- Over 7 years of demonstrated experience in developing IT solutions as a Quality Assurance Analyst.
- Experience in understanding Business and functional specifications in formulation of Test Plan and Test Cases
- Experience in gathering business requirements, building detailed test cases executing test scripts and defect tracking.
- Clear understanding of various stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)-Requirements analysis, design, development and documentation.
- Hands on experience in testing oracle procedures, functions and triggers.
- Experienced in testing ETL mappings.
- Thorough in testing strategy and in preparing RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix), test cases and test summary report.
- Experienced in Functional, Smoke, Integration, Regression, GUI, Database and Performance Testing, application testing, system testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Expertise in testing Client -Server, Web based applications, Data Warehouse Applications
- Expertise in writing Test Scripts to validate to/from the application to the backend databases by writing and executing SQL queries
- Expertise in writing automated test scripts to validate form data.
- Extensive experience in all phases of AGILE and Waterfall SDLC
- Expertise in determining the need for type of testing required based on business requirements
- Experienced QA tester with emphasis on applying new technologies and tools.
- Expertise in MS office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access.
- Self-motivated and result-oriented with ardent focus on delivering quality applications
- Excellent ability to document and report new processes, while striving for constant improvements
Testing Tools : QTP/UFT, SoapUI Pro, Selenium
Defect Tracking Tool : Quality Center(QC)/ALM, Microsoft Team Foundation Server(TFS)
Languages : C, C++, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, XML, .NET
Scripting Languages : Shell, Perl, Java Script, and VB Script
Web Servers, IIS
Databases : Oracle, DB2, Sybase
Operating Systems : Windows 95/98/2000/XP/NT, UNIX, Linux
Tools, SQL Developer, MSTR, share point
Confidential, Irving, Texas
Confidential, the industry leading supply contracting company, delivers savings to VHA, UHC and Provista members, by combining scale and expertise with data- driven tools and information.
Project 1: Spend Management
Dashboards were created providing in-depth analysis of the amount spend vs savings incurred by its members based on the orders over a span of time
Project 2: Supplier Diversity
Dashboards provided analysis of savings bracket by various suppliers in the market based on their offered contract terms for Confidential members.
- This position allowed me to work on multiple projects which gave more insight in the leading the team and prioritizing the testing time lines
- Developed automation Frameworks and test utilities using SOAP/UI
- Reviewed the requirements for testability and analyzed the requirements document to write Test Scenarios and Test cases.
- Hands on experience in coding according to STAF(Software testing automation framework)
- Participated in entire testing lifecycle, including test planning, test preparation, test execution and defect management using ALM/QC
- Created dynamic mock services and deployed as war files
- Worked in all phases of SDLC and Agile/Scrum software development methodologies’
- Responsible for daily Scrum meetings to discuss updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues, and update the Sprint Backlog on daily base
- In SCRUM process, tested feature by feature, verified Table structures, Procedures, Packages, Data validation, Frontend testing.
- Performed Backend Testing to ensure the authentic storage/retrieval of the data to/from the database
- Participated in security vulnerability testing using Soap UI
- Experience in validating the data flows between applications by writing Test Scripts in UFT
- Used Quality Centre to track, review, analyze, assign and compare defects. Coordinating with Developers for Defect analysis.
- Expertise in using Microsoft Team Foundation Server for communicating with Development team
- Active participation in Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective Meeting
- Active participation in daily standup meetings with Product Owner, Scrum Master along with other team members to report the daily status.
- Responsible to determine the type of testing required based on user stories and requirements.
Environment: ALM 11.5, Quick Test Professional (UFT 11.5), Windows 7, VB script, Oracle 11g, MS Office 2010, MSTR, IIS, Team foundation Server(TFS), Black Box testing, web services SOAP/UI, agile methodology,
Confidential, Savannah, GA
Confidential designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services business- jet aircrafts.
Project, Web based portal provides gulf stream procurement group to develop a positive business relationship with its suppliers by providing enhanced tools for materials management and commodity management to obtain optimal supply base for competitiveness and stability.
- Analyzed and Performed Gap Analysis based on requirements documents.
- Consumed releases and performed application shakeouts.
- Participated in reliability analysis using DFA tool
- Domain expert in supporting “Hp Mercury Quality Center” functions like unlocking scripts, terminating dead sessions, creating new domains, creating new projects along with workflow setups to application leads.
- Provided expert HP QTP advice along with resolutions to the issues raised by user community.
- Identified root causes, analyzed and provided solutions to critical, medium and low issues in a reasonable timeframe.
- Participated in planning and scheduling of QA resources.
- Knowledge in big data technology stack
- Creating test cases from Release Notes, executing test cases, analyzing and interpreting results and reporting software defects in QC/ALM
- Generated and reviewed test plans by including test scenarios, test cases, testing environments, system configurations and entrance/exit criteria
- Expertise in test execution using descriptive programming.
- Involved in Backend Database testing using SQL scripts.
- Involved in the complete lifecycle of automation, including testing and deployment to improve the efficiencies and reduce the manual errors.
