- 6+ years of experience in Manual as well as Automation Testing with focus on Quality Assurance (QA).
- 3+ Experience in Telecom Domain.
- Experience in the Testing Life Cycle - phases include: Risk Analysis, Planning Process, Test Design, Performing Test, Defect Tracking and Management and Test Reporting.
- Excellent understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Involved in interacting with the Business Analysts in order to write Test Strategies and Test Plans.
- Experience in gathering requirements, developing test plans, test cases (manual/Automated), test procedures, test scripts and analyzing results.
- Strong Experience in Functionality testing, System testing, End-to-end testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Data-driven testing, Negative testing, Positive testing, Cross Browser testing, User Acceptance Testing and Boundary Value Testing, performance testing, load testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and improvement of QA Process.
- Tracking and reporting defects through Quality Center which facilitates work flow issues and help resolving technical issues with developers
- Experience in Automation tools like Quick Test Professional 11 (UFT) and HP Quality Center.
- Strong Expertise in Black box testing.
- Expertise in Problem solving and Bug Reports using Tools like HP Quality Center.
- Good knowledge in SQL queries, Database.
- Strong knowledge of identifying various test scenarios in accordance with functional requirement documents, design documents and Use cases.
- Well versed with UNIX/LINUX platform.
- Involved in reporting and data analysis using MS Office tools like MS Word, Visio and MS Excel.
- Strong experience in windows and web based application.
Operating Systems: Windows 95,98,NT,2000,2003, Windows 7 & 8, Unix
Web Technologies: HTML, VB script,
Programming Languages: C and SQL, PHP, MySQL,
Special Tools: Toad, Putty
Testing Tools: QTP, HP Quality Center, Share Point, Quick Test Pro 11/ UFT, Load Runner 8
Ability: Strong Software Testing Concepts, Critical ThinkingPROJECTS WORKED:
Client: Confidential, Edison, NJ
Role: QA Tester
Confidential Inc is providing comprehensive Telecom Services to wholesale and enterprise carrier globally. It has leadership position in Conference services, Toll-free Numbers and UIFN, ITFS, Calling Cards, Wholesale Minutes, Global SIM, Data dongle. I was mostly involved in manual and automated testing of web based application.
- Developed test strategy document and test cases based on software requirement statement/URD.
- Developed and maintain test cases for each release/version of web application.
- Performed functional testing for web based user authentication GUI and document access control application.
- Conduct Regression testing and system interface testing for each release.
- Execute test plan and format results and communicate to user.
- Analyzed the final Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) for discrepancies and entered test data result.
- Queried databases with SQL to obtain sample data for billing verification .
- Defining defects and carried out test reports using HPQC as Defect tracking system.
- Documented the Problem Reports (PRs) for all the bugs detected and tracked the bug fixing process until they were closed .
- Managed other tests including User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Created reports using reporting tools- Crystal Reports.
Environment: HP Quality Center, Quick Test Pro 11.5, Win Runner 7.5, OSS, Load Runner, XML, Oracle 9i, TOAD, Windows, Unix, MS Office
Client: Confidential - IL
Role : QA Analyst
Confidential is a leader in both business-to-business office product solutions and retail office products. Confidential delivers an unparalleled customer experience in service, in product, in time savings, and in value through a relentless focus on its customers. The company provides office supplies and paper, technology products and solutions, and furniture to large, medium and small businesses and consumers. The integration is to facilitate the customer as well as the sellers for the company to carry out transactions. Here the facility is provided to carry out transactions for enquiries, negotiation of orders, placing orders with the suppliers, notifying invoices, dispatches and payments etc to the concerned. Transactions like posting enquiries by the customer, placing and managing orders etc between buyer and the sales department.
- Requirement Gathering
- Analyzed Business Requirement documents, High level Documents and low level documents
- Created Test Plan.
- Created test cases in HP Quality Center.
- Data conditioning of test data
- Extensively used SQL to pull test data
- Executed test cases in Quality Center.
- Identified defects.
- Extensively used Quality Center as defect tracking tool.
- Provided daily updates and weekly updates.
- Participated in daily status meetings and defect calls.
- Created manuals on the internal applications. Generated reports using Quality Center
Environment: Quality Center 9.2, JAVA/J2EE, JSP, TOAD, SQL Queries, SQL, UNIX, XML, HTML, Oracle, and Windows NT, CICS
Client : Confidential, NY
Role : QA Analyst
The project involves enhancing web banking, Web Bill Pay, and Web Investments application. The modified web banking module greatly reduced the response time and show up-to-date transaction activity in a secure environment that is available anytime. The newly added E-Trade Fund Manager feature enables customers to transfer funds from one account to another, buying and selling securities, options, and equities. The Web Bill Pay module was enhanced by adding “Add a Payee Option” that enables customers to either add a specific payee or select a payee from the Webster list. Also, the modified application help customers to do Web Investments that involves accessing brokerage account information, placing trades, checking order status and view confirmations. Checking market indices and viewing company profile reports were other added functionalities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developed Test Plan and Test Strategy documents for all the web based and server side applications as well as data load batch jobs.
- Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix to map the test cases with the Requirements.
- Extensively used quality center for adding requirements, adding test cases, executing test cases and to add defects.
- Performed Functional, Integration, System and Regression Testing.
- Involved in testing and monitoring batch jobs that are used for data loading process.
- Interacted with client on day to day basis for Information gathering, analysis of specifications, requirement analysis & test strategy discussions.
- Gathered and analyzed Business and System requirements for various applications, performed gap analysis and documented them.
- Involved in reviewing business requirements, functional specifications, project schedules and documentation.
- Developed regression suit using QTP and VB Scripting.
- Implemented all the standards and involved in the review of QTP scripts.
- Defect tracking meetings are conducted until QA sign off to make sure all the defects are in appropriate status
- Involved in Bi weekly and monthly status reporting for both manual and automated regression suite.
- Used SharePoint to share all the project related information.
Environment: Oracle, SQL Queries, SQL, HTML, Java, J2EE, Windows NT 4.0, Load Runner, QTP and Test Director.
Client : Confidential
Role : Software Test Engineer
Confidential Communication is one of the largest Telecommunications Company providing comprehensive range of telecom Services in INDIA, Wire line, Mobile, GSM Mobile, Internet, Broad band and carrier services.
- Interacted with Business Analysts to get the business requirements and functional specifications documents.
- Performed manual testing before performing automated testing.
- Conducted functionality and regression testing during the various phases of the application using Win Runner.
- Tested application for different types of telecom applications like GSM mobile.
- Performed GUI testing and regression testing using Win Runner.
- Reviewed Manual testing methods and developed and executed automated scripts.
- Developed use cases, test cases and execute test cases.
- Used Test director for managing the requirements.
- Wrote SQL queries for backend testing.