- 7.6 years of experience as a Test Lead, proficient in testing the web based and client server applications using manual, mainframes testing Experienced in manual testing on both Client/Server and Web applications.
- Hands on experience using Iterative Development and Agile methodologies.
- Experience in test management tools like Quality center, Clear quest, Test Director and IBM tools such as Rational Management tool, Rational Requirements Composer, Clear Quest and Rational Quality Manager Client /Server, Web, Database and GUI based applications.
- Experienced in analyzing Business Requirements and Specifications and converting them to Test plan and Test strategy.
- Worked with Development and Business analyst to define test scenarios and ensure that the requirements are correct and complete.
- Good knowledge and Work experience in the UNIX environment.
- Good knowledge and Work experience in web services testing using SOAP-UI.
- Expertise in Functional, Integrated System Testing, GUI, Regression Testing.
- Actively involved in various phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in writing test cases, developing and maintaining test scripts.
- Capable of reviewing software applications and analyzing errors and interact with team members, BA’s and Developers in fixing the errors.
- Experienced in managing large and complex projects, provide support to resolve issues encountered in Production, quality improvement initiatives, defect tracking, RCA, integration testing, support JST, End to End, and UAT testing.
- Experienced in creating Reports like Test Summary report, Defect Reports and Traceability Matrix and Dashboards and Possess strong Documentation Skills.
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to learn, hard working, ability to execute projects successfully and working either individually or in a team.
- Expertise in SOAP UI tool,Appwatch, NASCO-HIPAA-repository,EDIFECS and EDI &HIPAA 5010 Transaction
Testing Tools: Quality Center 11/10.2/9.2/9.0 ,Rational Management Tool (RMT), Rational Clear Quest (CQTM)
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle 10g/11i, MS Access 2005, DB2 8.0/7.0.
Web Languages/Scripts: HTML, Java Script, XML, VB Script.
Operating Systems: Windows NT/95/98/2000/XP, Unix, Linux, Solaris.
Web/Message Services: Soap-UI
CRE projects involves the reviewing the drugs referred by prescriber to members. Prescribers will send drug details to Rx technicians. Technicians will review the drug eligibility of the members based on their plan and they will approve or deny the drugs which are referred by prescriber based criteria sets for the particular drugs. CRE project basically providing Prior Authorization for the drugs. This is an end-to-end application testing project involving requirements analysis, test planning, test case preparation, test execution and support. The system will be developed in multiple releases.
- Involved in the product life-cycle from planning/designing to production release, following the agile development methodology.
- Reviewed Business stories, Design Document and prepared Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Responsible for Comprehensive Test plan & Writing Test cases for both manual and automated tests.
- Controlled and managed daily test activities, schedules through daily Agile Scrum stand-up meetings.
- Analyzed business and functional requirements and wrote Test Cases.
- Involved in preparing Traceability Matrix between requirement and Test Cases.
- Used Test Lab Manager and Test Plan Manager of Quality Center to create and manage Test Cases.
- Coordinated the Onsite and Offshore teams to resolve issues.
- Executed test cases; performed complex manual, functional, end to end, and regression testing.
- Prepared test matrix, and planning the tests to execute on various combinations.
- Administered defect tracking and defect reporting using QC.
- Verified resolved defects, Change Requests and maintained accurate status for Defects and Change Requests entered in each project.
- Developed SQL Queries to perform database testing using SQL.
- Participated in daily scrum to triage the defect tracking process.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT), once product was ready to release.
- Participated in weekly status meetings, and conducted walkthroughs with team members.
- Worked closely with Development team to explain new issues and tested the bug fixes.
- Providing support to technical support and help desk to analyze data and to verify the help desk tickets opened on the request of customers.
Environment: Windows XP, Quality Center 10.0, QTP 9.2, Jira, SQL, Oracle 9i, HTML, Java, J2EE, XML, Unix, MS Office 2007.
Confidential, MINNESOTA, MN
Claim Migration project involves testing of Claim migration to NASCO from current Confidential MN STAR system. As part of Claim migration, claims and related information will be migrated from the current Confidential MN Claim system, STAR, to a new external Claim system, NASCO for Commercial business. The migrations will happen in multiple phases or "waves". Eventually, STAR will be retired after everything is migrated to NASCO for Commercial business. NASCO will become the new Confidential MN Claim system for Commercial business. This is an end-to-end application testing project involving requirements analysis, test planning, test case preparation, test execution and support. The system will be developed in multiple releases.
- Involving in complete project/product life cycle (SDLC) from analysis to implementation.
- Involving in writing the test cases and execution based on the documents such as BRD provided by business users.
- Attending meetings to give daily testing status, defects and discuss about the roadblocks if any.
- Involving in Unit testing review, system testing, regression testing and UAT testing.
- Writing test scenarios and test scripts based on Requirements and Design Documents (such as FSD) in QC to perform system testing.
