- 6+ years of experience in Information Technology with emphasis on Quality Assurance which includes Desktop and Web based applications.
- Experience in working in onsite/offshore model as a Sr. Quality Engineer with strong verbal and written communication skills and leadership skills. Involved in providing Test Estimates for various phases of the project and planning/defining test strategies and coordinating test efforts for various iterations.
- Verification and Validation of Financial experience in Investment Banking, Online Banking, Core Banking.
- Worked on Selenium IDE and creating Scripts in Selenium RC, WebDriver by using Java.
- Expertise in System Requirement Analysis, GUI Testing, functionality testing, Exploratory testing, Black box techniques, Regression Testing, Sanity Testing, Compatibility testing, AdHoc Testing, Smoke testing, System testing and RBT (Risk Based testing).
- Worked on automation Test Scripts using Selenium to support test automation.
- Experience in performing Backend Testing (Oracle and SQL Server).
- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), agile development models, Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Logging and Tracking Defects in all the phases with major responsibilities.
- Extensively involved in Defect Reporting and Defect tracking process using MS - Excel, and Quality Center (QC), JIRA, ALM.
- Specialized in analyzing functional specifications and writing Test Plans, Test cases, executing test cases in MS-Excel and Quality Center (QC).
- Worked with Development and Requirements Analysts to define Test Scenarios and ensure that test requirements are correct and complete.
- Good exposure in creating documents (QA Status Report, QA Summary Reports, QA Test Logs, issue and defects) to apprise project team members as to the status of meeting defined quality goals.
- Participated in Requirements review and supported in Production Verification Testing.
- Work across multiple cross-functional teams to execute full system, interface, and end-to-end testing.
- Worked extensively on creating Traceability Matrix between Requirements and Test Cases using HP Quality Center (QC).
- Strong understanding of software Test Methodologies and knowledge of modern software development processes, including Issue/Bug Tacking, Release management, Requirements etc
- Worked on both Manual and Automated testing using ALM, HP Quality Center (QC) for Defects and, Selenium for Automation.
- Coordinated testing efforts and effectively managed Off-Shore teams.
- Strong understanding of quality standards such as CMMI Level 5.
LANGUAGES: C, C++, Java, XML, SQL, Java Script, VB Script
OS: Windows, Linux/UNIX
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Test Management Tools: Selenium, QTP, HP Quality Center, ALM
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, ALM, JIRA
Other Tools: Toad, Putty, MS Office Suite, Rational Suite, VM Ware Player, Clear Case
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Confidential, Newark, DE
- Involved in analyzing the Business requirements and System specifications to understand the Application's Upstream and downstream workflow.
- Involved in BA role for analysis of SEO Text Component (Search Engine Optimization).
- Designed and Documented Test Procedures and Test Cases for User Acceptance, Functional and System Integration Testing.
- Participated in the pre-test phases, such as establishing the test scenarios.
- Developed Test Cases based on the requirements and documented them in accordance with business rules and other operating conditions;
- Created SQL queries for Backend Testing and verified and validated the database updates of the records.
- Creating custom reports from Quality Center Database.
- Inserted Check Points to Check for the broken Links, Text, and standard properties of an object using QTP.
- Strong hands-on experience in maintaining and using IBM Rational Clear Quest for Defect reporting, tracking & Change Management.
- Created User Defined Functions in QTP
- Worked on both Expert view and Keyword view in QTP.
- Automating scripts on Chase.com Credit cards, checking page using Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber and Groovy to check the functionality of the application.
- Performed Manual Testing for Functionality, Regression, End2end and System Integration testing of the application.
- Interacted with Developers in fixing the bugs and logging them in Quality Centre, JIRA
- Participated in root cause analysis for defects and provided process improvement suggestions to eliminate future occurrences of similar defects.
- Worked on Script Remediation on Work Orders post release.
Environment: Oracle, HP Quality Center, Toad, HP-UX, Microsoft Test Manager
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Interacted with Business Analysts, Developers and End-Users to design detailed test plan document for application testing.
- Provided assistance to team members to clarify functional and technical difficulties...
- Analyzed functional specifications from the front-end application with reference to requirement documents.
- Tested the brokerage and financial services applications like Equities, Fixed Income, Investment Research, Investment Deposits, Accounts (Accounts Activity, Balance & Holdings, and Portfolio Management), E-statements, Retail Consumer Lending, Mortgage Modules and Integration Modules.
- Worked on Scrum methodology.
- Set up the Hybrid Automation Framework for QTP
- Tested the transmission of messages by using the SWIFT application.
- Involved in the creation of test plan, test cases and test scripts for a cash-wire application.
- Validating the SWIFT and CHIP messages to have a correct format.
- Involved in the System Integration Testing of the Cash-wire application.
- Tested the front-end application where the Wire Transfers transaction took place from one bank to another bank.
- Also tested the brokerage and financial services applications like Equities, Fixed Income, Investment Research, Investment Deposits, Accounts (Accounts Activity, Balance & Holdings, and Portfolio Management), E-statements, Retail Consumer Lending, Mortgage Modules and Integration Modules.
- Prepared test environments using VMware workstation and Web Browsers for cross-browser testing
- Extensively used HP Quality Center to upload requirements, write test cases.
- Inserted XML checkpoints.
- Performed Integration Testing and Batch Testing in QTP.
