- Over 7 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance, in the areas of development and maintenance of Web based applications.
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in BDD environment with Selenium WebDriver, Java and Cucumber JVM.
- Exposure to different development methodologies like Waterfall Model, Iterative and Agile development.
- Experience in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, GUI Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing and UAT.
- Experience in conducting batch testing and data - driven testing using parameterization to test application with different sets of data.
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC/WebDriver, and Selenium GRID), Junit, TestNG, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Cucumber, Jbehave, Eclipse and preparation of automation test framework.
- Experience with requirement analysis, converting requirements to test scripts and automate them for regression suite.
- Hands on experience in reporting defects by using HP Quality Center, track, and verify resolution of software and specification defects along with documentations of all phases and involved in complete SDLC.
- Expertise in documenting and executing test cases manually and generating automated scripts using Selenium IDE, RC and WebDriver.
- Experience with preparing test plans, test strategy documents and presenting them to the project managers.
- Proficient in creating automation script from scratch. Sound knowledge of developing different type of frameworks like Module driven, Data driven and Hybrid framework.
- Strong experience in Manual and Automation Testing of client Server, Web based Applications, Web Design, API and SOAP UIs. Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, IBM Clear Quest, BugZilla etc.
- Experience with source version control tools such as Git & Subversion (SVN).
- Sound knowledge on Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concept. Extensively used Java for test case automation.
- Professional and Analytical skills coupled with Good Communication and Interpersonal skills describing a committed Team Player and Team Leader.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Able to handle pressure and work independently during close timelines in agile sprints environment.
Testing tools: QTP, Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, HP Quality Center, Junit, Jmeter, TestNG, JIRA, SOAP UI, Cucumber
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, Servlets, JDBC, JSP.
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center, JIRA, Clear Quest
Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, SQL, PL/SQL
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint, MS Access, Agile & Waterfall
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari
Databases: SQL Server 2005, 2008R2, Oracle 11g/10g & MS Access 2007
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8 & server 2003, UNIX and Linux
Confidential, Rochester, MN
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
- Identified the test cases to be automated and performed data driven testing and GUI Check Points using Selenium WebDriver and enhanced the overall functionality of the application.
- Developed the test cases based on FSD'S and Business Rules and for Web Client test cases based on Use Cases, Wire Frames, Annotated Documents and Business Rules.
- Developed functional automation scripts for the report generation module using tools Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Using BDD cucumber framework to analyze the user-story and writing acceptance criteria.
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Performed Regression Testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed all aspects of verification including Smoke testing, Functional testing and Regression testing on major functionalities of the application.
- Performed Automation Testing of each Build and then Regression testing on each builds using C# and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed automation scripts with web driver, testing for UI functionality for integration testing and regression testing using Java as language.
- Developed and Executed TestNG Test Cases using Eclipse IDE.
- Automated UI functional tests using Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNG.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java.
- Integrated the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Set up the Maven build pom.xml file and surefire reports for continuous integration test in Jenkins .
- Set up the different builds in Jenkins and deployed the scripts on Apache Tomcat.
- Worked on acceptance testing using Cucumber and Selenium WebDriver.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to show the test coverage requirement vs. Test scripts.
- Performed automated testing with Spec Flow.
- Performed Input Validations, User Interface Validations, Browser Compatibility testing and Navigation testing.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to access webpage script variables.
- Optimized Quick Test Professional (QTP) scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types.
- Performed Backend testing to verify the data integrity by passing SQL Queries .
- Defect Reporting, Analyzing, Tracking and Report Generation using ClearQuest.
- Attended daily scrum meetings as part of Agile sprints to track the project, report issues with testing and discuss on bugs opened.
- Worked closely with developers for testing fixed bugs, and other teams of the project for requirement analysis.
- Responsible for providing production support during deployment over the weekends or after hours.
QA Automation Engineer
- Writing and executing software system test plans and test cases. These scripts were developed after reviewing the business requirements documents and technical specifications documents.
- Created Automation script using Selenium WebDriver. Executed scripts on different browser and different platform.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Junit.
