- About 8+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing (Manual and Automation) in Desktop, Mobile, Web, Server - Client Applications, e-commerce and Databases/ETL and other variety of Applications.
- Extended experience in systems testing, integration testing, UAT testing, positive and negative, functionality testing, and regression testing.
- Experience in IOT applications testing (Manual and automation).
- Experience in using nodejs test frame work like chai,assert etc for testing IOT based applications.
- Experience in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Bug life Cycle and software development models like Waterfall, Scrum /Agile.
- Specialized in user requirement analysis, documenting test plans, execution of test cases to verify application functionality against business requirements, by using Selenium RC, WebDriver, Appium Chai and other testing tools.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration. Mochawsome and HTML reporing.
- Extensively involved in Functional,Regression,Performance,Integrtion Testing,System Testing,Compatibility,Interface and GUI testing.
- Expertise in mobile application testing using Appium,on both IOS and Android platforms.
- Experience in Data base testing and also oracle, sql using PL/SQL server
- Experience in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration and Task scheduling.
- Exposure in running SQL queries to perform Data validation and Back end testing of databases to check integrity of data.
- Hands on experience in using the version controls like SVN and GIT,CVS,TFS
- Hands on experience in using Github, BitBucket for Automation source code maintenance.
- Experience in using TestNG and Junit for java applications and familiar with assertions.
- Hands on Experience in testing Java API’s, SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI and Tested both XML and JSON formats. Good knowledge of Object Oriented Concepts, Maven and Ant for project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for continuous integration.
- Experienced in designing and developing automation and other IT Process Automation capabilities with the AWS platform.
- Sound knowledge on working with Curam products.
- Involved in all technical aspects of LAN and WAN projects including, short and long term planning, implementation, project management and operations support as required
- Strong Knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms.
- Experienced in testing code developed in TDD / BDD environments
- Experience in preparing Test plan, Test cases, Test scripts based on Business Requirements and Functional Requirements, Defect Tracking and Issue Tracking.
- Expertise in locating the web elements using XPath and CSS.
- Hands on experience in performance testing using JMeter.
- Extensive experience in automation and white box testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Developed an automated scripts and frame works using Python, Java Script, Java, C#, VB Script.
- Proficiency in all levels of testing like unit testing, functional testing, user acceptance testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, sanity testing, exception testing, compatibility testing, security testing of client/server and web-based applications.
- Experience in creating proof of concept document for testing purposes.
- Experience in performing the Black box testing, integration testing, Regression testing, Database testing, system testing, experience with Cucumber.
- Experience in testing on LINUX, UNIX, MAC and multiple Microsoft windows environments.
- Effectively involved in Defect Tracking, reporting, reviewing and analyzing test results using Quality Center and HP Application Life Cycle Management.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, QTP and QTP, Appium to develop automation testing scripts for web, mobile and client server applications.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills. Good team player and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center (9, 10, 11.0), Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS 2008, 2010, 2012), IBM Rational, Clear quest, Bugzilla.
Languages/Script: C, C++, Java, C#, ASP.Net, SQL, PL/SQL, Python, UML, VB Script,Java script.
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Rally, MS Visio, Rational Rose
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari
Operating System: Windows XP, 7, 8, 10, Ubuntu, Mac, UNIX, Mac and Linux
Mobile Testing: Android, IOS
Version Tools: GIT and SVN
Testing Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, TDD,BDD,POM
Build/CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson.
Packages: MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access), MS Visio.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access 2000, TSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, TOAD, S MySQL
Confidential, San Jose, CA
Software Engineer in Testing
- Involved in all stages of Artik Product Outcome, Product requirements analysis, Test requirement analysis, Automation framework design documentation, Creating test plans, Handling test reports using TestLink, maintaining automation source code on github.
- Actively interacted with Business users, product owner and the developers in the agile team to understand the test scenarios
- Performed manual testing on mobile applications, performed functional testing, UI testing, unit testing, sanity testing and regression testing.
- Strong experience in testing ETL applications and BI reports.
- Familiarity with UAT for making website more user-friendly and for web-applications.
- Used Jenkins for continuous integration, generating new builds.
- Knowledge of HP Quality Center, ALM (Application Lifecycle Management). Executed and managed test cases and responsible for reporting Quality Center/Rally .
- Responsible for implementation of Hybrid Test Automation Framework, Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven and Java.
- Expertise in Web Application testing using Selenium with Java programming and Web Services API testing with Java and SOAPUI.
- Expertise in writing Selenium scripts using C# and java.
- Maintained the Selenium and Java automation code and resources in Github.
- Worked with designing and building automation frameworks in Cucumber BBD.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium to evaluate Security of Web-based user authentication apps.
- Also testing web services like Restful and gained full knowledge on how the server works, its logic and performing unit and white box testing on servers.
- Responsible in Developing Web Applications on Selenium WebDriver, TestNG Framework and Appium Automation Framework for mobile application.
