PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY: -
Over 8 years of IT Industry experience in Quality Assurance Testing and Web Analysis. Specialized in analyzing functional specifications and involved in execution of test scenarios, analyzing the actual results versus the expected results, creation of test data and execution using Quality Center. Experience and knowledge in working with business requirements, business rules, functional specification documents and other relevant documentation for UAT/QA planning, design, and execution. Experienced and knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles and Software Testing Life Cycle in various environments. Experience in White Box, Web testing, Java, Dot Net applications, Client-server, SQL and Oracle database and related projects.
- 7 years of experience in software industry with emphasis on Quality Assurance of both Client-Server and Web based Applications in Manual Testing.
- Strong understanding of Test Methodologies and Testing Types in Project Life Cycles.
- Experience in analysis of Testing Artifacts like Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Functional Requirement Specification (FRS) and System Design Specification (SDS) .Proficient in System Integration, Functional, Negative, Regression and User Acceptance Testing, Data warehouse Testing.
- Worked in an agile software development environment.
- Developed the Test plan and implemented the test plan.
- Defined, Developed test cases in MS Excel for multiple projects and uploaded the final test cases to Quality center.
- Executed the test cases in Quality Center and Generated Test execution/Summary Reports, Defects Report and tracked defects using Quality Center.
- Involved in designing and maintaining Requirements Tractability Matrix.
- Experience in Quick Test Professional (QTP), Quality Center, Winrunner, LoadRunner, Test Director.
- Strong aptitude in implementing Quality Assurance Standards and Testing Methodologies for Large Enterprise GUI and Web Application using Use Case Documents, Functional Specifications and Business Requirements.
- Co-ordinated worked and supported to the performance team using the LoadRunner.
- Experience in Micro Strategy to develop the Reports.
- In depth knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle, Waterfall, Iterative, Agile and V-Model test methodologies.
- Robustly experienced in developing and testing Web Application with XML, Oracle, SQL and Web Logic.
- Good working knowledge of Databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server with PL/SQL and TSQL, Teradata.
- Organized, attention to detail, self-motivated, personable and able to meet project milestones and deliverable dates.
- Self-starter with strong work ethics and skills in time management, client relationship and ability to adapt and learn new things quickly.
- Ability to multi-task, motivating others, work efficiently and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Enjoy working collaboratively with testers, developers and other team members in testing complex projects and in the overall enhancement of software product quality.
ENVIRONMENT DETAILSSoftware Testing: Test Planning, Test effort estimation, Test Strategy, Test Lab Setup Test processes definition, implementation and improvement, Test process assessment and Test Documentation Review.
Testing Types: Functional Testing, Non-Functional, Compatibility, Configuration, System Testing, User Interface & Usability Testing, Installation Testing, Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing,Data Warehouse Testing
Languages: C, Cobol, C++, Java, VB, .Net, SQL, PL/SQL
Tools: HP Quality Center, QTP, WinRunner, LoadRunner,Micro Strategy
Configuration Management: Visual Source Safe, Team Foundation Server, SharePoint
Web Languages: HTML, XML, ASP.Net, VB Scripting
Database: Oracle9i, SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access and MySQL,Teradata
Web and Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic
Operating System: Windows NT/XP/Vista/7, UNIX, Linux
Network: TELNET, FTP, HTTP, TCP/IP
Others: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Senior QA Analyst
- Developed the Test plan and implement the test plan.
- Able to understand Business Requirement Document, System Requirement Specifications and Use Cases.
- Worked in an agile software development environment.
- Defined, Developed and executed test cases using Test planning and Test Management tool Quality Center.
- Responsible for Prioritizing and Sizing the Test cases developed for the application.
- Performed Negative, Positive and Black Box testing.
- Developed System Testing, Functional and Regression Testing.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing of the Application.
- Performed compatibility testing in different OS and browsers.
- Preparation of Test environment.
- Document the Test results for the existing and new software products.
- Developed and executed SQL queries to perform backend testing of the database.
- Worked with the off shore team.
- Designing and writing, executing the manual test cases to validate new functionality.
- Performed Manual Testing.
- Maintained Requirements Traceability matrix.
- Submitted Test Summary Report, Status and Progress reports to Test Lead, Manager.
- Effectively interacted with product and development teams to point out Bugs and Retest fixed Bugs.
- Presented the Defects in review meeting & assigned priority.
- Worked with the Performance Engineer using the LoadRunner.
