10 years experience in software testing and leadership. Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in cross functional environments that includes SOX compliant, multi - tier, software systems using Agile and plan-driven development methodologies. Proven success in creating and implementing plans to achieve long-term strategic objectives that are aligned with company imperatives and initiatives. Advanced in collaboration across boundaries and making sound business decisions.
Director Software QA
Confidential, Grapevine, TX
Confidential provides an industry leading, browser-based loan origination system (LOS) that is completely configurable and easy to implement. The defi system allows auto lenders the flexibility to manage the application lifecycle from a single, flexible, SaaS platform.
- Developed and implemented key quality indicator elements, organized quality goals and objectives with best industry practices in an agile environment.
- Established monitoring measures for software testing related to quality goals. Analyzed and reported product and process quality trends using YouTrack for agile and a proprietary test reporting dashboard.
- Managed Quality Assurance associates, performed personnel evaluations, and filled in as/when needed.
- Implemented Root Cause Analysis of production incidents, providing recommendations to correct issues.
- Performed audits of development and quality assurance teams to ensure compliance to quality standards.
- Recommended improvement plans based on observation of process, vendors, data, to management.
- Ensured timely in-process testing of product.
- Responsible for release and environment management using GitHub and MS Azure.
Software QA Manager,
Confidential, Westlake, TX
Confidential is a leading property information, analytics and services provider in the United States and Australia, serving markets such as real estate and mortgage finance, insurance, capital markets, transportation and government.
Identified and implemented software quality assurance standards and testing processes that improved upon PMO standards, managed 50+ QA resources on and offshore, and collaborated with technical and business teams to ensure consistent and reliable QA practices and standards. Environment consisted of manual and automated, white and black box testing on front-end, middle-tier/web services, and back-end applications and databases for mainframe, web and client-server applications.
- Supported testing for hundreds of applications across business units with project budgets totaling >$50m.
- Improved test planning, strategies and verifications through the creation and implementation of standardized documentation, execution, and reporting.
- Improved test case quality and decreased the number of defects found during QA and UAT testing by implementing test plan and test case reviews with the technical and business teams.
- Created and implemented performance testing standards for engagement, SLAs, execution, and reporting.
- Improved management of QA resources and test schedules by coordinating with IT, Business, and QA leaders to identify overlaps in test planning or execution across programs.
- Improved UAT planning and execution by influencing early involvement of business teams in projects, creating templates for planning, coordination, and reporting, and helped BSA’s / business teams understand how to work with QA in an effort to make UAT successful.
- Increased automated regression by implementing a standardized framework and engagement model.
- Responsible for the recruitment of onsite test leads and analysts.
Program Level Test Lead,
Confidential, Plano, TX
Confidential consists of selling merchandise and services to consumers through its department stores and through its Internet Website at jcp.com. It sells family apparel and footwear, accessories, fine and fashion jewelry, beauty products through Sephora inside J.C. Penney and home furnishings.
Responsible for leading and coordinating E2E testing (~$25m) of the Confidential department across 200 integration points and 40 applications in a multi-vendor onsite/offshore team.
- Managed and coordinated test efforts of 70+ testers and analysts between onsite and offshore.
- Led E2E test efforts to meet individual and program level project plan milestones.
- Collaborated with senior leadership to standardize test processes, tools, and methodologies enterprise-wide. These efforts resulted in improved Business Process Testing in Quality Center, an improved Master Test Pan template, and the implementation of ITKO Lisa for automated testing and validation, as well as improved deployments to production.
- Managed test budget and resource estimates at the program level that included 18 simultaneous test tracks, automation and performance testing.
- Managed timesheet tracking across all project tracks to ensure accuracy of billing.
- Responsible for interviewing test leads and analysts as part of the recruitment process.
Led the testing effort on an enterprise project (~$25m) to implement a Master Data Management solution that used batch processing and messaging to move Confidential Confidential data from a Legacy system to an Confidential package that would ultimately store data in a Teradata warehouse.
- Managed and coordinated test efforts of 20+ testers and analysts between onsite and offshore
- Led System and UAT test efforts to meet the project plan milestones and SLA’s for performance
- Coordinated performance test efforts between Confidential and Confidential partners that included identifying and scheduling specific tests and working with shared services groups such as Capacity Mgmt and Application/Data Architecture.
- Managed nine test environments that included resources such as WAS, TIBCO, and DB2. Tracked configurations and data elements and scheduled shared environment resources across System, UAT, and Performance test stages.
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst,
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Confidential provides digital customers to business through strategic ad placement, pay-per-click campaigns and search engine optimization and analytic methods. QA analyst responsible for validation of the front-end interfaces, web services, databases, and functionality of the systems in an Agile environment.
- Developed and executed test suites, including data-driven regression, GUI testing, performance/stress testing, and reliability/recovery testing for web-based B2C ecommerce/ Confidential applications
- Designed and executed test plans, managed defects and coordinated testing for each release
- Provided Go/No Go Decisions for release deployment and assumed full ownership of system testing
- Reviewed new product features and enhancements and maintained test plans accordingly
- Validated SQL Server 2005 databases with general and advanced SQL queries
- Validated web services through data manipulation and functional front-end and back-end testing
QA Engineer Consultant,
Confidential, Westlake, TX
Confidential is among the most diversified financial services companies in the world, offering a full range of product solutions for individual investors, employers, institutions and intermediaries.
