- Software IT professional with over 7+ years of diversified experience in Software Testing and Quality Assurance with various client/server as well as web based applications.
- Proficient in Functional and Non-Functional testing in HealthCare, Financial and Telecom industry. Specific testing experience includes writing, documenting, coding and executing test plans, test cases, test scripts and analyzing test results for both manual and automated testing using various tools including Rational Suite and Mercury Interactive tools.
- Experience in analyzing Business Requirements, use cases and design documents.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in all phases of application/software development lifecycle (SDLC) including Requirements, Analysis and Design, Development and Testing, and software testing life cycle (STLC).
- Expertise in Manual and Automated Testing in different testing methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Waterfall etc.
- Excellent skills in identifying test data including the input data, pre-conditions and expected results for both positive and negative test scenarios
- Maintaining Test data in Excel files and Importing Excel files from Resources module in Quality Center to QTP data table and read the values based on the functional requirement.
- Good experience in QTP – VB Script programming standards, developed reusable functional libraries which are used in different scripts.
- Experience in Automated testing using Selenium including Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, WebDriver 2.0, Selenium GRID, TestNG, Eclipse, and Java.
- Experience in QA & Testing tasks like bug reporting and tracking, unit testing, GUI testing, and integration testing.
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL), Joins, PL/SQL stored procedures & Triggers.
- Tested webservices, XML, WSDL using SOAPUI tool. Modified end points when we worked on different servers and different versions of Web Services.
- Performance Testing of API and Web applications using JMeter.
- Tested WebServices, providing required input data to request XML and validated response XML
- Possess excellent project management skills, time management skills, presentational skills and communication skills.
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7, UNIX/Linux
Testing Tools: HP Quick Test Professional (QTP)/UFT, HP Quality Center, ALM, HP Load Runner, Selenium, IBM Rational Test Manager, JIRA, JMeter, Test Director, Bugzilla
Languages: C, C++,JAVA, SQL, HTML, XML, JAVA Scripts, JSP, VB Script
Databases: Oracle, MS-SQL Server, IBM DB2
Tools: SQL*Plus, Toad, Microsoft Office Suite
APP/Web servers: HTML, XML, Web Logic Server, WebSphere, SoapUI, Web Services
Quick Tax online system is a web based state taxation management solution system developed in Java platform. Quick Tax system allows State Tax Representatives to file tax returns, make payments for the earnings tax, business license tax, utility taxes, and convention & tourism taxes.
- Involved in analyzing system design specifications and developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases to cover overall quality assurance testing.
- Perform both manual and automation testing and created various test results to track the testing results.
- Professional experience in designing Test Cases and Test Scripts for Windows, Java and UNIX environment
- Helped to implement agile development scrum environment
- Performed tests on various features of agile development process.
- Architected and implemented agile QA processes and practices, including defect and test management
- Actively participated in Scrum meetings, reviews and developed Test Scenarios.
- Export requirement, test cases into the Quality Center, run manual and automation test cases from test lab and log defects from defects module.
- Followed up with standard software testing life cycle (STLC) and Waterfall Methodology to perform different types of testing for the projects.
- Participated in peer review meeting for created Test plan, test cases and analyzing various testing documents and process of testing life cycle.
- Create standard testing life cycle flow diagram for projects and presented to test team to follow testing process.
- Participated to create Test Analysis reports (TAR) and stored them into the Quality Center.
- Updated RTM in daily, send status report and daily tracking report to test manager.
- Performed UAT testing in the UAT environment prior to notify to the customer to start performing UAT testing.
- Analyzed the application, performed Black Box testing.
- Performed Functional Testing using Quality Center.
- Developed automation scripts in QTP to automate smoke and regression testing.
- Used Quality center to execute automation scripts in batch mode or unattended mode.
- Enhanced the scripts in QTP by applying checkpoints, parameterizations, synchronization point, data driven tests and creating modular tests.
- Used the SOAPUI tool for the Web services testing.
- Defined the “Test Engagement Process” for new application launch and maintenance releases.
- Developed SQL Queries to retrieve or create test data from different Oracle Test databases.
- Performed database testing by writing queries in Oracle.
- Performed various tests on Enterprise Asset Management Application such as system test, developer test and Quality Assurance tests
- Worked closely with the application development and design and testing team to resolve technical issues and interacted with them to ensure overall quality of the software.
Environment: Agile, J2EE, HTML, XML, UNIX, SQL Server /Oracle, Windows XP, TOAD, SOAPUI, JIRA, MS Office, HP Interactive Tools (Quality Center, Quick Test Pro)
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Confidential Inc. provides Medicare and Medicaid plans. The application provides features like search doctor, search for drug, provider information, plan comparison, enrolments etc.Responsibilities:
- Tested the soap based web services using soapUI.
- Worked with deployment team to create nightly automation regression execution builds.
- Trained and helped other testers on selenium tools.
- Ensured that daily automated regression testing is running and completing successfully.
