Extensive experience in client server and web based application testing including manual and automated software testing techniques using HP Tools. Looking for an0 opportunity where my experience in both manual and automated software testing can be implemented.
Test Management: HP Application Lifecycle Management, Testing Methods.
Regression Testing: HP UFT and Selenium.
Performance/Load: Load Runner.
Defect tracking tools: Quality Center, Clear Quest, JIRA.
Programming Languages: C, C++, JAVA, .NET
Other tools: MS office, MS Project and Visio.
RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle and DB2.
Operating systems: Windows, UNIX, LINUX, DOS, and Mainframe.
Senior QA Engineer
- Participated in CCT Web services XML testing using SoapUI tool.
- Ran the scripts for multiple users using controller in Loadrunner for CCT GUI/API regression/Load testing.
- Integrate Test Automation Framework using Selenium, which enhances the usability of automation scripts, generate regression testing.
- Automated Dynamic Online Intake Application using Selenium Framework and access database.
- Developed approach documents from client requirements which are useful for both Dev and QA in creating design doc and test plan.
- Participated in provisioning end to end test like Activate Lines, Deactivate Lines, Change lines, Change rate plans, Hotline suspend/Activation and many other scenarios of testing.
- Involved in web services testing where CCT calls the other integration layers like MARS, WEST and MTAS.
- Utilized WSDLs and files to perform web services testing using SOAPUI and Load Runner.
- Automated the Multiple operations (with complex messages) in web service calls to perform regression testing for each release using Load Runner.
- Performed Load and concurrent testing in CCT using Load Runner for throttle testing.
- Extensively used UNIX for async responses (Success/Error) for interface systems.
- Using Load Runner analyzed results and created reports in the Load test performed on various environments like QA/Staging/Production.
- Ran shell scripts using UNIX to validate the surepay deactivations and activations.
- Also verified the scripts that are used by resellers or Prod support to upload the new lines to database.
Confidential, Durham, NC
Software Test Engineer
- Developed Test Plan, Test cases, test scenarios, expected results and prioritized tests.
- Wrote test cases, test conditions and test scripts in MS - Excel and exported to Quality Center.
- Worked on Test scenarios for GUI, Functionality, Security, Database and Regression Testing.
- Executed the test cases and compared the expected results with actual results.
- Extensively involved in the Validation of mapping between Source and the Target data being loaded into data warehouse.
- Good understanding of the physical and logical data modeling, dimensional and relational schemas.
- Involved in the validation of transformations applied on source data to load target tables.
- Extensively used SQL for retrieving data used for the data warehouse, Data Driven Tests to validate the same scenario with different test data.
- Wrote SQL queries for database verification and validation of tables which were loaded through ETL process.
- Created reusable actions in UFT to determine the environment (QA/UAT/Prod) by itself each time when we run the scripts. This helps in running the same test scripts in various environments.
- Good knowledge of white box testing.
- Extensively used SQL to retrieve the suitable data from database and validate the data quality.
- Extensively worked on the testing of reports generated using Business objects.
- Attend the Test case review meetings and requirements walkthroughs.
- Responsible for closing the defects being fixed.
- Involved in the preparation of test summary.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Developed Automation Framework, Automation Plan for CPP (care provider Portal).
- Identified Test cases and Developed Automation Scripts in HP QTP to automate defined End to End scenarios for CPP (Care Provider Portal).
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Senior Test Engineer
- Developed Test Plan for every releases of application.
- Developed Test Cases from Use cases Requirement Doc and use case Design Doc.
- Identified Test cases for Regression Testing.
- Introduced Automation best practices, Automation standard and Automation Checklist for UFT.
- Coordinated and Tracked Functional Testing, and Regression Testing.
- Involved with Review and walk thru of Requirements and Detail Design with customer.
- Worked with OEM engineers to address defects and provide logs of failures.
- Involved with Review and walkthrough of Requirements and Design of Project at each Phase of SDLC thru developed checklist.
- Agile Testing Methodology followed and Developed Test Plan including estimation of Test efforts.
- Participated in developing Test case Design by referring User Requirement Doc and Design Doc.
- Managed Test cases Design, Defect Tracking and Requirements traceability in HP Quality Center.
- Involved with Functionality Testing, System Testing, integration, Database Integrity Testing, regression, and Security Testing.
- Object Repository, Synchronization, Checkpoints, Recovery Scenarios and Error Handling used during Automation Scripting.
- TOAD a SQL Navigator tool used during DB Testing and accessed Oracle DB.
- Involved with periodic meeting with Development Team and Business Analyst for Defect triage and resolve the issues.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Software Test Analyst
- Test Core EJB Components such as Content Management components.
- Test of the Application/EJB Components in the IBM WebSphere Application server.
- Understanding the requirements, developing test cases and distributing the ideas to the stakeholders.
- Agile Testing Methodology followed for every release of project.
- Involved with writing SQL Scripts and Queries using SQL Developer and access Oracle DB to Test Cognos Reports.
- Scheduled and tracked the progress of projects and updated project status to Sr. QA manager periodically.
- Actively resolved Technical as well as non-technical issues during test execution.
- Participated with Regression Test after GUI changes.
- Designed and Developed Scripts in Loadrunner and executed Load and Stress Testing for e-claim project successfully.
- Managed Test cases and Defects in HP ALM.
- Created reusable function library in UFT that can be used across various scripts for provisioning/Billing GUI and API/XMLs.
- Reviewed Critical Defects with development team periodically.
- Reviewed Complex Business scenarios and identified Test cases for automation.
- Developed Test Cases from defined use cases with functional converge and complete alternate flow coverage and provided to Client for Test execution.
- Collected Test Metrics to control defects and update project status to Project Manager.