- Highly experienced Lead/Senior Quality Assurance Tester/Analyst with over 13 years of experience working on leading - edge technologies and latest software testing methodologies seeks a suitable Managerial, Lead or senior level position in a High-profile company.
- Successfully managed in-house and off-shore software Quality Assurance Testing teams ranging between 2 to 20 resources at a time.
- An innovative person with extensive working experience in high profile Healthcare, eCommerce, Financial and Technological companies of North America including D&B, Confidential (United Heath Group), Confidential, Lehman Brothers, Digitek Systems and Columbia House Company.
- Experienced in establishing and implementing various testing and analytical methodologies & processes, procedures and policies to achieve business objectives.
- Experience in walkthroughs and testing of all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Team player with leadership qualities to coordinate works and lead technical teams for various projects from time to time on a project-to-project basis.
- Ability to deal tactfully with people and exercise good judgment in developing and presenting alternatives.
- Ability to perform well under deadline pressure and curious, inquisitive, and creative out of box thinker.
Technical SkillsLanguages: VB 2005 and C# on .Net Framework, C, C++, SQL, Pascal, TSL, COBOL, FORTRAN, Unix Shell scripting
Databases: MS SQLServer 2000/2005/2008 , MSSQL 7.0, Oracle 7x, 8x, 9.i, 11g, MS Access 2.0/97/2003, SQL Anywhere, UNIX, DB2
Software: MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Visio, OneNote, Project, Lync), SQL Server Management Studio 2000/2005/2008 , Oracle SQL Developer, Visual Studio 2005, DOORS, Clarity, Master Control, Nuance PDF Convertor 7, SnagIt 10
QA Automation Tools: Quick Test Pro 8.2/9.2, WinRunner 6.0, Web Test, Load Runner
Platforms: Web-based, Client Server, Stand Alone, Mainframe, Secure Cloud Portals
Project Management Tools: MS Project 2007/2010, HP ALM 11, HP Quality Center 8.0/9.0/10, Rally, TeamTrack, Test Director 6.0, Lotus Notes 4.6
Web Services Tool: SOAPUI 4.5.1
Service Utilities: WinSCP 5.1.4, Putty, WinZip 16.0, Cisco VPN Client, WebEx, SharePoint
Mainframe Utilities: MVS JCL, MVS TSO, ISPF
Browser: Internet Explorer 4.0/5.0/5.5/6.0/7.0/8.0 , Mozilla Firefox 21.0, Google Chrome, Netscape 4.6/4.7/7.0/7.1
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/2000/ME/XP/Vista/7, UNIX, MS DOS
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Working as a QA Lead responsible for managing a new project for the company called SBFE (Small Business Financial Exchange) along with local and offshore resources ranging from 5 to 10 resources, which included resource estimation and allocation, QA Task analysis and estimations, project meetings, status meetings, providing software documentation including Project Plans, Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, reviewing, updating and approving test procedures and test scripts, providing guidance about the projects, setting up test environments for the test teams, resolving issues faced by the team during the test planning and execution stages like access to software, systems and environments, conducting daily, weekly and periodic status and review meetings with the teams on the project activities.
- Successfully managed resources and all QA activities for 2 small to medium duration projects named ‘Financial Statements Upgrade’ and ‘FiDex Score Model’. Was responsible to prepare QA estimates, arrange resources, prepare Test Strategy and Test Plan, reviewed and modified test cases prepared by the team, loaded them to ALM, and carried out all relevant activities to complete the testing for the projects.
- Participated in meetings with the project managers and other key project team members as well as the Business partners to understand the complex requirements and technical specifications of the project and conducting the KT sessions with offshore team members on the same.
Confidential, Basking Ridge, NJ
- Worked at Confidential (a UHG division) as QA Lead responsible for leading teams on multiple projects ranging from 2 to 20 resources. The projects were different in nature related to print media, web based applications, stand-alone applications and mobile devices.
- Responsible for reviewing the business requirements, preparing project estimates for QA tasks and resources, creating and reviewing the test strategies and test plans with business partners, creating and reviewing test scripts and test cases.
- Managed teams working on the projects completing the QA tasks. The tasks included performing manual and automated testing of the functionalities. The projects were managed in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM, which is Quality Center’s version 11.0) and Rally Software while QTP was used to automate the regression tests and Performance Center (Load Runner) was utilized for performance testing activities.
- Worked on a huge Health Care Reform project of the company described as below:
- Worked as QA Lead/Project Manager on EOB Transformation project of UnitedHealth Care, which is in compliance of the federal government’s mandate to the health insurance companies (Medicare & Retirement) to send out a consolidated EOB (Explanation of Benefits) document to their members on a monthly basis. My role on the project was to organize and execute all tasks and activities required to perform the End to End and User Acceptance Testing for the project from Business’s perspective by confirming that all the Claims and Materials requirements are satisfied on the consolidated EOB. Responsible to engage teams from various systems impacted by this change and who were required to participate in the UAT/E2E (End to End) testing cycles. Managed daily meetings with the systems and participate in UAT preparation works (creating test plans, test cases, uploading them to ALM, defect logging and remediation, data selection and preparation for testing, manage resources and activities in the project plan, participate in BRD, PRD, IRAAD and Change Control meetings etc.).
- Completed working of leading testing efforts for 2 major initiatives as below:
- A web based application called PIM (Provider Information Management) based on Java framework running on Apache Tomcat server and Oracle as the backend database. The application is hosted on the secure Confidential Cloud portal. The other integral component of the project is a data warehouse/ETL processes involved on the backend of the project for the provider directory database, which is being tested extensively through SQL queries used in Oracle SQL Developer and running backend ETL jobs. The testing also involved web services calls made between the outer system sending requests to the PIM services for data retrieval using SOAPUI. Also performed performance testing for the application using Load Runner. Leading a team ranging from 3 to 12 members during the various phases of the project.