- Used Parameterization for using various data to test the application using QTP.
- Performed Negative testing to find how the functions and variables perform when they encounters invalid and unexpected values.
- Ability to develop automated scripts from scratch which are unable and maintainable
- Used QTP for functional and regression testing of the application.
- Involved in Keyword driven approach for automation to minimize the changes for QTP Scripts for future use.
- Extensively worked on QTP scripts in analyzing the business processes and created automation scripts.
- Enhanced the QTP Scripts in expert mode in order to implement efficient test scenarios.
- Performed data driven testing, designed Input/output check points to validate the data and develop effective automated QTP Scripts.
- Developed SQL Queries for checking the Data Transaction.
- Used SQL for Data base queries on UNIX operating systems.
- Responsible to help UAT team to get familiarized with the functionality of application and help them in designing the UAT scenarios.
- Provided regular status updates to the project manager on high priority issues.
- Attended Turnover and Product move meetings.
Environment: HP Quality Center, QTP, VB Script, UNIX, .Net, Clear Quest, VMware, Windows, SQL Server, Microsoft Excel, Oracle ERP Application
Confidential, Newark, DE
- Created Test cases for various scenarios in the Quality Center.
- Created PL/SQL Packages on the QA Environment for efficient testing.
- Tested Oracle Stored Procedure for positive and negative scenarios
- Worked with vendors closely to get appropriate data for testing on QA environment.
- Used SAS to create datasets by merging oracle tables, existing datasets, and delimited text files.
- Validated SAS datasets for tagging bad records based on business rules.
- Validated the lookup functionality of QDE which fetches matched records from data warehouse.
- Performed manual testing executing all the test cases in Quality Center before switching to automation testing.
- Reported defects using HP Quality Center Verified fixes and closed bugs during regression testing.
- Used HP Quality Center to Report, track and, monitor defects.
- Produced Requirements Traceability Matrix to support the application development.
- Imported and exported data from and to Excel to and from QTP.
- Created best practices documents for QTP.
- Performed backend testing for data integrity, Data Accuracy and consistency.
- Executed and Validated UNIX (KSH) Shell Scripts which calls SQL jobs in sequence.
- Executed Test Cases and validated data transformations at various stages.
- Tested suppressions on the main dataset based on business logic and validated results.
- Tested the SAS algorithm on calculation of Delta exposure and assignment of line and level to the chase customers.
- Tested SQL Loader to load data to target tables and validated the exchange of partitions after compete load.
- Worked in Agile, waterfall method Environments adapted and created Test scenarios.
- Logged Defects and tracked them in Quality Center and Documented potential risks identified during testing and reported to project manager.
- Involved in Testing ETL-Informatica various mappings/transformations.
- Coordinating with source systems owners, day-to-day ETL progress monitoring, Data warehouse target schema design (star schema) and maintenance.
- Used extensively Informatica Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow monitor and Repository Manager.
- Executed and tested Perl scripts.
- Tested Sessions, Workflows/Worklets and scheduled them in the Workflow manager and Performance tune them.
Environment: Quality Center, (KSH) Shell Scripting, Perl scripts, PL/SQL, SAS, JAVA, Windows, MS Office, SQL Developer, UNIX.
Confidential, Cherry Hill, NJ
- Analyzed the Business requirements, functional specifications, System Design Documents and Use Case documents
- Applied business requirements definition to align business needs with technical implementation. Created Test cases based on Test Plan and Test Scenarios
- Executed the test cases and scripts by importing them into Quality Center analyzed the test results and documented reports.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, UAT, Regression Testing based on requirements and the software design document
- Written SQL queries for data validation at backend in SQL
- Tested grouping address based on zip code for mailing purpose
- Executed and maintained Regression Suite for Test Scripts and reported defects using Quality Center.
- Extensively used MS - Word/Excel for creating Test cases, documentation and data driven testing
- Developed test cases for Integration testing to test the data flow and data sharing among the systems
- Tested Future Date Capability, Contact History, CMS Activity log of the contacts and Contact Association based on existing data
- Developed Entry & Exit criteria for testing the CMS module.
- Performed Regression Testing using data driven framework on the Automated email to Customers when there is a change
- Used a combination of Mandatory Identifiers and Ordinal Identifiers to identify objects to build a better Shared Object Repository
- Associated Shared Object Repositori es for different actions wherever required
- Flagged all the major defects in the defects module till they are closed by adding them to my favorites in QC
- Tested the application for Broken Links and used Synchronization Points using QTP
- Used Descriptive Programming to Identify Dynamic Objects, capture their Properties and Run Methods on them
- Performed regression testing after fixing the bugs and modifying the application in the next Build
- Developed Entry & Exit criteria and defined the pass and fail standards
- Linked Defects with Requirements, Requirements with Test Plan for better Tracking of the BUGS
- Produced Test Metrics showing the number of test cases executed, number passed, number failed and number left to execute in weekly meetings
- Reported QA activities like process flow, problem resolution, and bug tracking to Project Management teams on daily basis
- Generated various Test metrics, Daily status report, Weekly status reports, Monthly status report, QA Status report, Bug report, and Risk analysis document
- Coordinated with the end users during UAT and reported bugs to the development team
Environment: Informatica, Oracle, Windows/UNIX, Quality Center, Quick Test Professional