- Tested API calls and client Analytics and verified they make it to the data base using Charles and Wireshark.
- Cucumber was used for entire regression testing and functional testing with primary tool a s Selenium to test Scenarios, test cases and test conditions identified.
- Extensively worked in validating GUI front end and back-end databases like MySQL server and oracle.
- Performed unit test cases and developed test application on Linux to test.
- Demonstrated experience in testing wireless systems like bluetooth including mobile devices.
- Testing the application in iPhone and Android devices and iPad. Wireless device testing includes major device brands (HTC, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung)
- Used putty for connecting Artik boards on windows machines to copy files, sdk’s, configuring wifi settings, executing automation test cases, performing module on boarding using mobile apps.
- Experience in Web Automation using Protractor for Angular application.
- Experience in developing, implementing, maintaining automation script and managing automated testing framework/suites using QTP, RFT, Selenium Webdriver and Protractor .
- Reviewed Test Cases for requirements coverage, ambiguity and completeness in Version One based on Use-Cases.
- Improved the quality of iOS, Android and web applications by testing them against real mobile devices in AWS Device Farm.
- Wrote end-to-end tests in node.js quickly and effortlessly that run against a selenium/webdriver server using nightwatch.js.
- Experienced in using both emulator and iOS simulator to develop functional testing in mobile, in both IOS and Android platforms.
- Responsible for implementing LoadRunner, Performance center, JMeter based infrastructure including.
- Followed Agile/Scrum methodology for all of the project activities. Involved in end to end process of ATDD.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Created the RESTful API Specification for the IOT/Thingspace platform in Swagger (OpenAPI)
- Attended daily scrum, sprint retrospective, phone meetings, and communicated via tools
- Tracked and Logged Bugs and Defects using JIRA and Rally tracking tools.
- Developed and automated regression test cases with positive scenarios Selenium Webdriver.
- Executed Backend and Database tests using SQL queries, validating the data for database editing and debugging is conducted using selenium.
- Involved in Designing & developing data driven framework using Selenium Web Driver, Testing and implemented Java Mail to send the regression result automatically.
Environment: Java, LINUX, Java script, Python C, C++,C#, Node js, Selenium Web Driver, nightwatch.js, assert,mocha,chai, Putty, Github, Winscp,SQL, Test link,e-commerce, Jenkins, Eclipse Che, JIRA,Rally,Microsoft XL, Bracket.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr Software Quality Engineer
- Extensively involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile methodologies.
- Involved in entire SDET (Software Development engineer testing), in Developing Test Plans and Test cases for various aspects of the User interface.
- Developed automation test code in Java language using Eclipse IDE and TestNG framework.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Used Oracle Applications like RPM, RDF for Expanding portfolio in and across different states.
- Involved in Mobile Testing includes App Testing.Test automation for web application using Cucumber.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Utilized Quality Center/ALM or managing the testing process.
- Involved in end-to-end testing of the Web/Mobile applications and its interactions with ERP Systems using Middleware - TIBCO systems.
- Deploying and managing the applications in AWS.
- Developed backend web services using Node.JS and stored dependencies using NPM.
- Setup Jasmine and Selenium/IDE for unit and functional testing.
- Report Test Failures and Defects using HP Quality Center and Team Foundation Server (TFS) and provide management with Regression Test Reports and Progress Reports.
- Use d Clear Quest to log defects and coordinated with developers in resolving the defects .
- Responsible for estimating required resource and components for SOA testing.
- Used python scripting for automating user tasks.
- Extensively used LoadRunner for Performance / Load/Stress and Volume testing.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used Firebug to do web based testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Involved in web and windows projects, with both C# and VB.NET using CodedUI automation tool.
- Involved in coding by utilizing ASP.Net and composed stored procedures and triggers in SQL Server
- Involve d in We b S e r vic es Te s ti ng us ing S OAPUI with rest to cr e ate a nd e x e c ute a uto ma t e d f u n c tiona l, r eg r e s s io n, co mp lia nc e, a nd loa d te s ts .
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
Confidential, Branchville, NJ
Sr Automation Test Engineer
- Analysis of Business and Requirement Specifications. Designing Test Lab and formulation of Test Strategy, Test Plans Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular JS, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Developed Test Frameworks in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test Automation (Java /TestNG).
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Experienced in working with Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) where test plans are stored and results on Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Worked with IBM Curram to decrease the amount of administration and paperwork in delivering human services to end users
- Experience with validating data through services testing using tools like READYAPI, POSTMAN.
- The entire Ruby scripting done using Cucumber framework Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Used Selenium and Python to script a custom visual comparison tool for regression testing web-based applications.
- Experience in working on Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD) scripts with Cucumber by writing step definitions for Gherkin based features.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML ids and XPATH in Selenium.
- Performed Regression testing for new builds and every modification in the application using Selenium.
- Tested the various Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) spanning across various web services using SOAP and WSDL across various applications using SOAP UI.
- Reported software defects in Quality Center and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using Quality Center.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test driven development (TDD).