- Supported scheduling of jobs during off-peak hours to have the data available in multiple test environments.
- Monitor the successful completion of the quality initiatives at every step of the Software Development Life Cycle SDLC
- Handled release management meetings every day following the SDLC process to have a smooth release
- Actively learned new process and developed templates for documenting the process, metrics etc.
- Involved in Regression testing, Functional testing, Integration, system and UAT testing
- Responsible for preparing RTM (Requirement Traceability Matrix).
Environment: QTP 11, ALM 11, HP LoadRunner 11.0, Win XP & Win Vista, and C # 2.0, SQL server, VBScript, Citrix, And Clear Quest, Microsoft SQL Server 2008,DB Visualizer, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SQL/PLSQL, TFS.
Confidential, Brentwood, TN
Confidential provides Medicare benefits to the people of united states.
Project: Web based member facing portal to track their plans, claims and tool to generate new quotes based on user preferences.
- Involved in design, development and implementation on a multitude of manual tests for functional, UAT and regression tests.
- Worked on defect tracking by analyzing the root cause.
- Responsible for preparing Test Cases, Test Summary Reports, Testing and Status Reports.
- Proficient in using HP Mercury Quality Center tool for defect tracking and reporting.
- Developed, executed and maintained manual functional tests and results in HP Quality Center.
- Heavily involved in mapping the requirements to the test cases
- Worked on light weight processes to identify memory overheads using python
- Executed automated scripts in HP QTP and stored the results in Quality Center.
- Responsible for analyzing the documents and executing test scripts using QTP
- Analyzed the design requirements for preparing the test scenarios.
- Responsible for writing test cases based on requirements following GTK architecture
- Responsible for executing the test cases, upon successful completion, responsible to promote/migrate the application using Clear Quest.
- Work with the developer very closely to determine issues that require hot-fix.
- Participated in the External User Testing Process and developed methodologies using UFT
- Participated in the Oracle Upgrade processes, testing for evaluating the effectiveness of the upgrade system testing performed for the purpose of finding problems before release. The test activities and procedures represent those deemed effective for determining that the test effort has been successful.
Environment:- Java, J2EE, Quality Center (QC), Quick Test Professional (QTP 10), Windows 7, VB script, SQL server, MS Office 2010, Web Services, Windows Server 2008, IIS, Black Box, JIRA, GUI, GTK, clear Quest
Confidential is one of the largest independent manufacturers of herbal extracts, photo chemicals and natural colors. Most of its products are exported to New Zealand, North America and Singapore etc.,
Project: Web based supply chain management system used to track from farming, extracting and order placement and delivery process.
- Involved in resource management while providing estimation for testing efforts in agile methodology
- Provided defect management through Quality Center, thereby streamlining the process of identifying the defects, documenting the changes and tracking the status updates
- Involved in creating test cases and test planning based on project specification and business requirements using QTP/UFT
- Developed SQL queries to verify the business functionality by comparing various data points using Toad and access to LDAP directories
- Managed report process to include test results, summary and end-of-testing graphs for management review
- Tested the web services using SOAP/ UI
- Partly worked on windows API using windows shell script
- Coordinated daily status updates through defect review meetings for various test execution cycles and communicated results with stake holders
- Performed system, integration, compatibility, configuration, security, GUI, end-to-end and regression tests.
- Participated in implementing sign test exit criteria checklist for production deployment and performed the post production validation before a formal signoff.
- Mentored junior team members on the client specific tools, scrum meatings and on test documentation.
Environment:- QTP- 9.5,Center(QC), Team Foundation Server(TFS), Windows XP, Windows Vista, SQL server, MS Office 2007, Visual Source Safe(VSS), SharePoint, c#, GUI, Toad, LDAP, shell script
Confidential is an online account management service that allows the customer to do account maintenance via the internet. Users of a business group (Commercial or Retail) can perform transactions such as Opening escrow accounts, Schedule Bill Payments, View account transactions, Schedule wire transfer (Domestic and International), Transfer funds between accounts, manage escrow accounts, liquidate accounts and more.
- Identified the test requirements based on application business requirements and blueprints.
- Performed manual testing and maintain documentation on different types of Testing
- Involved in analyzing the applications and development of test cases
- Involved in doing System testing of the entire applications along with team members
- Applications are tested manually and maintained using QC 9.2
- Analyzed and reviewed the software requirements, functional specifications and design documents.
- Proficient in QA processes, test strategies and experience in creating documents like Test plan, Test procedures.
- Developed Test Objectives, test scenarios and test procedures based on the test requirements.
- Participated in Preparing Test Plans.
- Wrote SQL queries and stored procedures to validate data using SQL server 2005
- Documented errors and implemented their resolutions.
- Created test scripts, executed test scripts manually using QC 9.2
Environment:- Bugzilla, Quick Test Professional, QC-9.5 Windows XP, VB script, SQL server 2005, MS Office 2007, SharePoint 2007, HTML, Windows Mobile 6.1, Windows CE 6.