- A web portal project called eCommunications Inbox designed in Java running on Oracle database. This application is a repository project for member EOB’s (Explanation of Benefits) for the Medicare users where the EOB’s are generated into a PDF format for storage and submission to the members through emails. Leading a team of 3 QA Testers on the project. The testing also involved web services calls made between the outer system sending requests to the Inbox Solution for data retrieval. Also performed regression testing using HP QTP tool.
- Extensive testing and verifying the incoming test data files from various 3rd party sources for data validity and accuracy. The data set files came in Excel and XML file formats and ranged from a few MB to 5 GB in size.
- In print media applications, the responsibilities included reviewing the XML files created by the development team created off the data files received from the 3rd part vendors and creating the PDF format kits for the printing purposes. The data complexity and authenticity was the biggest challenge faced in the these projects which was overcome by verifying each data element in detail and making sure that it matched with the input files data and XML files.
- Gathered technical requirements from Business team and users and documented the same with the possible and viable solutions, performed initial Business Analysis on the requirements and provided feedback and alternate solutions, where needed.
- Successfully completed projects in the recent past include ICD-9 to ICD-10 Code Lookup project, MLR (Medical Loss Ratio) project, SBC (Summary of Benefits and Coverage) project, Small Business Renewals project, Life Sciences Risks project, Physician Letters project, Tricare Web Portal project and myUHC enhancements project.
- Using SQL for data verification and querying from SQL server database by creating simple to complex queries. Manipulating data in the QA database to satisfy test scenarios and conditions using SQL queries. The software used for these activities are SQL Server 2008 Management Studio and Oracle SQL Developer.
Confidential, Fairfield, NJ
Lead/Senior QA Analyst
- Worked as Lead/Senior QA Analyst managing an offshore team of 3 to 20 testers and managing 6 major clients of the company.
- Responsible for managing software Quality Assurance Testing teams which includes resource allocation, project meetings, status meetings, providing software documentation including Project Plans, Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, reviewing, updating and approving test procedures and test scripts, providing guidance about the projects, setting up test environments and VMware test images for the test teams, resolving issues faced by the team during the testing and getting daily, weekly and periodic updates from the teams on the project status and progress.
- Major responsibilities included testing the CRM model and Analytics applications designed using C++ and Visual Basic running on MS SQL Server 2000 and 2005 database. The latest CRM version 11 was a web-based application designed on .Net framework leveraging the ‘Smart Client’ technology.
- Worked as HPQC Administrator to manage the administrative tasks of HPQC creating new projects and project domains, assigning roles to users, adding and deleting users, creating and customizing reports etc. Also working on the upgrade of HPQC from version 9.0 to 10.0.
- Prepared time estimates for QA activities for new projects and enhancements, arranging QA resources and assigning tasks and attend status meetings with higher management, business analysts, development teams, Database Administrators and QA Integration teams at various phases of the project on regular basis.
- Involved in performing backend database testing on Data Warehouse/ETL and Quality/Interfaces on the SQL server 2005 through SQL queries. The testing is done by creating test scenarios in the Database tables and comparing the actual results against the database and by verifying the Error messages generated by the Interface execution.
- Responsible for creating, reviewing and updating Standard Operating Procedures of the QA department according to the industry standards and Software Quality requirements.
- Conducted high level regression testing for each and every new project release using Mercury QTP 9.2 in order to ensure that all major functionalities are working properly.
QA Lead /Application Testing Analyst
- Worked as a QA Lead and managed resources on various projects managing on-shore and off-shore software Quality Assurance Testing teams ranging from 5 to 10 resources, which included resource allocation, project meetings, status meetings, providing software documentation including Project Plans, Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, reviewing, updating and approving test procedures and test scripts, providing guidance about the projects, setting up test environments and VMware test images for the test teams, resolving issues faced by the team during the testing and getting daily, weekly and periodic updates from the teams on the project status and progress.
- Mainly involved in testing all aspects of 2 major web-based applications called DBIA Canada and DNBDirect.
- As an integral part of testing the DNBDirect and DBIA Canada websites, was heavily involved in printing the customer reports to test the report formats and other important characteristics of the reports.
- Participated in meetings with the project managers and other key IT personnel in order to create and adopt a company-wide methodology for use in the project development lifecycle and recommended Agile methodology for the same, which was eventually adopted for all the projects.
- Participated and involved in the complete life cycle development and testing of applications namely: 1. ImageScope, 2. IRLookUp, 3. NextGen, 4. CBIR Web Service, 5. eWOW, 6. Live Access, 7. Exact Name Pass-through, 8. Small Business Reports, 9. Password Enhancement Project, 10.Counts.
- Carried out extensive web services and web content testing on the websites developed for internal users to fulfill the order fulfillment and customer reporting purposes.
- Worked on SAT Books conversion project.
- The project was designed in Java. The testing was done manually and Win Runner 6.0 was used later on for regression testing.
- Test Director was used to maintain project repositories and track defects.
- Worked with the off shore QA Team and coordinated the off shore testing efforts being the onsite QA resource for the project.
- Involved in testing the eRAM Application version 2.01, where participated in writing test plan, test procedures, test cases and documentation of design and mapping documents.
- Used Lotus Notes for the defect Management.
- At Lehman Brothers, worked on Global Portfolio System, a web-based application that dealt with customer portfolios including securities, equities, bonds, trading and mortgages as well as their financial accounts.
- Providing the project status to the QA Manager on daily basis.
- Successfully rolled-out the product within the timeframe set for the project deliverables.
- Used Win Runner 6.0 for automated testing and Test Director for project management