- Over 7+ years of IT experience in Software Testing, proficient in Client/Server and Web based applications
- Excellent working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Hands on experience in Analyzing Requirements, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing using Waterfall, V - Model Methodologies &extensive knowledge of Agile methodology.
- Expert in Manual and Automated Testing using tools like Quality Center, Quick Test Professional and LoadRunner.
- Involved in preparing Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases by reviewing Business Requirements and use cases.
- Experience in Test Designing, Planning, Scheduling, Defect reporting and tracking and Test result analysis.
- Expertise in Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Daily Scrum.
- Preparation of Test Data for positive and negative scenarios.
- Experience with ALM Quality Center for Requirements, Test Plan, Test Designing, Test Analysis, Test Execution & Defect Tracking.
- Extensive experience in using Testing tools such as WinRunner, UFT/QTP, ALM Quality Center, Microsoft Test manager, Coded UI, Selenium, Fitnesse, Microsoft Stress tool and Fitnesse.
- Excellent knowledge in Bug/Defect Life Cycle and experienced in logging defects using the bug tracking tools like HP ALM /Quality Center, providing verifications on fixes in multiple environments and communicating fix success, failures, status updates as appropriate.
- Proficient in developing SQL queries and using different joins on multiple tables to perform Back-end Testing.
- Possess Management skills including implementing and maintaining QA processes and activities.
- Assisted Business Analyst in UAT.
- Excellent communication skills, documentation skills and problem solving skills with a strong technical background.
- Quick learner and excellent team player, ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
- Maintain Close interaction with developers and Business analyst to solve technical issues.
QA Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, V Model
QA tools: Selenium, QTP, Quality Center, Load Runner, Clear Quest, Bugzilla, and HP ALM
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java, VB Script, SQL, .NET, Visual Basic, PowerBuilder
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista, XP, 2000, NT, 98 and UNIX
Technologies: Flash, ASP.NET, HTML, XHTML, XML, CSS
Databases: Oracle 10G, 9i and 8i Microsoft MS Access, SQL Server, and MY SQL Sybase
Front End Tools: Visual Studio 2003, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Outlook, MS Office.
Sr. Selenium Automation Tester
Confidential, Charlotte, NCResponsibilities:
- QA Tester for this application
- Interacted with Business Analysts/Users/Developers for gathering requirements.
- Executed test cases and logged in defects for failed test cases in HP ALM/ Quality Center
- Developed and executed test cases test Scenarios and followed-up defects using HP ALM/ Quality Center
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java.
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed cross browser testing.
- Interacted with the developers to report and using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel.
- Solid understanding of QA Methodologies
- Possesses a solid understanding of current technological trends.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience writing test cases, manually executing them and reporting test results
- Involved in designing Automation Framework and Create Scripts using Web Driver in Selenium for Smoke and Regression Test Cases.
- Executed test cases according to test plans and scripts, document results, and identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Using Selenium, automated the test cases using Java programming language.
- Assure optimum use of QA tools to ensure that defects are entered and updated according to standards.
- Executed test cases through HP ALM/ Quality Center and reported defects in QC.
- Developed the reports using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Used Quality Center for generating reporting defects.
- Report the results to the management and team lead in timely matter.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of individuals - including executives, managers, subject matter experts, developers, and field personnel
- Knowledge of SQL
Environment:HP ALM/Quality Center 10.0, Selenium web driver, MS-Office, QTP, MS-PowerPoint, Windows, XML and HTML.
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential, Manhattan, NYResponsibilities:
- Interacted with business analysts/users/developers for gathering requirements
- Assisted in developing keyword driven and descriptive programming framework for automation defects
- Involved in performing data inspection for files loaded from source to landing zone
- Detected, reported and tracked defects using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Participated in creation of source and target systems using ETL Process and worked with various databases
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Extensive experience in testing code using Fitnesse.
- Work in Selenium IDE and Selenium Web Driver and execute the test cases using Selenium Web Driver.
- Performing Regression test using automated testing tool UFT/QTP, Fitnesse and Selenium.
- Worked with developers to resolve Issues and Production Incidents using HP ALM/ Quality Center
- Mapped the test cases to the Requirements in HP ALM/ Quality Center and executed the test cases in HP ALM/ Quality Center in Test Environment.
- Tested the brokerage and financial services applications for managing equities, fixed incomes, investment portfolios, account activity, balance& holdings, E-statements, retail consumer lending, mortgage lending and resources planning
- Also tested the Customer Relation Management (CRM), information services, account services and profitability analysis
- Performed Functional, Smoke, Usability, Integration and Regression Testing
- Made detailed analysis and tested the structured products, interest-rate products and credit products.
- Worked in protocols used in banking such as web Services, HTML, SOAP, XML
- Executed test cases and reported defects using HP ALM/ Quality Center
- Tracked defects using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Used HP ALM/ Quality Center to record documenting information useful in debugging process, evaluating test data.
- Integrated the selenium smoke test into Jenkins for continuous integration
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium WebDriver and Jenkins.
