- Over fourteen years of IT experience, in which around twelve years of experience in Software Testing of Client/Server and Web based Applications.
- Well - versed with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in Test Environment Setup and Test Infrastructure Development in both Manual and Automation.
- Good exposure on Requirements Analyzing, Streamlining and Management.
- Good exposure in Financial, Banking, ERP and eCommerce Business Domains.
- Well versed with various Testing Stages/Levels/Phases, Testing Types, Testing Techniques and Quality Work Products.
- Experience in Functional and Non-Functional (Availability, Usability, Integration testing, Reliability and Compatibility), UAT Testing Types.
- Expertise on Black box Testing, Grey box and White box Techniques, Decision Tables and Use Case Testing.
- Around 4 year of experience in Test Automation using QTP (8.2, 9.2 10.00 versions).
- Hands on experience in preparing QA Test strategies, QA Test plans, Test cases, Automated Tests and Test Data.
- Good expertise in peer reviews (Test Design and Defect Reporting).
- Good experience on Retail finance broker application at Persing.
- Experience in using FIX Protocol API. Testing admin and application FIX messages like heartbeat, logon, logout, resend request, reject, sequence, pre-trade, trade and post-trade messages.
- Expertise in analyzing the results and reporting Suggestions and defects.
- Excellent Experience on Bug Life Cycle, and used lot of Bug Tracking tools, e.g Quality Center, Redmine, Jira, Gemini, ClearQuest, Startrek and ETC
- Developed UNIX shell script, loading data in various environments using FTP
- Extensively used automated test tools like WinRunner and QTP for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Experience in Preparation of Automated Tests within the Keyword driven automation framework.
- Good Expertise in VBScript and Automation Infrastructure Development.
- Good Exposure in Using of QTP Integrated Environment (Step Generator, Synchronization, Actions, Recovery Scenarios and Methods etc.).
- Experience in Descriptive Programming using QTP.
- Extensive experience and excellent knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Excellent knowledge of Insurance domain.
- Excellent Experience on Test Management Tools like TestDirector and Quality Center.
- Experience on LoadRunner by doing performance and load testing.
- Setup and configuration of Quality Center projects.
- Experience on web services testing, mostly used SoapUI and SoapUI Pro.
- Experience in writing and executing complex SQL queries in order to view successful transactions of data and for validating data. Extensive use of SQL queries (Oracle, SQL Server) to perform Backend Testing of the reports.
- Good expertise on Exploratory Testing using Domain Knowledge.
- Working knowledge on Java, .Net, Oracle and SQL Server Technologies based Projects.
- Excellent knowledge of Derivatives, Fixed Income, and Equity products.
- Use MS SharePoint to host documents in a centralized location.
- Worked closely with development and Technical Support teams to resolve quality issues.
- Experience in System Administration and Awareness on various Network Environments.
- Good interpersonal skills, commitment, result oriented, hard working with a quest and zeal to learn new technologies.
- Good Knowledge in IEEE and CMM/CMMI Standards.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:Confidential, New York, NY
- Predominately did acceptance and UAT testing with documentation review. Extensively did database Q/A work with validation.
- Responsible for releasing the product for final release from stage to production Server.
- Working within agile development teams with a Scrum approach and supporting the developers for quality assurance.
- Hands on experience on analyze business, system requirements, mange development of specifications to create and execute detailed test strategies, test plans, and verify bug fixes.
- Configure testing environment and test on different browsers in order to validate the product on most of the browser, and schedule automated/manual tests.
- Tested the Enter contest, approval and Dashboard process for new Dream Dog Park Enter contest of www.Beneful.com submissions. The first round of approvals is the legal approval. If the content is legally sound the legal approver will approve the content. Then it gets passed on to the content approver who checks the content for any content issues. If that content is good they approve it and it will be available on the website's Entry Gallery section.
Environment: Windows XP,7.0, UNIX, Sql Server, Oracle, ETL, MySQL, Redmine, ASP.net.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
- Responsible for managing and implementing the Quality Assurance process across their full product line, Solution Manager, Admin Portal, Self Service, Support Analyst and etc.
- Started as a self-starter without any proper documentation of their products, and became expert in their product after vigorous interaction with the developer and the development team.
- Worked as a QA lead in estimation of Project Timelines and test Plan.
- Planned and created the overall Test Strategy for UAT phases of testing and end-to-end testing.
- Worked closely with Development team, Business analyst to ensure full coverage of UAT criteria to be met during UAT phase of testing.
- Setup and configuration of the overall Quality Center technical and operating environment in a Windows Server and SQL Server/Oracle with standalone and cluster environment .
- Extensive usage of all QC modules.
- Working with Quality Center users to implement new processes .
- Tested the performance of Solution manager web based application using the LoadRunner 9.0
- Generated the Vuser scripts, develop scenarios for various types of Loads, analyzing the results in analyzer in LoadRunner, generating the final execution summary reports.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called ‘SOAP UI’. I have been using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Used my web service expertise in testing web services via SOAP, using the open source testing tool SoapUI
- Amazing skills in Functionality and Performance test plan creation for web services
- Identified key performance bottlenecks in the application and also performed end-to-end root cause analysis on these bottlenecks to pin point the reasons.
- Worked as a QA lead as a primary liaison with Business, Development teams and Vendors for major releases, recreation of customer issues, subsequent Hot fix and patch testing and successful release of patches.
- Manage and mentor onshore and offshore QA and junior QA.
- Help also level III technical support engineers to resolve some critical issue from client.
- Taking care of their full line of product as I Owned that product.
- Tested some Mobile Apps layout version of Confidential product line.
