- 6+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance, Information Technology and Testing.
- Proficient in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including test strategy preparation, test plan development, test case creation, test execution and bug tracking.
- Expertise in Manual/Functional Testing, Automation Testing.
- Good working knowledge of Database like MS SQL Server. Experienced in Database design and development and writing SQL statement and stored procedures.
- Have good programming knowledge in C, Visual Basic and VB .NET
- Experience in Black Box testing, Smoke testing, Sanity testing, System testing, Functional testing, Regression testing and UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Experience in working with Different Defect tracking systems like Quality Center, Bugzilla.
- Implemented QA methodologies, practices and processes in different kind of environments including Client/Server, Web and Windows.
- Created detailed QA documentation including QA reports, actively participated in project status meetings.
- Excellent Scripting Knowledge of Mercury’s “Test script Language” (TSL) and VB Script for QTP
- Experience with Test Script Languages, function prototyping, creating Data driven tests, Error handling, debugging.
- Have good Domain Knowledge in domains like Sales, Health Care and Banking.
- Liaise with developers, business analysts, and user representatives in application design and document reviews.
- Superior analytical, troubleshooting, communication and presentation skill.
- Highly motivated, self - starter able to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse technical team.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on any project.
Operating Systems: Windows NT 4/XP/2000/9x
Defect Management Tools: Test Director 8.0, Quality Center 9.x/10.x/11.x, Bugzilla 2.16, Clear Quest 7.1
Methodologies: Waterfall, V-model, Agile, Scrum
Testing Tools: Win Runner 8.2, Quick Test Professional 9.x/10.x, HP Load Runner 8.1, Manager, ALM 11.X/12.X, SOAP UI 2.5, Test Data Warehouse Informatica Power Center 6.2/5.1, Power Mart 5.1/4.7, SQL*Loader
RDBMS: SQL Server 2005, MS-Access 2003, Teradata, Oracle 10.X/11.X
Office Suites: MS-Word. MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS Outlook 2003
Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, C, C++, VB 6.0, .NET 2.0/3.5
Web: HTML, XML, IE, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox, Safari
Version Control: Sharepoint, CVS, Visual SourceSafe, TFS
Tools: Erwin 4.1, Toad 8.x/ 7.x, Squirrel, MS Visio
- Reported and tracked errors through resolution.
- Documented and reported defects to software developers using Outlook and HP,Quality center tracking systems.
- Monitored and tracked defects through resolution.
- Created test plans and test cases.
- Test Execution Executing test scripts as per target test cycles in HP ALM.
- Tested state income tax programs for accuracy, compliance and completeness.
- Identification of defects and reporting them to the client, tracking and getting them fixed with the help of developer and retesting the feature for validation.
- Mapped the requirement with Test cases in Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM)
- Given suggestions to improve product quality.
- Involved in report testing Developed and executed test plans, scripts and cases based on new software requirements/designs and existing software functionality.
- Performed Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test Data.
- Researched and analyzed various state income forms and laws.
Environment: Windows 7, HP ALM 12.1, UFT, Cognos, SQL Server
ETL/ QA Tester
- for writing Test Cases, Test Plans, Test scripts and other test documents based on business requirement.
- Responsible for data validation testing using SQL and executing testing on data Warehousing projects.
- Responsible for developing detailed UAT test plans, conditions, scenarios, cases and related data and participate in UAT planning and execution activities for business and operations participants.
- Determined the level of testing required validating new or revised system capabilities.
- Developed Test Plans and developed Test Cases/Test Strategy with input from the assigned business analysts and data architect.
- Participate in weekly meeting with the management team and walkthroughs
- Developed Test Strategy, Test plan, Test cases, and Test scripts and various other project documentation in HP Quality Center
- Created the test environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources.
- Extraction of test data from tables and loading of data into SQL tables.
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the Informatica Mapping
- Tested the ETL Informatica mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Involved in developing UNIX Korn Shell wrappers to run various dependency graphs.
- Reviewed Business Requirements, System Specs and Training Material for accuracy. Planned, developed and executed test plans, including detailed test scripts.
- Experience in testing and writing SQL and PL/SQL statements.
- Used Informatica ETL tool for Extraction, Transformation and Loading the data into target database.
- Tested ETL Packages, Scripts from development to QA environment.
- Worked with data validation, constraints, record counts, and source to target, row counts, random sampling and error processing.
- Developed test reports and participated in testing prioritization and archived test results and user signoff.
- Involved in extensive data validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
Environment: Informatica Power Center 8.6.1, Ultra Edit, Oracle 10g, PL/SQL, Teradata 13.0, Teradata Parallel Transporter, HP Quality Center 10, XML Files, Flat
- Involved in all stages of testing the Auto & Home Insurance application
- Responsible for testing the Quote & Purchase for both Auto and Home Property Insurance of the customers.
- Performed Regression and Integration Testing and responsible for interacting with developers and especially when Customer enters his Quote such as Discounts, Models of Vehicles etc.
- Worked in Agile development environment with frequently changing requirements and feature sets. Involved in testing data migration from Legacy Systems.
- Extensively worked for Functional and System Testing.
- Performed Functional and Performance Testing on Property and Casualty Modules.
- Designed & Developed Test data.
- Tested the application in Mainframe Test region.
- Tested the validity of the Quote Premiums and Purchase Premiums while comparing the entered Quotes and Purchases.
- Involved in testing the Property & Casualty module, which delivers the online Auto Insurance information related to the accidents.
- Used Win Runner for generating automated Test scripts for functionality and GUI Testing and modified scripts using TSL.
- Performed data driven testing with Data Driven Wizard in Win Runner and enhanced the overall functionality of the application.
- Worked with business owners to determine level of effort required to make/test and changes and perform integration and end-user testing.
- Used Quality Center as repository for requirement analysis, design test cases, Execute test cases.
- Responsible to perform the Quotes and Purchases operations from the Database by running the SQL Queries.
- Used SOAP UI to create web service requests and validated against database.
- Responsible for Conducting the Load, Stress and Performance testing using Load Runner
- Studied application performance and maximum scalability, critical parameter such as number of users, response times, hits per seconds (HPS) and Throughput using Load runner. Used CVS for version controlling and management.
- Used Clearquest for reporting the issues and managing the defect life cycle.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Environment: Windows XP/2000/NT, Visual Basic 6.0, SQL Server 2005, HP Quality Center 9.0, WinRunner 8.2, Load Runner 8.1, MS-Office, SOAP UI 2.5, TSL, CVS, XML, HTML, Clearquest 7.1,MVS
- Analysis of the change request documents.
- Quer log preparation and communicate the same to the Business Analyst.
- Creation of Test case using Test Director.
- Review of the deliverables and delivery of the test cases.
- Implementation of the review comments into test cases.
- Manual and automated test case execution using Test Director and QTP respectively.
- Test Data creation or data fetch from database through SQL Server 2005.
- Database Testing of application.
- Defect logging, tracking and review in Test Director.
- Work with clients to plan and execute integration testing.
- Setting up the defect review call with Business Analyst and the development team.
- Preparation of the Test execution report and share it across with the team.
- Maintaining the reports and other related documents using Visual Source Safe.
Environment: Windows 2000 / XP, VB.Net, ASP.Net, SQL Server 2005, VSS, QTP 9.0, Test Director 8.0