Seeking a fast paced dynamic environment to align my professional skills in the field of software quality assurance, configuration management and software development with strong work ethic and thereby apply technical and interpersonal skills
- 6 years of extensive hands on experience in diversified field of Quality Assurance Process.
- Extensive experience in developing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Experience in Functional & Regression testing utilizing manual and automated testing skills.
- Extensive knowledge of various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in different methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Worked on both Client/Server and Web based applications.
- Performed Back End Testing by writing various queries for the purpose of database integrity in Oracle and MS SQL Server.
- Expertise on DDL, DML and DQL of SQL commands and other stored procedures in SQL.
- Knowledge in different systems use in billing project (medical billing project and TV channel broadcasting project).
- Extensive experience in testing EDI 834, 270, 271, 835 and 837P and 837I in 4010 and 5010 format.
- Knowledge of HIPAA standards Medicare, Medicaid and COB rules and processing.
- Good knowledge of HIPAA 4010 to 5010 conversions and also ICD9 and ICD10.
- Experience in the all modules of the Quality Center (QC)/ALM, and some modules/features of Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Good understanding in Defect Life Cycle for tracking the defects with Severity & Priority.
SDLC Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, RUP
Testing Tools: Quality Center/ALM, Quick Test Professional (QTP)
Database Tools: SQL * Plus, SQL Server
Operating System: Windows (XP, Vista, Win 7), Unix
Other Application: MS Office Suite, Microsoft office
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
QA Manual Tester
Confidential is a direct broadcast satellite service provider and transmits digital satellite television and audio to households. The project was about, changing previous billing format and introducing new format of bills for the customers called Simplified Billing (SB). As a QA tester my role in the project was creating virtual bills (monthly bills, payment reversal bills, win back bills and updated bills) in different scenario, check the flow of data into different system and to make sure that bills are been producing in all required forms (like paper bill, e-bills and email bills) and download the bills for testing and validation purpose.
- Experience in writing, modifying and executing Test Cases.
- Create various virtual customers’ accounts in different system like OMS, DWS and DotCom, in various scenarios.
- Create different types of virtual bills (like monthly bills, payment reversal bills, win back bills and updated bills) to check accuracy of GUI and backend data
- Create different format of virtual bills like paper bill, e-bills and email bills for functional and non functional validation purpose.
- Modify the previously existing scenario through STMS or RIO-CC.
- Validate customers information and service charge through STMS
- Download final version of bills from DSTO system, for validation purpose.
- Execute test cases in ALM
- Update status of test cases in ALM
- Log and report defects.
- Performed SQL queries to do the backend testing.
- Executed SQL statements to check if the data integrity has been maintained.
- Executed SQL statements to test the integration between application and database
- Performed negative and positive testing using SQL Queries
- Maintained the Test Matrix and Traceability Matrix
Environment: .Net, Windows-XP, ALM
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
This project was based on building a brand new web-based application for Cigna’s limited-benefit health plan. Its main functions were to assist membership enrollment and claims processing for the providers. This application would give perspective members a platform to enroll and manage their profile while on the other hand assist to confirm coverage, file a customer’s claim and check the status of the customer’s claim.
- Developed and documented test plans, test strategies, system testing and UAT testing.
- Carried out positive and negative testing
- Involved in data mapping, integrating& validating in the backend of the application.
- Participated in pre –UAT and UAT testing.
- Performed tests for EDI transactions 834, 270 and 271 in various phases of implementations.
- Analyzed EDI transactions in XML and X-12 responses.
- To track and log defects in Quality Center.
- Used Crosswalk table to map the conversion of 4010 to 5010 for the EDI transactions.
- Used SQL queries for back end testing to validate the information with the database.
- Involved in Facets implementations and end-to-end testing of Facets Billing, Claim Processing and Subscriber/Member module.
- Created RTM to ensure all the requirements in regulation of HIPAA standards were mapped and covered by all the test cases.
- Documented the test results and reported the status of assigned test tasks and issues to project QA Lead.
- Participated in weekly meetings, where test status and defects were discussed, wrote enhancement and modification requests.
- Created and maintained Test matrix and Traceability matrix.