- Assisted in the preparation of Test Estimates and Project Schedules.
Environment: Quality Center 9.2/9.1, Oracle10g, SQL Server 2005, HTML, Java, Linux, SQL, Windows Server 2003, MS Office Tools
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Developed a road map by understanding the business logic and User Requirements for Test execution.
- Able to understand Design Artifacts like Database Diagrams, Architecture Model Diagrams and Work Flow Diagrams.
- Developed Test Plan and Test Cases by using Quality Center.
- Developed and executed the manual test cases for User Acceptance Testing and System testing.
- Performed User acceptance, Functional, System and Regression testing.
- Done Verification and Validation Testing.
- Extensively developed DB Queries, PL/SQL procedures to retrieve the required data from database and validate the business requirement.
- Configured the Runtime settings as per the test scenario requirements
- Used Quality Center for defect logging and test management.
- Responsible for Test Reports and Test Execution Summary to the management.
- Attend the Test case review meetings and requirements walkthroughs.
- Initiate QA Requests, determine test Requirements, create Test Plans, perform Testing and close out.
- Define and mange QA Team deliverables like Test Plans, Test Strategies, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Reports and Defect Metrics.
- Coordinating and communicating the status of the testing efforts to Project team while ensuring QA best practices were followed.
- Evaluate and prioritize defect corrections, bug tracking and retest issues.
- Effectively interacted with development teams and communicated the issues to them.
- Maintained the Requirement Traceability matrix.
- Tracked and report the defects and retest the application after resolving the issues.
- Assisted in the preparation of test estimates and project schedules.
- Submitted the Test Summary report and Defect reports to the Manager.
Environment: Quality Center 9.1, MS SQL Server 2005, Windows Server 2003, MS office tools, ASP.Net, XML, HTML
- Responsible for providing the Testing Effort estimates and provided the timely feedback on progress of the testing activity.
- Created data driven automation test scripts using Quick Test professional.
- Actively participated in System testing, Integration testing and coordinated UAT.
- Created Test Automation Scripts using Mercury QTP for Regression, Functionality.
- Tested User Interfaces developed using ASP, XML and VB Scripts.
- Involved in testing Web pages developed using JSP, Servlets, HTML and Java Script.
- Generated the execution results and sent it across to the team, by way of gathering and analyzing the Test Metrics for the purpose of reporting.
- Performed data-driven testing (DDT) using parameterization in QTP.
- Prepared detailed Test cases by understanding the business logic and user requirements for manual and automated testing.
- Validated tests by crosschecking data in backend on Oracle using SQL Queries.
- Performed Data driven testing and Database accessing techniques to support the scripts.
- Developed and maintained regression test bed, which includes Test cases, Test scripts and Test data.
- Coordinated the Defect Management Process during Test execution using Quality center.
- Coordinated with Business Analysts, System Analysts & Developers for defect analysis.
- Carrying out defect tracking and defect prevention activities.
- Conducted Cross browser testing with IE and NS.
- Used Quality center to track and close Defects as and when Defects were fixed.
- Attended the project meetings, release meetings and QA status meetings.
Environment: QTP, LoadRunner, XML, Quality Center, Oracle, UNIX, Java, JSP, Win2000/NT/XP, Web Logic and MS Office
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
QA Test Analyst
- Involved in different phases of Project Life Cycle.
- Participated in Requirement Analysis and prepared System Test Documents.
- Involved in developing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts using Test Director.
- Involved in the functional testing of Web pages using WinRunner.
- Performed data Validation and Verification by extracting data from the Database.
- Involved in manual testing to develop Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Involved in the functional testing of web pages using WinRunner.
- Responsible for GUI, System, Regression and Acceptance Testing using WinRunner.
- Used Clear Case version control.
- Investigated software Defects and interacted with developers to resolve technical Issues.
Environment: VB, HTML, XML, PL/SQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Windows NT/2K, WinRunner, Test Director.
QA Test Analyst
- Developed test cases and test procedure for testing the application using the Test Director.
- Responsible for functional and regression testing.
- Shopping cart testing and cross browser testing.
- Documented bugs found out during the process of testing.
- Performed Automated testing using freeware test tools.
- Manually checking all the links, writing product description and updating database.
- Testing links upload pictures and upload the web pages in different browsers.
- Involved in preparing daily and weekly status Reports.
Environment: Oracle, Java, JSP, Servlet, WinRunner, HTML, Dream Viewer, Tomcat, Windows Server 2003, MS Office Tools.