- Around 6 years of experience in Information Technology mainly emphasis in Quality Assurance of client/server and web-based applications on Windows.
- Experience in using Tools like HP Quality Center (QC), Quick Test Pro(QTP LoadRunner, NeoLoad Experience with SOAP or REST web service and testing of the same using Soap UI, JMeter tools.
- Strong emphasis in testing e-Business/B2B/Web applications/Client-Server, Portal, products/projects for the vertical business domain areas such as Finance, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical
- Strong understanding of relational databases(RDBMS) and ability to query data from database tables using joins and mildly complex logic
- Expertise with backend testing (Relational Database) and validated database, comparing the Data. Extensively used the TOAD for Oracle/SQL Server for writing SQL statements.
- Experience in setting up the test environment, installations and configuration.
- Expertise in Manual and Automated testing of various Web based applications.
- Expertise in developing test documents like Test Plans, Creating and Executing Test Cases & Test Scripts
- Strong expertise in establishing QA policies, procedures, strategies and developing appropriate process to ensure the quality of product.
- Experienced in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements.
- Knowledge of Defect/Bug tracking system with the use of tools like HP QC, and Bugzilla
- Experience in importing/ exporting the Scripts /data into QC by using MS Word and Excel Add-ins.
- Vast experience in different testing methods such as Functional, System, Regression, Integration, Performance, Security, Positive, Negative, End to End, UAT.
- Worked closely with Developers, Business Analyst and Project manager to test and document new product and new product enhancements.
- Excellent Analytical, Decision-Making and Organizational Skills to trouble shoot the problems.
- Excellent in co-ordination and communication with different type of team.
- Committed Team Player with an ability to handle/organize multiple projects simultaneously.
Operating System: Windows 2000/XP/NT, MOS-DOS, UNIX, MAC OS
RDBMS/Database: SQL Server, My SQL, DB2, MS-Access, Oracle9i, MySQL, SQL Server
Web Designing: MS FrontPage, Dream weaver
Web Services Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML
Scripting Languages: Java Script, VB Script.
Testing Tools: Test Link, Quality Center (10.0, 9.0, 9.2), Bugzilla 2.1, TRAC, QTP, SoapUI, LoadRunner, NeoLoad, Jmeter
Methodologies: Water Fall, Agile (Scrum)
Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS Visio.
Bug Reporting: Quality Center, Bugzilla, JIRA
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Analyzed the System Design Document, Software Specification Document (SRS) and prepared System Test Plan by dividing the application into manageable units.
- Execution of test scenarios, analyzing the actual results against the expected results and creation of test data.
- Documented the requirements in the Requirements Module of the Quality Center.
- Involved in creating master test plan which enabled the introduction of various test strategies, QA team’s role, defect tracking system, deliverables etc.
- Analyzing software problems, providing clear and concise defect reports, and measuring risk of defects and reports to the project team.
- Communicating with different development team to assure defect are addressed and validated after the fixes.
- Experienced in business and technical functionality of applications supported by work stream.
- Providing technical guidance/support to key customer groups who are users of the applications.
- Responsible to assist other tester to create user case and other testing document and able to test all the codes.
- Test Web services and XML with tool ‘SOAP UI’.
- Validated WSDL mapping and HL7 segments.
- Performing database and application functional testing.
- Performing integration testing and IBM Mainframe Transaction testing.
- Experienced in working with Initiate Inspector, Enterprise Viewer, and Web Report.
- Experienced working with all subject area/entity such as Consumer/Customer, Provider, Practitioner.
- Performed interface end-to-end testing.
- Experienced in HL7 healthcare transactions such as (ADD-A28, MERGE- A30, UPDATE- A31, Z segments such as ZUM, ZIC, ZPV, ZIS, etc.).
- Experienced verifying HL7 messages using tools such as HL7 Diff, MS SQL-SQL developer & NeoBrowse
- Interface Regression testing with different team such as Epic, ECIN, Data Warehouse, AnPath(Progeny), HomeCare, HomeInfusion/ASCEND, LIS, Medquist, Mosaiq, OLT, Optic, PACS, PAML, PICIS, RIS, WEB team.
- Provided testing status to Project core team.
Environment: Quality Center 10, QTP 10, Cobol, SOAP UI, XML, MS Office, Windows XP, IE, Firefox, Mozilla,Windows XP/Vista, MAC, MS Visio.
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
- Performed Functional, GUI testing and Involved in Regression testing on each build during the various phases of the application.
- Application Development and Testing followed Agile methodology with 4 weeks Sprint Cycle.