- Involving in client meetings, collected System specifications and requirements and participating in walkthroughs/reviews.
- Categorized bugs, defects based on severity and Priority and interacted with developers as well as management team to help resolve the defects.
- Documented all the development work submitted to the client in a report format.
Environment: Quality Center 11, Windows xp, MS Excel2007, MS Word 2007, Toad 9.
Confidential MINNESOTA, MN
EDI X12 (Electronic Data Interchange) is data format based on ASC X12 Standards. It is used to exchange specific data between two or more trading Partners. In this upgrading process NASCO, FACETS, CARE and FLEXX systems are involved. For locally generated transactions, Confidential MN will route the transactions to NASCO who will then return an eligibility and claim Status response back to Confidential MN. Confidential MN may then add some MN specific
Data and then route the transaction to the provider.
EDI Transactions in HealthCare:
Health Care Claim Transaction set (837), Health Care Claim Payment/Advice Transaction Set (835), Benefit Enrollment & Maintenance (834), Health Care Eligibility/Benefit Inquiry (270), Health Care Eligibility/Benefit Response (271) Health Care Claim Status Request (276), Health Care Claim Status Notification (277)
- Worked closely with Business Analysts and Developers to gather Application Requirements and Business Processes in order to formulate the test plan.
- Developed and maintained innovative, repeatable QA test plans based on Functional requirements, use cases, user interface designs and system design documents.
- Involved in EDI 27X-X12 test data preparation
- Involved in Test plan, Project plan, SOW and Estimations.
- Prepared test scenario’s and test cases based on requirements.
- Task Allocation and monitoring the progress.
- Executed the Test Cases and analyzed the results. Updating the Test Results in CQTM.
- Bug reporting using CQTM.
- Analyzed the requirements for Manual Testing Instructions.
- Reproduce reported defects and analyze the root cause to assist developers in focused defect correction
- Performed Regression Testing after the defects in different modules are fixed.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements, identify all test conditions and test data needs.
- Participated in the weekly status report update with the Manager.
Environment and tools: Windows XP, CQTM, Edifecs, Appwatch, Nasco.
The functionality of the Embrace application wholly depends on the rules which are defined in the requirement documents. We have tested these rules by giving the input through user interface and checking the output through user interface. Triggering of each rule involves the transfer of input from UI to database to message broker to Rules engine (Web service) and vice versa. We have tested each layer when debugging any rule by taking the request and response in XML format and analyzing using soap UI.
- Preparation of functional test cases in project management tool Quality Center.
- Preparing sql queries and run on data.
- Execute test cases and report defects through QC.
- Taking the request and response in message broker and analyzing them with soap UI.
- Analysis of the defect and reporting it to the developer.
- Regression testing after each successive release.
- Client interaction for defect meetings.
Environment and Tools used: AQT, SQL Developer, Quality Center, WireShark, SOAP UI.
The Network Inventory & Service Environment (NISE) platform offers Confidential an inventory management system that supports the Provisioning, NCP&D, and Maintenance processes. NISE IS a main application in OSS(Operational Support Systems) in Confidential is used to design and develop a global architecture that accelerates DBOR of Network Inventory clean and migrate to single solution (Network Inventory & Service Environment), attains Concept of One for Network Inventory Management for Core and Local, eliminates network database discords that cause service order processing defects, rework and stranded assets, reduces Running The Business (RTB) costs for legacy and surrounding applications, and provides design and implementation workflow automation to eliminate numerous service-specific surrounding legacy systems.
NISE provides support to design, assign, and provisioning implementation steps for provisioning of the Confidential end-to-end services for STSn/STMs/VCn/ETSn private line, Backbone, and Global Network services, and CISCO MSPs, LUCENT, CIENA IOS, ATM routers such as JUNIPER, CISCO GSR-IOS-XR, GSRs, NEC, and ALCATEL equipment’s. Goal of this application is reduce time to order and establish data and voice lines.
- Understand new system requirements provided by the users.
- Write and review System and Integration test cases for requirements.
- Execute system testing for the requirement.
- Execute Integration testing with the other interfacing applications.
- Raise defects using DRTT(Defect Recording and Tracking Tool) and SCME(Software configuration Management System), CQ (Clear Quest)
- Reproducing the defects encountered in UAT and retesting the same after their fix.
- Responsible for performing Sanity testing and Functional testing as per the requirements.
- Provide UAT support and ensure quality of the system testing is of highest standards as per the process.
- Regression testing for NISE-CORE application.
- Update daily status to the management by updating the System Test tracker.
- Ensure the projects are on track and escalate the issues to the management.
- Make sure all the quality deliverables are provided according to the process followed.
- Have performed the test management role for various projects
- Write and Review Master test plan involving the end to end flow of the complete business requirements.
- Coordinate among team members to meet the task.
Environment and Tools used: CQTM, GUI, UNIX, Oracle.