- Senior QA Engineer with 5 years of experience in web based software application and data migration testing across multiple domains (Energy, Utility & Services and Publishing).
- In-depth knowledge in using Quality Center, Jira, Bugzilla and Webstar tools.
- Ability to write test scripts and performed test execution using tool automation QTP (Quick Test Professional).
- Responsible for requirement elicitation, documentation, validation and change management activities.
- Expertise in creating test plans, test scenarios and test cases as per business requirements.
- Proficient in test result reporting and defect management.
- Sound understanding of all stages of both software development and software test life cycle.
- Excellent track record on meeting deadlines and submitting deliverables on time.
- Problem solving skills with a strong technical background.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7
Languages: VB script, Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft .NET Framework(C#),C,C++,Python
Testing tools: Quality center, Jira, Bugzilla, Webstar and QTP
Browsers: IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
Testing performed: UI testing, Functional testing and Regression testing
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Role: Senior Test Engineer
Testing Tools, Quality Center, QTP, Jira, Bugzilla
Location, New York
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Gathered requirements.
- Coordinated with the onsite Business Analyst to formalize and freeze requirements.
- Created requirement traceability matrix for the purpose of uniquely identifying all requirements and tracking them till closure.
- Test case design - Framed effective test cases to cover all possible scenarios in the application.
- Test Execution - Performed functional testing in the application to cover all functionalities.
- Generated test cases, test execution and test report using Quality Center tool.
- Created test scripts and performed test execution using tool QTP (Quick Test Professional).
- Tracked and managed defects using Jira and Bugzilla tools.
- Performed testing logs verification.
- Performed cross browser testing on browsers IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.
- Maintained various project management documents which include project goals, project plans, action logs, risk logs and minutes of meeting.
- Assumed roles of an lead and has been a key resource in mentoring QA team.
- Assisted business users during User Acceptance Testing as required.
- Reviewed test design documents.
- Ensured traceability of test cases to requirements to cover boundary test cases.
- Worked with subordinate Business Analyst to ensure all requirements are tested.
- Provided bi-weekly status reports to module leads and QA lead.
- Worked with testing coordinator to ensure testing of functional areas are completed, tracked and remain on-schedule.
- Provided training and assistance to testers to make sure standard test practice and defect reporting processes are being followed.
- Verified the quality of the requirements, including testability, requirement definition, test design and test-data.
Project : Confidential
Client : Confidential
Role : Test Engineer
Testing Tools: Quality Center, Webstar
Location : Florida
Roles and Responsibilities
- Gathered and analysed the requirements.
- Created test plan and test cases for system testing.
- Performed test execution on test cases framed.
- Performed data migration testing using PL/SQL queries.
- Performed AdHoc testing apart from the scenarios covered in the test cases.
- Analyzed defect data and test results.
- Effective usage of Quality Center tool for maintenance of test cases, test results and test report.
- Tracked and managed defect using Webstar tool.
- Prepared application knowledge document for the better understanding of the application for the newly joined team members.
- Created weekly status report to include test metrics.
- Maintained testing environments.
- Verified test data used in manual test scripts.
- Validated use cases scenarios.