- Over 8 years experience in Quality Assurance, Manual Testing, Software Test Automation for Client/Server and n - tier architecture web applications
- Proficient with SDLC methodologies for Waterfall, Iterative and Agile (Scrum)
- Expertise in Manual and Automated Testing of applications for Windows, Unix and Mid Range Environment with Quality standards IEE/ISO/CMM.
- Expertise in testing Client/Server, Legacy, Web Applications GUI and Non - GUI Applications.
- Have knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines while Testing Web Applications .
- Strongly experienced in SOA Architecture and participated in its Design and Implementation
- Proficient in writing Test Plans and Test Cases for both Manual and Automated Testing
- Strong analytical experience with functional specifications while performing Client/Server Testing, Web based Application Testing which constitutes GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Database Testing, Load and Stress Testing .
- Strong Expereince in BackEnd Testing, DB packages, Store Procedures, hooks and Functions.
- Extensive experience in Black Box and White Box testing methods.
- Experience with automated test tools such as WinRunner Quick Test Pro, LoadRunner, TestDirector/Quality Centee, TestComplete, Selanium.
- Have worked with Test Director/Quality Center to Create Test Plans, Execute Test cases from Test Lab, Report bugs using Defect Tracker along with generating customized reports.
- Experienced in tagging up Requirements with Test cases execution for Traceability Matrix and created Testplan document using Document Generator for other teams and management reviews.
- Experience in using Performance testing tools with LoadRunner, Mindreef and WebServices Crusher to perform load and Webservices testings for older projects and SoapUI for recent projects
- Strongly experienced in creating complex SQL Queries during DB Testing.
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills with ability to quickly identify, recommend and implement changes to enhance the effectiveness of performance of the application.
- Responsible for collecting metrics for bug count, Test plan completeness, Test set Execution and Bug count for QA status meetings.
- Efficient in Product Demo through Power Point demonstration to the Project team and Management.
- Possess good Judgment skills to ensure accuracy of testing the Application
- Effectively communicate with managers and IT Team and maintain good co-ordination
- Ability to work independently and with Team members in the group while meeting deadlines.
Languages: JAVA 2, C, C++, C#, VB, XML SAP, MS CRM.
Automation Tools: WinRunner, Quality Center/Test Director, Load Runner, QuickTestPro, Actional 8 and
Test Complete, Mindreef, Soap UI, WSCrusher,SoapUI
Data bases: MS Access, DB2 7.0, Oracle 9i/ 8.i, SQL Server, Developer 2000
Protocols: HTTP/HTML, SOAP, FTP, SFTP.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator. Mozilla Firefox,Google Chrome
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, UNIX (Solaris), Windows 8 /10
Application Servers: WebSphere Tomcat 5.0/4.0, Web Logic 7. x/6x
Web Servers: IIS 5.0, Iplanet 4.1, Java Web Server2.0
Frameworks: . NET and J2EE.
Mail Clients: Lotus Notes and MS Outlook Express, Office Communicator.
Desktop applications: Office 365
Sr . Quality Assurance Analyst
- Participated in Daily standup Scrum Meeting, Product Review, Design Meetings,, Test Cases Review Meeting, Bug Triage Meeting and Deployment meetings throughout Product Development.
- Responsible for creating Master Test Plan and Test Cases for multiple Projects in sync with Business Requirements.
- Reviewed, Analyzed features / functionalities that integrate from the Core application to the subsequent newly developed modules and Plug-ins.
- Played active Role as scrum member during Sprint planning, Vertical Slicing of the daily deliverables, during sprint and retrospective meetings after each sprint.
- Actively participated in Data Migration and Data Integration Testing post Company Merge/Acquisition.
- Responsible for Extensive Web Services testing, validating XML Schemas,Requests and Responses and Automation of WebServices testing using inhouse Tool WS Client and SOAP UI
- Involved in Load Testing by creating Webservices script(WebServices protocol) within VUGen, Designed and Executed scenarios from Performance Center using Load Runner.
- Actively participated in testing Voyager Client Server Applications via different browsers and respective Aspx pages and UI Reports and performed automation testing using Test Anywhere, Test Complete and Selenium IDE for record and playback
- Responsible for testing Website secured users and DBO Users, permissions and credentials for RoleBased testing.
- Performed Backend Testing Client Databases and Third Party Integration using complex SQL queries.
- Expertise in DataWarehouse testing End to End ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) Processing for data transfer from one system to other.
- Performed SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) Package testing including Error and Data handling.
- Performed extensive End to End testing for EDI (Electronic Data Interchange ) Process, including Errorhandling and Data Edits.
- Performed mobile testing of inhouse Purchase Orders, Work Orders and Inventory Control Modules on both
- Android(Samsung,LG,Nexis and IOS(Apple iphone,ipad)Model phones with its multiple released versions
- Responsible in testing Third Party Applications like EnergyCap and its Integration with the Core Voyager Software
- Reported Issues and Defects using Defects Tracking Tools like ALM, JIRA and YCRM.
- Participated and coordinated with off shore teams for Product walkthroughs, knowledge Transfer during development process.
- Hands on practice in deploying Build Packages, Plugin Installation and Database schema updates using in House Voyager workstation Admin Tool that integrated with build Test Webshare.
- Designed Customer Test cases and Setup Test Data, Test documentation and co-ordinate/support UAT Testing
- Actively participated in investigating and troubleshooting Production issues and further drill down while performing
- Root Cause Analysis for the issues.
- Collaborating with the documentation team (technical writers) regarding features and ensuring the content is accurate within Help documents and User guides etc.
