- IT professional with 17 years of experience, track record of achievements, profound knowledge of SDLC and substantial skills in the QA practices.
- Develop and communicate strategic plans including project plans, schedules, resource utilization, and budget.
- Play a leadership role on major technology decisions and initiatives in a manner that will enable the overall Technology Function and the Business to achieve its long - term objectives.
- Understand the business goals of the company and orient development teams to support those goals.
- Strong experience developing new and improving existing Automation Frameworks.
- Ability to form results-oriented culture focused on hitting milestones and achieving goals.
- Practical experience with the Continuous Integration DevOps, rapid development and deployment models.
- Collaborate with management across departments to ensure project and company success.
- Work closely and effectively with people in different processes of SDLC. This includes Project Managers, Developers, Business Analysts, Database and Systems Administrators.
- Capable of managing changes and identifying project risks.
- Possess the ability to interest and convince others when changes are required.
- Overall reporting and oversight using various tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to a broad range of audiences with ability to persuade across all levels of the organization.
- IT visionary with broad knowledge of software development and ability to grow and manage teams.
- Innovative individual who leads fearlessly and builds the architecture, and design for test management across SDLC.
- Experience in planning and implementation of continuous delivery, DevOps, agile methodology, and transitioning to agile from waterfall.
- Proven ability to hire, coach, manage motivate and inspire resources to improve their performance, overall efficiency and meet business commitments.
- QA architect specializing in design, implementation and improvement of automated testing frameworks.
- Defining and establishing guidelines for best practices in overall software development stage (including requirements, development and testing phases).
- Agile Coaching with emphasis on quality, transitioning to Agile, and leading agile teams as well as participating as a Scrum master.
- Managing and leading small and large teams for both onshore and offshore.
- Development and implementation of best practices across entire software development course.
HP Quick Test Professional: Completed Training Course in QTP 9.0 by Mercury and obtained the Certificate of completion.
HP Quality Center: Completed Training Course in QC 8.0 by Mercury and obtained the Certificate of completion.
Tools: SoapUI, Groovy, VBScript, Atlassian Jira, Jenkins, Git, SourceTree, Perforce, Robot Framework, XML, SQL, Oracle, Windows, Linux, FTP.
Sr. QA Architect/Scrum Master/Agile Coach
Confidential, Roseville, MN
- Implementing process improvement for the entire project by analyzing gaps in the quality, enhancing test suites within Robot Framework and Selenium, overseeing testing approach for fifteen agile teams and applying QA best practices on Enterprise level.
- Managing test automation for databases provisioning and replication project.
- Heavy coordination with Architects, QA and Development managers, Product Owners, Project Managers and Scrum masters on applying Continuous Integration, DevOps, rapid development and deployment, and test automation model.
- Leveraged technical capabilities as well as strategic thinking, leadership and communication skills to consistently deliver a wide range of critical activities in concert with other groups in the organization.
- Defining guidelines on quality and written Acceptance Criteria standard which drives development and testing, for all agile teams.
- Coaching resources on user stories testing, design of test scenarios for unit, integration, component, functional and end-to-end testing based on requirements.
- Scrum master for an agile team.
- Participating in the Scrum of Scrum group which is responsible for defining agile approach for the enterprise.
- Orchestrate the daily processes of the engineering team including leading the Agile process and enforcing good engineering practices.
- Overall oversight and project reporting utilizing customized Jira reports to gather proper data for analyses.
Sr. QA Automation Architect
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Managing QA activities with emphasis of Agile methodology.
- Guide QA resources in design and execution of test sets
- Build framework for QA testing process
- Analysis of spikes, including API spec and Data Mapping documents, to insure that requirements are clearly defined and ready for commitment.
- Review stories with Developers lead before commit, in order to accurately estimate work effort.
- Work with QA resource to help setup process/path for story testing.
- Coach/train QA on testing within Agile and QA best practices implementation.
- Design and execute test cases.
- Build test regression and smoke suites.
- Maintain and update regression spreadsheet.
- Log, follow-up and retest defects.
- Planning and prioritizing QA activities.
Sr. QA Automation Lead
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Leading QA (manual/automation) effort for Agile team on four projects.
- Tracking daily progress of the stories and work closely with the team to set priorities and resolve any existing defects.
- Designing new and maintaining existing regression/smoke tests using SoapUI and groovy code for XML messages validation, API testing, SQL and Oracle data validation.
- Working closely with other Agile teams on establishing testing guidelines, implementing QA best practices, evaluating different testing tools and choosing the overall automation strategy for the company.
- Reporting test results progress, incidents, defects and other quality metrics to management team.
- Working with product owner to define the testing criteria for the stories.
- Responsible for maintaining groovy libraries and test data across multiple environments (Development, QA and Production).
- Working with DB team on test data setup/cleanup in all environments across nine databases.
- Coordinate work with System Administrators to insure that configurations for testing requirements are setup on Windows and Linux servers.
- Identifying future automated testing needs, scope, plan and supervise their creation.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
Sr. QA Automation Lead
Confidential, Minnetonka, MN
- Lead QA automation team (3 offshore and 2 senior onshore resources).
- Track daily team progress and provide weekly reporting to the management.
- Coordinate work with application managers, SAs, BAs, SMEs and developers to identify priority and good candidates for the new QA automation projects and timely project integration.
- Make decisions on which approach will be taken for the future automation projects.
- Perform heads-down scripting in QTP (functional test automation) and in QC (workflow automation) with complex automated scripts with custom checkpoint, xml and DB validation for regression, smoke and production testing.
- Monitor and design Object Repositories and Function Libraries for automated scripts on various projects.
- Administrate QC project for entire QA team (over 45 people onshore and 70 offshore), tasks include but are not limited to: setting up frameworks, monitoring activities and performing other maintenance activities.
- Recognized by peers as a valuable teammate who is able to help in the development and implementation of an effective technology strategy.
- Develop and present guidelines for automation teams on framework setup, scripting and overall integration of QA processes into SDLC in line with best practices in S/W QA industry.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Analyzed requirement specifications in order to use them adequately in manual or automated test script creation. These include End-user, Operational, Platform, Corporate, Compliance and Software requirements.
- Collected necessary real life data including additional statistical application usage information, input and corresponding output data and more to be used with tests. Worked with Subject Matter Experts, End Users and Business analysts to determine realistic expected results for different business scenarios.
- Used automated test tools to create and execute tests as well as to analyze and document test results in order to assure the quality and that the delivered functionality meets the desired results.
- Performed Manual Testing with Quality Center and Test Automation with QTP for a web application.
- Created Automated scripts using QTP to reflect a real life scenario for a business transaction and incorporated techniques for data driving, error handling and for dynamic data retrieval from third party software and components.
- Troubleshot automated test failures and resolved issues encountered during test script creation and execution.
- Worked independently, as well as in collaboration with other testers, application developers, business analysts, and end users.
- Types of tests performed include, but are not limited to: Regression, User Acceptance, Operational Readiness and more.