- Over 5 years of experience in SoftwareTesting with both Manual and Automation.
- Experience in complete project Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Analyzed functional requirement specifications and wrote detailed Test Plans, High level scenarios, Test Cases.
- Strong in Black Box Testing, White Box Testing, Mainframe testing and Database testing.
- Extensive experience in Functional, Integration, Regression, UAT, GUI, System and Performance Testing.
- Used Quality Center Test Director for defects tracking.
- Expertise in running the test and analyzing Test results, Synchronizing the test, Checking GUI and Bitmaps etc with Mercury Quality Center.
- Intermediate knowledge in automated testing environments.
- Manually performed Back-End testing by writing SQL.
- Performed Web testing by using soapUI
- Expertise in documentation using MS tools (Word, Excel, Project and Access).
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact with people at all levels of management.
- Proven ability to work effectively in both independent and team situations with positive results
- Quick learner with an ability to easily grasp new technologies, software and IT architecture.
- Strong Communication, interpersonal, technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
Confidential, Covington, KY
Project Role: Quality Assurance Engineer
- Translate systems requirements into technical test requirements
- Review and analyze client-specific system requirements and scope of services
- Analyze functional and technical system design for testability
- Collaborate with project team resources to understand and prioritize system testing efforts
- Provide input to system test strategies
- Performed Web testing by using soapUI 4.5.1
- Test Fax and B2B Batch files using SOAPUI .
- Define system test scenarios, create system test plans, design and author test cases and participate in the definition and execution of manual and/or automated system test scripts
- In collaboration with the project team, develop and periodically confirm system test schedule
- Execute Systems Integration Test Plan, including the comparison of actual results to expected results
- Document and report on identified system testing issues in Quality Center and participate in or lead defect triage and test status meetings
- Identify defects in multiple environments and throughout all phases of the development life cycle.
- Ensure that development groups address all open defects in a timely manner.
- Assist in analysis of current processes and propose recommendations for process improvements
- Actively participate in project team meetings as required. Communicate project/work status and issues to project team & management
- Responsible for using standard tools and best practices
Environment: HP Quality Center 11, .Net, Oracle 9, Windows XP, SQL,Oracle, PL/SQL, XML, Java, UNIX, Mainframe DB2, SoapUI, RTC, WinSCP, Putty Navigator, ICS, Captiva, Share Point
Substitute teacher in Mason community school district (Sep 2011-2013)
Presented prearranged lesson plans to students; adapted quickly to ever-changing educational environments.
Confidential, Iowa City,IA
Project Role: Quality Analyst
- Develop and implement a strategy for Load & Performance Testing to ensure all relevant Performance Requirements are met.
- Develop and provide estimates for all relevant test activities.
- Develop a detailed Load/Performance Test Plan and ensure its successful implementation.
- Lead a team of 4-6 testers in all aspects of QA Testing, including UAT.
- Coordinate with Developers, BA’s during the Project life cycle.
- Perform problem analysis, system analysis, reviews of Business Requirement Documents and Functional Specification Documents.
- Manage, support and configure Quality Center and escalate the issues to System Engineering teams.
- Resolve and address Test Environment related issues (Network Hardware and Software).
- Effectively partner with all Engineering Services Teams during the course of project.
- Effectively communicate with team members and business users.
Environment: QTP9.2,Test Director/HP Quality Center 10, .Net, Oracle 9i, Windows XP, SQL,PL/SQL, XML, Java, UNIX, Mainframe DB2,Load Runner Etc.,
Confidential, Mumbai, India
Project Role: QA Tester
- Creation of Test Strategy, Detailed Test Plan, Test Scenarios (Trans Matrix) and Test cases.
- Responsible for Manual & Automated Test Execution interfacing with development and business analysis teams.
- Deployment of all software components from the development environments into the various QA Test environments.
- Utilize Mercury Quality Center for test planning, execution and defect tracking.
- Issue reporting and tracking, including management reporting on test progress & metrics
Environment: Mercury Quality Center, HTML, Manual Testing, SQL, Oracle8.
Confidential, Mumbai, India
QA Testing Analyst
Other Responsibilities included:
- Created and executed test cases and accurately recorded status to the business partners.
- Reviewed functional and non-functional requirements for completeness and testability.
- Researched and documented defects identified during the testing process, communicated those defects to the Business Partner.
- Facilitated defect meetings with project team including Business partner.
- Monitored Batch and costs and reported results monthly to Management.
- Responsible for promoting all Mainframe code from the Development environment to the QA environment and then from QA to Production.
Environment: Mercury Quality Center, HTML, XML, MS Word, MS Excel.