1927 and is headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, where it is part of the medical devices business cluster. Confidential designs, develops, manufactures and markets orthopedic reconstructive, spinal and trauma devices, dental implants, and related orthopedic surgical products. Confidential has operations in more than 25 countries around the world and sells products in more than 100 countries. Work Effort includes a comprehensive global Quality Management solution which enables efficient compliant and timely execution of quality and regulatory process to reduce product defects and eliminate non-conformance. Also, improving our metrics and sharing process will allow the business to be more agile and responsive to deviations from object more rapidly identify compliance issues, and allow quicker response to regulatory agencies; it will also enable better sharing of best practice across Confidential .
- Coordinated with the Business analyst to finalize the requirements
- Designed and implemented the test plans in Quality Center and written the test cases based on the Functional specs
- Used Quality Center for logging the bugs
- Coordinated with the development team to address the QA issues
- Database queries have been used to verify the data
- Coordinated and supported Business analyst for UAT
- Responsible for conducting regression testing and took Lead in the same.
- Tested database contents Using SQL Queries.
Environment: SQL Profiler, Manual testing, Quality Center, ASP.Net, VB.Net, SQL Server, HTML, XML, MS Office, SharePoint