- Participating in overall discussion plans for products to understand the overall intent and business process for the intent of the software being designed.
- Played major role as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on Yardi numerous software modules.
- Executing a Test plans, reviewing software and providing final sign off and Release Software and validated in Clients SandBox environments.
- Expertise in Test Bed Management for setting up QA Test environment installing Plugins, DB Schema updates, setup a webpage with db connections end to end.
- Reviewing Build Deployments for the target changes as planned while validating the software
Environment: Yardi proprietary software, MS SQL Server and Oracle,Visual Basic 7.0, Java, JSP, Java Script, ASP.NET 4.0, AS400,VisualBasic 7.0, C#, HTML, C++, XML and VB Script. IIS, BizTalk, MS Dynamics, YCRM, SAP, YCMM, CoreVoyager, YES-Utility Resident Billing,Voyager, DB, MS SharePoint, Yardi-Orion, JIRA,VOYAGER- YCRM, TFS,, Snagit, BeyondCompare, Micosoft skype.
Sr . Quality Assurance Analyst
- Worked with Waterfall, Iterative and Agile/Scrum methodology throughout the SDLC for multiple projects.
- Created TestPlans, TestCases for User Stories in Sprints using Quality Center and Version One as per acceptance criteria and technical discussions.
- Actively participated in Sprint Planning, Tasking, Design, Code Reviews, TestCase Review and Production Deployment meetings.
- Responsible for testing WebServices, WSSP Web Services, XML Interfaces with various Web Methods using Mindreef/Actional 8 testing tools.
- Tested WebServices Artifacts, Maps and workflows and calls to complex database base inserts and retrievals.
- Extensively involved in validating XML Request and Responses.
- Involved in testing Web Service Memory Leaks and Load Balancing validating Round Robin processing etc.,
- Performed Integration Testing, End to End Testing for each Web Service.
- Strongly involved in System to System testing for, UI and WebServices from XML Interfaces.
- Tested vigorously XML integration of Third Party Vendors such as Experian, TU, Lexus Nexus and FIS.
- Performed Data Driven Testing by running multiple iterations with different Data grids.
- Solid Experience in creating and executing automated tests of web services using Mindreef/Actional 8
- Performed Web Services Load Testing and created Web Metrics
- Involved in Data Migration testing for different Data Centers.
- Strongly experienced in testing Web Applications, Batch Files, Crystal Reports and Legacy applications.
- Extensively tested Consumer Scanner, BIF Aware, and Checking Data applications via FTP sites using PGP Encryption for Web Services.
- DB validation testing by executing complex SQL Queries and StoreProcs.
- Used Test Complete to perform automation testing for GUI Applications after manually tested.
- Provided Customer support by creating Test cases exclusively for Business Clients.
- Prepared Smoke/Sanity Testing check list document after every new build and deployment.
- Supported UAT and Staging Environment Deployments and Testing
- Responsible for testing Hot fix, Point Release and Main Releases in Production.
- Presented Demo to Developers, QA team and Product owners for overall application functionality.
- Ability to Research and Troubleshoot during Customer Test and Production Environments
- Used Defect Tracking Tools with QC, Ontime2010 and Version 8.
ENVIRONMENT: SOA, Visual Basic 6, .Net 4, C++, C Sharp, XML, SQL, MS SQL 2008, Application Servers, FTP, HTTP, SOAP, WSDL, Socket Adapters, Service Broker Webservices, Service Registry, MS SQL Server, IIS, Cheetah, Tiger ( inhouse ) Mindreef/Actional 8 SOAP Scope, Axosoft Ontime 2007 ver. 7.1. CompareIt, IE7.0 Windows XP, MS Office Suite, Text Editor, Office Communicator . Third party tools Name search (Tech Safari) and Name Parsing( Satori), Version one and Share Point.
QA / Tester
- Participated in Business Analysis for Requirements Review and Technical specs inspection.
- Involved in writing Test plans and developing Test cases from Business Requirements using Quality Center.
- Responsible for doing Black Box Testing with Manual testing the Application.
- Participated extensively in Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Regression testing and System Testing.
- Performed Manual Testing and commenced Automated Testing when the Application UI stabilized.
- Enhanced TSL Test scripts with synchronization and inserted Text checkpoints, Bitmap checkpoint for greater testing accuracy.
- Developed automated test scripts using TSL in Win Runner and VB Scripts in QTP.
- Participated in scripts migration while executing WR scripts from QTP tool.
- Updated Object Repository in QTP for the enhancements, while updating existing scripts
- Conducted Negative Tests like Invalid Data Tests, Bad Credential Test and Connectivity Test .
- Using Load Runner analyzed the response times of the business transactions under load.
- Developed reports and graphs from LoadRunner to present the stress test result to management.
- Used FTP commands to download and upload file logs from Remote center to local host and local host to remote center.
- Reported bugs using defect tracker of Test Director and generated Bug Tracking, progress Tracking and status Tracking Reports for QA Meetings.
- Responsible for backend testing using complex SQL Queries to test Application databases.
- Interacted with developers, Business Analysts and QA team to discuss complicated defects and their priorities.
Environment: JAVA 2.0, J2EE 1.2, SQL, Oracle 8i, Java Script, JHTML, HTML, XML, Visio, WINNT, Solaris, WEBLOGIC 5.0, MS Office Suite, DB2, Mainframe. C++, WinRunner 7.5, QTP 8.2 /6.0, LoadRunner 7.5, PVCS and Quality Center/Test Director 8.0/7.0, Lotus Notes.