- Tested each web services (SOAP messages) using SOA test tool (IBM Message Test Utility)
- Actively involved in black box, grey box, white box, negative testing of the application
- Developed automated scripts using QTP to perform functional and regression testing
- Conducted functionality testing during various phases of the application using QTP
- Developedand called user defined functions
- Applied synchronization points and checkpoints wherever required
- Worked with Object Repository to configure mandatory and optional properties
- Parameterized virtual user scripts to provide various sets of data to the server and avoided data caching
- Developed test cases and scripts, and created virtual users in LoadRunner for Load, Stress and Performance Testing of the application
- Performed User Acceptance Testing on all the trading applications
- Interacted with developers and business Users to communicate the defects
Environment:Selenium, SQL Server 2000, SOA, SQL, VB Script, Oracle 10G, ASP.Net, ADO.Net, Visio 2000, IE 6.0, JSP, Unix, Windows 2000, LoadRunner
Sr. QA Web Tester
- Analyzed Software Requirement Specifications (SRS) to understand the business requirements and reviewed master test plan
- Tested the brokerage and financial services applications forequities, fixed incomes, mutual funds, bonds, account management, and investment research
- Worked on FIX messaging and generated various test scenarios to validate differentFIX Transactions
- Created test cases and test scripts for modules of the application under test (AUT) using Quality Center.
- Used SOAP UI Web Services tool for testing web services, inspecting WSDL files, generating SOAP envelopes, and automating or accelerating other common XMLtasks encountered when testing web-service enabled applications
- Performed Cross-browser, Smoke and Security Testing for the web-based projects
- Involved in analyzingapplications using SDLC and development of test cases
- Performed Functional Testing and Manual Testing
- Automated all the test cases using java\selenium WebDriver and built a solid regression suite for the application
- Created automation framework and test scripts using Selenium Web-Driver for multiple platforms and browsers testing.
- Experience in working with different modules of HP ALM/ Quality Center such as Requirements, BPT, Test Plan, Test Lab and Defects.
- Used HP ALM/ Quality Center to create Business Components, write test cases, execute tests, log, assign and track defects
- Created various test sets for different test cycles within Test Lab module of HP ALM/ Quality Center and perform the test case assignment within ALM/ Quality Center for offshore QA testers.
- Used Web Logic as an application server
- Tested database integrity by writing SQL queries
- Participated in Statement of Work, Requirements Gathering, Estimation, and Project Planning with project stakeholders
- Wrote and logged defect reports into a Lotus Notes defect tracking database
- Executed backend manual testing using SQL and constraint validations extensively
- Implemented Quality Center for Requirement Management, Test Design, Test Execution, Defect Logging, and Requirement Mapping with test cases
- Provided Efforts Estimate and coordinated the test schedule using Agile testing methodology in UAT phase.
- Participated in Agile model of SDLC
- Used HP ALM/ Quality Center for reporting and tracking bug and generating reports.
- Created Regression Test cases Suite in HP ALM/ Quality Center and performed regression testing to make sure there were no broken functionalities.
- Automated test cases using Quality Center and monitored the defect tracking process, trouble shooting and generated customized graphs and reports for the client
- Developed and revised manual integration tests for client-server, web, and data management applications.
- Conducted defect review meetings with team members
- Used test batch runner in QTP for Batch Testing.
- Developed automated functional and regression test solutions using QTP
- Used VB Scripts functions extensively
- Created user defined functions and used parameterization for various data driven test scripts with VB Script
- Used check points in QTP to check the expected result of an application
- Developed, modified and debugged scripts in using QTP for future release
- Involved in extensive data validation using SQL queries
- Executed UNIX commands to perform tasks such as creating directories, initiating databases, copying and moving files, checking file lists, and modified the directory
- Analyzed results, measured application performance, created analysis graphs and generated reports
Environment: Quick Test Pro 9.0, Quality Center 9.2, SQL Server 2005, Oracle 8i, VB Script, Visio, UNIX, XML, Soap UI, HTML.Net
- Documented and presented test strategies to management, business and development partners
- Worked with POS System and involved in testing functionalities related to sales tracking, POS scanning, Store ISP, ordering forecast, adjustments, custom retail price and promotions in POS
- Participated in project design meetings to understand the impact of changes in development
- Involved in Integration, Regression, Functional and End-to-End testing on store and merchandising applications that interface with POS
- Experienced in Bug Tracking Tools such as HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Raised Defects and maintained the status of the defect in HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Monitoring the defect life cycle, generating customized graphs and reports for the client, using ALM/ Quality Center.
- Performed verification and validation of various changed build artifacts
- Coordinated test efforts with UAT team and resolved issues in the application
- Executed Web Services automation and validation using tools like HP Service Test & SOAP UI
- Tracked defects using Team Track and used the metrics in testing of further releases
- Communicated functional discrepancies with business expectations and worked with all teams to develop alternate solutions
- Wrote test plans and test cases for enhancements and executed them in Quality Center
- Extensively utilized Quality center and JIRA for test management and defect tracking
- Creating and executing test Plans, Test cases, Test cycles with in JIRA
- Logged defects in Quality Center
- Made recommendations regarding defect prioritization
- Tested POS application that displayed information upon scanning or manual barcode entry such as the description and retail price of the merchandise and type of customer payment
- Conducted Regression and Performance Testing in various releases of the product life cycle
- Was involved in Performance Testing reports of the releases at Global level and provided inputs to rectify errors
- Worked on Production Push releases and handled issues on post-production
- Helped business analysts and developers in investigating software anomalies, analysis, enhancements and bug reporting status
Environment: Windows, Client/Server, JAVA, JSP, ORACLE, SOAP UI, Quality Center, Team Track, Agile, MS Office.