- Responsible for conducting Weekly Automation Status meetings, Monthly check Points, Defect Triage Meetings and representing QA in Weekly Project Status meetings, Bi-weekly Portfolio Meetings.
- Created the detailed test plan and test cases from the User Stories that are selected for implementing in the Current Sprint.
- Conducted and participated in meetings with business analyst as part of Daily Stands ups for requirements clarifications and with Development team for Issues/Defect Discussions. Identified Re-usable/Repeatable manual test cases for creating Regression Test Suite.
- Managed Requirements, Test plan, Test cases and Test automation scripts using HP Quality Center to facilitate Traceability.
- Developed and executed Test scripts Using QTP10.0.
- Developed automated test scripts using VB Scripts to perform Functional and Regression Testing.
- Created Data Driven and parameterized automated test scripts using QTP Actions and VB Script functions and worked with Check Points.
- Took the ownership for maintaining the QTP Object Repository.
- Created and executed SQL queries to fetch data from sql developer database to validate and compare expected results with those actually obtained.
- Report and Track defects using Bugzilla.
- Coordinated with the developers for code walkthrough and inspection for statictesting.
- Involved in various Agile meetings and Demos as part of Agile Approach Includes Iteration planning meeting, Daily Scrum Meetings, End of Iteration meeting, Iteration Retrospective meetings and End of Iterations Demo.
Environment: Quick Test Professional11.0, Quality Center10.0, Agile(SCRUM),SQL developer,MSOffice,PL/SQLdeveloper,SQLServer2008,WindowsXP/Vista,Bugzilla2.1
- Involved in writing test scenarios and test cases for manual testing
- Created and executed Functional and System Test cases manually
- Performed GUI, Functionality, Regression Testing
- Identified Test scenarios and performed Functional Testing on Launcher and GDE
- Bug Reporting or Defect tracking using Quality Center
- Understanding SUT, performed Ad-hoc testing before doing the formal testing and documented the defects
- Written and executed the functional and regression tests
- Actively involved in the daily testing status meeting in which the defects identified were discussed
- Performed regression testing, identified software errors and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues
- Provided the management with Test Metrics, reports, timelines and schedules as necessary and participated in the design walkthroughs and meetings
- Analyzed test results from a technical standpoint and isolate defects prior to escalating to the development team for resolution
- Track test coverage and other metrics contribute to the continuous advancement of current QA processes and maintain repeatable processes
- Work closely with the development team to develop automated and manual testing strategies
- Reports significant defects and tracks all defects and project issues
Environment: Windows XP, MS Excel, MS Word, Quality Center, .Net, Manual Testing
Confidential is a full-service commercial bank, providing a broad mix of financial services to businesses and individuals. Among the bank's markets are consumer, small business, middle market, real estate, corporate, correspondent, and trade finance. The project was to create a web based solution which allows customers to deposit checks electronically to their account at the bank using a personal computer and a unique check scanner. This service enables businesses to enjoy the ease and convenience of depositing checks electronically. This application also provides additional features to the already existing online Bill Pay service where users can set up recurring bill payment for regular bills and schedule payments in advance as well as track bill pay history.
- Attended Scrum meeting every day.
- Documented details of test plans, test cases and expected results in Test Director.
- Extensively documented Test Requirements and Test Plan using Test Director to track the stakeholders requested enhancements and changes.
- Created VB scripts, enhancing, and debugging the test case using QTP.
- Created test scripts using Automation tool QTP and checked the functionality of the application for every release.
- Used Synchronization, Call function, Parameterization, Checkpoints, Regular Expressions to enhance test affectivity also created reusable actions.
- Performed Smoke, Functional and Regression testing using QTP.
- Performed manual and automation tests on various modules using positive and negative scenario.
- Manually manipulate data directly from Oracle database using.
- Analyzed the end-to-end functionality by testing the application manually.
- Carried out security tests to check that only valid users could access certain sections of the site.
- Writing and reviewing Manual test cases and customizing Test Director as needed.
- Performed Back End testing of the database by using SQL queries to verify data conversion and data repetition.
- Analyzed test monitoring and take quick test control decisions by the Reports and Graphs using Test Director.
- Grouped Manual test cases in sets and scheduled them for execution using Test Director.
- Monitored test results, tracked defects and communicated them using Test Director.
- Actively participated in bug meetings with QA team and developers to discuss and resolve outstanding defects.
- Environment: Windows XP, QTP 9.0, Test Director 8.0, Bugzilla, UNIX, TOAD, Oracle 9i/10g, MS-Excel.