- Over 5 years of experience in Testing Web and Client/Server applications.
- Well versed in Quality Assurance at all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing & Maintenance methods using Waterfall model and AGILE SCRUM methodology.
- Experienced in working with MS SQL Server, DB2, Oracle and other relational databases.
- Experienced in gathering user requirements, formulating Test Plans and Writing Test Cases based on Requirements and Use Cases.
- Excellent skills in documenting Test Plans, Test Cases, Traceability Matrix and Test Scripts.
- Experienced in Functional Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Testing, Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Smoke Testing, and Performance Testing, Load and Stress Testing, Security Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Experienced in tools like Automation Tools Quick Test Professional (QTP), Load Runner, Quality Center and JIRA.
- Proficient in developing, enhancing, maintaining, and executing functional automation test scripts in QTP using VBScript.
Skills & Tools
Test Management Tools: Test Director, Quality Center
Testing Tools, Quality Center, JIRA, WinRunner, Load Runner 8.0, QTP and JUNIT
Web Server, BEA Weblogic 6.0, Web Sphere
Web Technology, HTML/DHTML, XML, ODBC, Servlets JSP
Database, ORACLE 7.X/8.X/9.X, MS Access and SQL Server
Language, C, C++, JAVA, SQL and PL/SQL
ERP Package, SAP ECC and WMS
O.S., UNIX, Windows 95/98/2K/NT/XP/Vista & MS DOS
Others, MS Office and IntelliJ IDEA 3.0.2
Client: Confidential, Sandy Springs, GA
Role: QA Tester
Project Name: POS and Digital Signage/Media
Description: The point of sale (POS) system allows the business user to provide services to the customer and communicate to back/home office, concessions and inventory of the business in theater system. The point of sale has variety of products like mobile, kiosk, restaurant/bar, and online sites. Combined all together POS is a robust product to control the theaters end-to-end business.
- Tested various builds and produced a RTM granting release.
- Completed smoke, functionality, regression and system testing.
- Analyzed and enhanced requirements to fit business needs.
- Carried out manual and automation testing in Hp ALM.
- Reported and assigned bugs to developers and followed through resolutions.
- Adequate understanding of the end to end system.
- Improved understanding of the system with-in the team.
- Deployed the builds in the QA environment and set up system configurations.
- Wrote database queries to verify the systems communication to DB server.
- Maintained the documentation for software testing life cycle.
- Tested variety of devices including mobile, kiosk, stealth pos and back end systems.
- Verified logs and reports in back office server to trouble shoot issues.
- Manual testing for Content Management Systems web interface.
Environment: Java, Struts, Toad, HP UFT, Quality Center, HTML, Linux, postgres, VM Lab manager, Jira, POS systems.
Client: Confidential, Columbus, OH
Role: Test Analyst
Project Name: CCH
Description: The ability of the claims front line to deliver On Your Side customer service is highly dependent on efficient work flows and simple-to-use tools that support them. This project targets elimination of the need to "Toggle" between claims applications and bringing consistency to work flows across product lines which will provide a greater service opportunity through improved Operational Simplicity.
- Was involved in the reviewing requirements, analyzing the requirements
- Worked in an agile environment and performed Functional, Regression, System, and UAT to test the application.
- Was involved in creating the Test Plan documentation from the Business Requirement Document.
- Developed Test Plan and Usage models based on the inputs from product management team
- Created and executed test cases in QC to verify software functionality and adherence to business requirements.
- Created and managed defects in QC.
- Utilized SQL queries to conduct backend testing against an Oracle database.
Environment: Java, Struts, Web Sphere. Oracle, Toad, J2EE, JSP, Quality Center, HTML, and UNIX
Client: Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Role: Test Analyst
Project Name: SNS
Description: Confidential is a large repository of pharmaceuticals, vaccines, medical supplies and equipment. This project provides the users with information on available vaccines, pharmaceuticals and supplies etc. It also provides ability to order new supplies.
- Developed a road map by understanding the Business requirements, User Requirements and Functional specifications for Test execution.
- Involved in Test Design, developed Test Cases and Test Scripts with reference to the requirements
- Involved in writing test scenarios and test scripts for Manual and Automated testing
- Performed GUI, Functionality, Integration, Regression, Limit, Positive and Negative testing manually.
- Reporting the defects and providing test metrics to the upper management
- Performed Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data
- Performed Extensive Manual Testing
- Participated in team meetings, weekly status meetings, worked with development team to ensure testing issues were resolved.
- Involved in Customer Technical Support Group to address application users day to day issues and problems
- Reported defects and helped the developers to resolve the technical issues
Environment: Windows, Net, Oracle, Toad, J2EE, JSP, JIRA, QTP, HTML and UNIX
Client: Confidential, Atlanta
Role: Business Analyst
Project Name: LEX
Description: Confidential is job match service for unemployment claims users by matching their work history/military and veteran/job preference with the job openings from DOL Oracle database. It is a business process re-engineering project with seamless conversion of Mainframe systems to J2EE/Web Sphere of the Department Of Labor portal.
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis and design sessions.
- Developed test cases and test plans.
- Created client/server, GUI and IMAP Vuser scripts.
- Recorded and executed automated tests with multiple virtual users.
- Created bug reports and coordinated with development team.
- Tested application in multiple platforms and different versions.
- Performed manual tests as end-to-end, white box, black box, negative testing.
- Performed regression testing of the automation and manual tests.
- Produced load/manual test reports with detailed analysis.
- Monitored application system behavior as part of performance testing.
- Developed shell scripts and XML scripts.
- System behavior was monitored through UNIX logs.
- Backend tests were performed in UNIX to validate activity of virtual users.
- Managed code build and deployment in Web Sphere.
- Load, stress and error recovery tests were completed.
Environment: Java, Struts, Web Sphere. Oracle, Toad, J2EE, JSP, Load Runner, Quality Center, HTML, Java Script, JUNIT and UNIX
Client: Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Role: Business Analyst/ QA tester
Project Name: eSV
Description: The electronic Service Validation system combines the meal orders of Airline Caterers with the information contained in the pricing database (generated by the Service Pricing System) and applicable taxes to create an electronic service invoice between the airline and its service provider. eSV is also integrated with the airline to pull actual flight information on departure time and final passenger counts to verify correct invoicing and service provider payment.
- Familiarize the team with Business requirements, design standards, testing techniques and tools.
- Formulated requirements specifications into Test plan strategy.
- Implemented Structural System Testing Techniques like Execution, Recovery, Operations, Compliance, and Security types.
- Used struts test cases to simulate server side classes.
- Performed Fault based Error Handling Testing throughout the SDLC.
- Developed Test Data to perform Positive, Negative, Load, Stress and Scalability testing.
- Identified high quality bugs and reported using Quality Center.
- Tested Database by executing SQL queries
- Tested Cookies Maintenance
- Performed Integration, Functional and Regression testing on QTP.
- Performed Load, Stress, and Scalability testing using LoadRunner.
- Analyzed test results and identified Performance issues of software and hardware Compatibility.
- Involved in User Acceptance and Production Support testing.
Environment: QTP, Java, Struts, WebLogic, Oracle, Toad, J2EE, JSP,, Quality Center, HTML, Java Script, IntelliJ IDEA 3.0.2 and Accurev 3.1.4