- Worked closely with Agile Scrum team from several domains to ensure product testability while running Regression tests in Selenium WebDriver using Junit, and maintained test environments used for white box testing during new product releases.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, Junit functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed and Executed Junit Test Cases using Eclipse IDE.
- Used Ant, SVN, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Java and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Utilized various tools to streamline the testing: Jenkins, Firebug, etc.
- Involved in testing compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Simulated the JSON processor Jackson library for constructing and comparing JSON request and response for consuming REST based services.
- Developed Selenium test scripts using C#.
- Responsible for Back-end API testing with SOAP UI and coding in Groovy and Java.
- Installed, configured SOAP UI to test web services using WSDL file given by Development team.
- Designed and developed test framework based on SOAP UI API, which can support data-driven test, switching test environment, running test case selected and automatically generating test report in CSV format.
- Worked on Cucumber Testing applications and Responsible for preparing weekly status reports and validated the back-end data using SQL queries for data integrity.
- Used Jira for repository, reporting and tracking bugs, and providing updates on resolved bugs.
- Developed SQL queries to query database to test backend process of application.
- Attended the daily Bug review meetings, weekly status meetings and walkthroughs and interacted with Business Analysts and Developers for resolving Defects.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Ant, C#, Jenkins, Junit, SOAP UI, Jira, Eclipse IDE, Xpath, JSON, XML, CSS, HTML, Firebug, internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, SQL, Oracle and Windows.Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in the development of Test plan, Scenarios and Test scripts for manual, automation and performance testing of the various applications.
- Interacted with Business Analysts on regular basis to understand the Business Requirements.
- Developed automated scripts for Automated Regression Testing using Selenium RC.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium.
- Designed High Level Test Cases or Scenarios that map back to High Level Requirements and Use Cases.
- Developed scripts for all manual Test cases using Junit.
- Exported HTML Test case to Test Suite and then run on other browsers using Selenium RC.
- Performed UI testing, Database testing after reviewing the story cards and database diagram.
- Performed Web Services testing and Validated XML request/response data using SOAP UI.
- Tested SOAP-based Web Services for enrolling customers, getting insurance information, creating claims.
- Performed Regression Testing of different modules automated in SOAP UI.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Involved in testing the database and data validation using SQL Queries.
- Reported the Coverage status of test performed on the daily/weekly basis.
Environment: Java, Selenium RC, Junit, Quality Center, SOAP UI, HTML, XML, XPATH, SQL, Oracle, Windows XP.Confidential, Knoxville, TN
- Analysis of functional specifications and designing Test Plans, Test cases for Functional Testing.
- Actively participation in GUI testing, Functional testing, System testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing.
- Involved in integration testing of different modules.
- Modification and execution of Testcase Scripts (Java-Selenium RC) in Eclipse IDE, design of automation test framework (Junit and ANT).
- Performed records, enhanced, and plays back test in Fire fox using Selenium IDE.
- Performed requirements Analysis, Risk analysis, Dependency Analysis and Issues/Problems Analysis.
- Designing and documenting the test cases in a fast paced environment.
- Collaboration with development and other QA on test execution.
- Analysis and isolation of issues reported from clients.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Used SQL Queries for backend testing to check the data integrity and data consistency.
- Interaction with developers to report software bugs and re-test the fixed issues.
- Involved in Creating check lists for testing team.
- Created test plans and test cases in concert with system engineers and web designers.
- Involved validating sites across browsers and operating systems, the accuracy of links, visual presentation and its alignment with design specifications, and database updates.
- Tested the application manually prior to automation for functional testing.
- Performed Manual performance testing to identify various critical points in the application.
- Created Test Cases Test Plans and Test labs using Quality Centre.
- Supported new and existing products by configuring and testing software products and software components of a website.
- Provided Estimates for testing and updated the Project Plan with the testing timelines.
- Wrote SQL queries and statements to test database for retrieving information.
- Coordinated the walkthrough and kickoff meetings with developers and project managers.
Environment: Java, Quality Center, BugZilla, Oracle, SQL, Windows.