- Worked closely with the developers within the SCRUM team.
- Configured Selenium RC and Selenium GRID on CART machines.
- Created functional automation scripts for the report generation module using tools Selenium RC/Grid and TestNG.
- Created performance test scripts using LoadRunner to monitor response time and performance of the Data Load system.
- Used Maven, SVN, Selenium RC, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Developed function library to reduce redundant scripting.
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Used Excel to create data driven scripts.
- Involved in setting up the Testing lab for the Automation system.
- Written shell scripts to execute test scripts on batch process.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Eclipse, soapUI, Maven, Rally, TestNG, JMeter, Scrum methodology, LoadRunner, Quality Center, SQL, XML, Java, UNIX Shell Scripting.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
The project involved building a web based application Local Market Tool for ordering AT&T U-verse products (Home Phone, TV and Internet) for internal client use. The project's goal was to lower costs and rapidly integrates a range of product offerings to respond to customer needs.Responsibilities:
- Working with a team of IT Department to Breakdown Structure and timeline for the project based on iterative development.
- Interacting with the Systems Analysts, Systems Administrators and Developers on analysis of the Systems Requirement Specification to identify the functional and Regression testing scope.
- Created and executed test cases and test scripts in HP Quality Center and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Involved in Design Review meetings with Business analyst and client team.
- Involved in Integration Testing to check complete flow and interaction of different modules.
- Involved in performing Functional testing, Regression testing, Verification and Validation for web service integration.
- Executed and maintained automation scripts which was developed by development team using QTP. Functional scripts were written using QTP where all the windows, pages, Objects, Methods and Properties were identified. Scripts were custom coded with Parameterization, Programming logic and Data driven types.
- Accesses database using SQL Queries for testing
- Logged and maintain Defects using HP Quality Center/ALM
- Participated in defect management meetings and coordinated the test activities with the project team.
- Prepared daily/weekly status report and test summary report.
Environment: HP Quality Center/ALM, QTP, SQL, MS Office, Windows NT/XP, Firefox, Android, Apple IOS
Confidential, Chester, PA
Confidential is the largest cable operator in the United States, providing cable television, broadband Internet, and telephone service to both residential and commercial customers. I worked on DDP, CSG applications. My role was analyzing / testing the module which involved testing of database and verifying against these standards.Responsibilities:
- Involved in Integration, End to End testing and User Acceptance testing, back-End Testing phases and corresponding process of migration.
- Verified the bugs fixed by developers during each phase of testing such as and Black Box Testing.
- Identified and documented the defects in Quality Center.
- Tested and verified several reports generated by programs for accuracy and data integrity.
- Requirement study from Functional Leads, interacting with Process Owners, and development of flows of application and effectiveness of the proposed solutions.
- Developed automated scripts using QTP to perform functional and regression testing.
- Created and executed data driven test scripts in QTP.
- Worked on both Expert view and Keyword view in QTP.
- Performed Integration Testing and Batch Testing in QTP.
- Inserted Check Points to Check for the broken Links, Text, and standard properties of an object using QTP.
- Created User Defined Functions in QTP.
- Did load testing using Load Runner.
- Performed System Test, Unit Test, Functional Test and Regression Test using QTP.
- Used Rational for testing systems GUI, Functionality, Verifications and Validations.
Environment: Java, Servlets, XML, Frame Work, SQL Server 2008, Oracle, Load Runner, Quality center, QTP, Windows NT/XP, UNIX.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Confidential is a WEB based process automation project of LNS (Local Network Service) Broad Band Division. This project was designed to centralize data and to automate the process of providing Broad Band service to customers using Wireless network connection.Responsibilities:
- Implemented the SDLC for the development life cycle and followed the standards process in the application.
- Analyzed the requirements and created the test plans and test cases.
- LoadRunner was used to generate Vuser script to simulate multiple client interactions and emulate the behavior of hundreds of real users between the browser and the web server.
- Customize Parameterization in DATA file using via LoadRunner to test the application with different sets of data.
- Inserted rendezvous points to create intense load on the server and thereby to measure server performance.
- Used various techniques like Ramp up, Ramp down, Transaction Point in Load Runner.
- Performed sanity and smoke testing on the application.
- Performed security testing manually to check whether the user gets required access privileges.
- WinRunner was used to perform functional testing process by capturing a business process into a script against the browser simulators.
- Data driven testing was used to play back tests against new versions of the application.
- Participated in meetings with other developers and testers on a regular basis to overcome the communication gap.
- Performed unit, integration, functional testing manually.
- Data- integrity testing and back-end testing was performed manually by creating and executing SQL statements.
- Conducted performance testing on the application using LoadRunner.
- Conducted Regression testing on different versions of the application.
- Used Test Director to report and track defects.
Environment: Java, J2EE, JUnit, LoadRunner, Test Director, WinRunner, Oracle8i, SOA, Web Logic, Windows2000/NT, UNIX