- Tested Confidential line of products on Agile/Scrum methodology.
Environment: Windows XP, 7.0, UNIX, Sql Server, Oracle, ETL, QTP 10.0 and Quality Center 10.0, loadRunner, SoapUI, SoapUI Pro, Appache Tomcat, Jboss, JAVA, ASP.NET and Etc.
Lead Quality Assurance Analyst (Consultant)
- Project: Data Extraction and Conversion from MS Access to Oracle Database.
- Excellent experience of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and (STLC)
- Generated test scripts for functional and regression tests using QTP.
- Designed and generated Reusable Test Scripts using QTP
- Verified data in Oracle after converted from MS Access.
- Used SQL Queries for database testing to validate the data and mapped back to business requirements.
- Interacted with developers and end users to resolve technical issues.
- Lead and supervise the four junior QA, distribute and divide the tasks to QA and junior QA according to their skills.
- Manage and mentor junior tester. Manage and handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Conducted manual testing, compared actual and expected results and logged defects using the defect tracking Mercury Quality Center.
- Project: PCI: The System Architecture was remodeled to meet the requirements of the Payment Card
- Industry Standard Compliance for storing Credit Card Information. .
- Developed and Executed Test Plan & Test Script in Quality Center.
- Developed UNIX shell script, loading data in various environments using FTP.
- Involved to create an order for new and existing subscriber and provisioned the order.
- Involved as part of automation team using QTP, developed test scripts.
- Generated test scripts for functional and regression tests using QTP.
- Extract Transform Load ETL development using Sql server integration Services (SSIS).
- Ran Unix automated scripts, tested the Customer Care applications and Web applications performed as expected.
- Performed End to End testing and solving the issues with Coordination of Developer.
- Worked with MERCURY Quality Center for tracking defects.
Environment: Windows XP, UNIX, Sql Server, CRT, ETL, QTP 9.2 and Quality Center 9.2 and Jira.
Confidential, New York
Quality Assurance Engineer (Consultant)
- Project: Web based PES application processing the transaction of proctor for conducting a variety of Professional exams.
- Wrote and executed system test plans for high-capacity web server software, database-driven web-based applications on Windows platforms.
- Coded and executed automated test cases in Ruby language.
- Validating the Proctors registering through front end application and from back end database.
Confidential, New Jersey
Database Tester/Analyst (Consultant)
- Worked in the Paradigm and Port Folio Analysis using Oracle SQL and VB, Paradigm is a dynamically driven Internet based Order Entry System for the Brokerage Operation. The application utilizes Oracle, and Visual Basic interface. It is completely component based and several of the components were modified to product the Electronic Catalog. Components include a shopping cart with dynamically db driven items, a personal shopper, an email based order system, a full-text database search system and a transaction server system.
- Expertise in using FIX Protocol API. Testing admin and application FIX messages like heartbeat, logon, logout, resend request, reject, sequence, pre-trade, trade and post-trade messages.
- Analyzed requirement specs and design specs, created Test Plan, Test Cases and scenarios using Test Director and took responsibility for complete feature/component testing.
- Performed Client/Server testing using pearl script. For checking Order Entry, customer Payment and Collection Agency systems.
- Performed black box, smoke, functionality, integration, GUI, system, database, regression and acceptance testing.
- Created Database comparison Matrix to evaluate Databases.
- Used Microsoft Word extensively for storing test cases, maintaining test documentation.
- Used Test Director to create, manage, run test suites, and generate reports for percentage of failures with proper Severity, Priority, and test case status.
- Handled Front End Screens and objects by using functions and methods.
- Carried out Regression testing on various test suites to verify the fixed bugs and to ensure the application stability.
- Extensive use of SQL queries to perform transaction testing.
- Read and understand the FIX log file and to interpret format and different tag combinations.
Environment: Windows, MS-DOS, UNIX and Linux, SQL, Java, C, C++, XML, VB Script, Java Script, HTML, Quick Test Pro, Toad, Quality Center, Jira, Load Runner, Win runner, Oracle, MS-SQL Server and MS-Access
Confidential Islandia, New York
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Projects: Worked on numerous number of following CA products.
- CA ARCserve (Brightstor), CA Unicenter TNG, CA Anti-Virus for the Enterprise, Asset management option for TNG, ControlIT, InoculateIT and etc.
- Responsible for managing QA Testing Resources for heterogeneous environments
- Involved for multiple applications and able to do multi-tasking.
- Well-versed with all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Responsible for Analysis of the Requirement, Designing the test cases, testing and communicating throughout the project.
- Wrote and executed system test plans and test cases.
- Created functional test plan and test cases for manual testing and Automated testing.
- Lead the Requirements, Business Reviews and Testing Reviews for the project.
- Created and managed the defects and reported in Startrak (DTS)
- Responsible for verifying logs, checking batch processes, and executing SQL queries (Database testing) throughout the project.
- Conducted walkthroughs and meetings; ensure project milestones and deliverables are met.
- Created the load test plan and test cases and monitored the results when offshore team was running the scripts.
- Worked closely with User Acceptance Team to ensure the stability and verify the acceptance criteria for the project.
- Trained the testers to use the Automation tools winrunner QA Partner Created Modules.
- Created Test strategy and Test evaluation summary document. Reported QA team status to executives.
- Developed the Test Cases to follow the Traceability Matrix.
- Performed Functional, Performance testing, Positive, Negative & Regression testing.
- Developed SQL Queries for checking the Data Transaction.
Environment: Windows NT 4.0, 2000, C++, Java, Sql server, Oracle, Mainframe, Win Runner, Novell Netware, Unix, HP, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris 3sparc and Linux flavor.