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Maintained Metrics and participated in the Weekly Status Updates showing the progress of the testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, SDET,Python, Jenkins, Cucumber, SOAP UI, Maven, Appium (Android), TestNG, Quality Center, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Team Foundation Server (TFS), Internet of Things (IOT), Firepath, Firebug, Eclipse, XPATH, Java, HTML, CSS, TDD, Android, SQL, Oracle and Windows, JMeter.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Automation Test Engineer
- Analyzed Business Requirements, Functional Specs and designed the requirements in Quality Center.
- Responsible for the development and execution of test plans, test scenarios, test scripts
- Executed and maintained manual test scripts from Quality Center.
- Used Mercury quality center to track, analyze and document defects.
- Performed Integration testing, System testing, End-to- End, Adhoc and Regression testing.
- Wrote and executed SQL Statements to retrieve data from back-end.
- Performed cross-browsing testing to verify if the application provides accurate information in different (IE, Netscape, AOL) browsers.
- Logged and managed defects using Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) defect management tool.
- Analyzed the Discrepancies, severity, tracking system and reporting through HP ALM.
- Also tested ETL processes that updated the data marts
- Developed Keyword Driven Automation Framework for testing the application
- Wrote re-usable functions in QTP for supporting regression test suite
- Used SSAS to provide Online Analytical processing and data mining functionalities for BI applications.
- Involved in Troubleshooting the issues and fixing the test cases.
- Reported the defects in Quality Center and prepared defect reports for each build
- Report daily on task progress and weekly on task completion, milestones and roadblocks
- Participated in weekly meetings with development and QA Team
Environment: Java, J2EE, XML, HTML, CSS, IIS, SQL Server, SQL, Quality Center 9.0, Load Runner, SVN.
Confidential, Malvern, Pennsylvania
Automation Test Engineer
- Developed, monitored and enforced release management processes and policies in support of cross-domain configuration integration, testing, completeness and consistency.
- Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and web driver.
- Attend requirement meeting with Business Analysts/ Business Users.
- Prepare Test Plan for manual testing for different releases that covers GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Interface Testing, End-to-End Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Working Knowledge in Defect Tracking, Report generation and requirement tracking throughout the test life cycle using JIRA.
- Experience in SOAP and RESTful web services testing.
- Created Driver Script using VB Script to execute QTP application automatically and run number of automated scripts simultaneously.
- Developing Parameterization and Data Base Queries/Connectivity's using VB Script in QTP/UFT.
- Develop test data for Regression testing.
- Test the application in Production, Development, UAT Environment
- Performed Coded UI automation testing for the application using Microsoft Test Manager
- Designed and Developed automation script using Selenium IDE and web driver
- Create, Execute and maintain over 200 test cases through Quality Center for functional, UI and device testing
- Performed Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data using Selenium. Optimized and maintained existing, developed new automation framework via Selenium
Environment: Java, TestNG, Selenium Web Driver, HTML, XML, MySQL, UNIX, JIRA, Jenkins, Maven, Java Script, REST API
Confidential, Greenwich, Connecticut
Automation Test Engineer
- Created and executed automated test scripts using QTP for functional, integration and regression testing.
- Defined types of tests and identified the objectives.
- Created test plan, test cases and test scripts and followed Agile development process.
- Defined test goals for sprints (Agile Process).
- Conducted functional, integration and regression testing of Web Services using Soap UI.
- Performed Database testing by writing and running SQL queries.
- Presenting the Test Reports and Status reports on a Weekly/Monthly basis to the Project Team and discussing the next release cycle.
- Interacted with the Developers and Business Analysts on a regular basis to resolve issues.
- Completely involved in test management in Quality Center.
- Open defects and work closely with development of getting issues resolved in timely manner.
- Work on data preparation for different test scenarios including negative testing to provide accurate delivery of overall functionality of the product.
- Attended weekly Status Meetings and present QA status to the Manager.
- Ability to collaborate with testers, developers, project managers and other team members in testing complex projects.
- Participated in automation development review meetings.
Environment: Selenium IDE/RC/Grid, Junit, WinRunner, QuickTest Pro, SQL, WebLogic, Windows, waterfall.
- Understood the Client Requirements and converted them in to Test Requirements.
- Analyzed the dependencies over the End User Requirement.
- Actively involved in the preparation of the Test Plan.
- Designed the Test Cases and the Test Data .
- Involved in the testing such as Functional, GUI, and Regression using Quick Test Pro .
- Reported the defects through Quality Center and various matrices using MS Office .
- Involved in Functionality, Black box, Integration and System of the application using .
- Reviewed the reported Test Cases. Participated in status meetings and prepared documentations.
- Reported status to the client in various matrix forms.
- Responsible for Data setup for System testing.
- Was responsible for Bug Report generation and defect tracking using Quality Centre
- Wrote MSSQL queries to interact with the database and test/validate data.
Environment: QTP, Java, Quality Center, Silk Central Test Manager, MSSQL 2000, Windows.