Project Lead Role
- Led system testing on multiple projects (~$20m) in a SOX compliant software environment that used Agile and plan-driven development methodologies
- Collaborated with IT and Business leaders to improve test processes and resolve issues.
- Implemented a standardized Verification and Validation process through collaboration with Sr. Directors in QA.
- Provided test estimates and prioritization for work involved, resources available, and time allotted for system testing
- Implemented processes for Peer Reviews, Test Phase Transition, and Risk-based Test Design.
- Used Quality Center 9.0 and Rational ClearQuest 7.0 for test case and defect management.
- Test execution on multi-tier, client-server, mainframe, and web applications in .NET (C#) and JAVA frameworks
- Manipulated XML for validation of web services with the use of Mindreef SOAPscope 5.3
- Executed SQL and command-line queries in RUMBA 3270 environment to validate data in flat-file/formatted views
Team Lead Role
- Managed the test schedule and task distribution across virtual test teams abroad
- Trained and Mentored analysts on QA processes/ procedures, delegated test responsibilities, and supervised progress
- Created and maintained technical documents relevant to software tested and QA operations, including instructional documents to guide testers through the scenarios, ensuring an efficient and effective test iteration
- Created and presented evaluation of SOAPscope software to be used for testing web services
- Worked with database and front-end UI development teams, test automation team, and QA management to setup the automation framework and streamline the process for web services testing across multi-tiered environments
- Developed and executed Keyword-Driven QTP 9.1/9.2 scripts for a .NET (C#) web application to setup accounts and perform financial transactions, and validate and analyze test results
- Trained other analysts how to install and configure the QTP application as well as create and execute scripts using both Keyword and Expert views
Senior QA Analyst,
Confidential ., Coppell, TX
QA Lead/Analyst for a suite of applications that sync branch data with a central Operational Data Store (ODS). Environment consisted of .NET and Java/Flash web applications, MS SQL 2005 databases, SOX compliance, and Agile and waterfall methodologies. Used Quality Center, PVCS Tracker, QTP, and MS Query Analyzer. Managed the test schedule and task distribution across virtual teams abroad, interviewed and supervised junior level analysts onsite, and coordinated test efforts with outside vendors to install and configure check imaging software. Created and implemented QA processes and methodologies and implemented the QTP automation framework for regression.
Confidential, Westlake, TX
QA lead/analyst for the Fidelity Institutional Group, which hosted Fidelity’s Customer Account Maintenance (CAM) application consisting of a .NET (C#) / CICS user interface, web services, and batch processing.
Used test tools such as Quality Center 8.2 to create and execute tests, Rational ClearQuest 7.0 for defect management, RUMBA 3270 for mainframe validations
Confidential, Addison, TX
Responsible for coordinating and testing a suite of .NET (C#) and JAVA web applications that captures checks from Confidential 3890 (or similar) check sorters. The system perfects the data captured from the sorters, balances the jobs, sorts the checks and creates cash letters to trade checks with corresponding financial institutions; i.e. B of A, Frost Bank, Wells Fargo. Led a team as large as 5 testers and helped manage a test lab of 15 machines, using tools like WinRunner 8.2, LoadRunner 8.0, Toad and MS SQL Query Analyzer to validate the applications and Oracle and MS SQL 2000 databases on a CICS server.
QA Analyst, Confidential, Ft. Worth, TX
Responsible for testing internal/external client-server and ASP.NET web-based applications against an AS/400 database and MS Server 2003. Used test tools such as Test Director, WinRunner 7.6, and VMWare to manage and execute functional and compatibility tests. Improved QA documentation storage by creating an internal website using Dreamweaver and Front Page.
Testing / Reporting: HP ALM, Performance Center, Quality Center, Test Director, LoadRunner, QuickTest Pro, WinRunner, ClearQuest, VMWare, PVCS Tracker/Version Mgr, MindReef SOAPscope, ITKO LISA, Quickbase
Databases / Tools: Teradata, DB2, SQL Svr, MS Access, Oracle, MS Desktop Engine (MSDE), Toad, MS Query Analyzer
Operating systems: DOS, Windows 9X, 2000, 2000/2003/2008 Server, NT, XP, Vista, Confidential Mainframe (zOS), AS/400, UNIX / AIX
Other products : Visual Studio, MS-Office/Visio, MS-Outlook/Project, VPN, WebEx, Lotus Notes/Document Manager, HEAT Call Logging 8.3, Sametime web meetings, Working knowledge of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts, SharePoint, JIRA, Team Foundation Server, VersionOne agile tool, TeamForge, Casewise, SOAP UI, Selenium, Mingle/VersionOne/YouTrack agile tools, GitHub for code management, Microsoft Azure for virtual machines