Environment: QC, QTP, Windows 7, SQL, and Oracle UNIX, Clear Quest, Agile
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
Confidential is an implementation partner for Universal American healthcare companies who provides health benefits to people with Medicare. As a QA Analyst I performed, Front end and Back end validation as well as business process rules. I was also responsible for multiple Change Requests. I was involved in testing of various modules like Claims, Membership and Providers with in MMIS (Medicare Medicate Information system).
- Reviewed the Business requirement, Functional Design Documents and Technical Specification documents and create test case and test data.
- Extensively worked with EDI transactions such as 835, 837 following the HIPAA compliance EDI standard format of X12.
- Extensively worked with claim adjudication process.
- Performed Functional and GUI testing on Facets Billing, Customer service and Subscriber application under Facets.
- Involved in the testing of web portal of New MMIS system
- Worked on the ICD 9 to ICD 10 crosswalks and coordinated the development of the crosswalk solution.
- Logged of defects in Quality Center to communicate the bugs with the Developers.
- Performed Backend testing by writing SQL validation queries.
- Responsible for testing of claims adjudication process for the New MMIS system
- Identified the requirements for accommodating HIPAA 5010 standards for 837P transactions and captured these requirements to develop new GUI for the internet based application.
- Involved in testing of HIPPA 835 for the payment of claims and transfer of remittance information
- Created input test files as per the business requirements in Ultra edit and processing them in batch server to load data to respective tables in database and to generate the output
Environment: Facets, Quality Center, TOAD for Oracle, MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel
Client: Confidential – Miami, FL
Position: QA Tester
Worked as Tester with Confidential to bill the wireless customers. Application has been developed with Oracle database and has numbers of modules like CSM (customer service management), A/R (account receivable), G/L (general ledger), Reference table (predefined Standards), Price plan, MPS (message processing system) and Billing
- Analyzed system requirement specifications and developed testing strategy cases to cover overall quality assurance testing
- Tested Amdocs billing software for various customer purchases.
- Involved in writing test cases and developing test scripts for automated testing
- Executed the test cases to verify the expected results
- Performed Data Validation of the data flow from the front-end to the back-end
- Used SQL Plus to perform the Back-end testing on the Oracle database (on Unix)
- Conducted functionality and regression testing during the various phases of the application using QC.
- Used Unix Shell Scripting as needed for backing up data.
- Performed Functionality Testing and GUI Testing of the application.
- Responsible for identifying the functional test cases for Regression Testing.
- Used QC to conduct Data Driven Testing and checked the behavior of GUI objects and windows by putting GUI Checkpoints in QTP.
- Used Test Director to analyze, track and report defects. Worked on uploading all the Test cases to the Test Director for the current and prior releases.
Client: Confidential, Goodlettsville, TN
Position: Quality Analyst
Confidential is a retail business with more than 7,000 stores in 30 states. Stores are served by seven distribution centers. Company decided to change its old POS system to a new one. I was working in this POS system testing various functionalities like Credit Card Processing, Inventory control, Accounting, etc.
- Involved in the creation of test plan, test cases and test procedures requires for manual testing.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Scenario and Test Cases for the testing procedure.
- Maintained Test cases and QA documentation using SharePoint.
- Performed Smoke Testing and Sanity Testing manually.
- Performed Functional, Positive, Negative, Integration Testing manually.
- Used SQL queries to validate the data between the backend and the frontend.
- Performed manual testing to conduct backend testing using UNIX and SQL Queries.
- Verified the application’s functionality on different Configurations with QTP.
- Participated in requirement walkthroughs and creation of test plan.
- Used Quality Center as the defect-tracking tool to enter defects regarding the issues found during testing.
- Inserted Requirements in Quality Center and mapped Requirements with Test Cases.
- Worked closely with QA lead to clarify/understand functionality, resolve issues.
- Attended weekly meeting with team leaders, managers and developers to discuss the issues found during the creation of the test case/scripts.
- Prepare testing documents to communicate about the status and progress of the testing efforts with the management team members.
Environment: Manual Testing, QC, SQL, Oracle/Unix, Windows 2000/XP/07