- Over 6 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing using Manual and Automation Testing.
- Depth understanding of all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Extensive working experience in GUI testing, Functionality testing, System testing, Integration testing, Backend testing, Regression Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Experienced in reviewing Project Requirements (BRS), design documents and business documents.
- Good Experience in Black box and Grey Box testing.
- Experienced in using of Defect tracking tools like ALM, HP Quality Center and JIRA for identifying, analyzing, and documenting defects.
- Experienced in writing Test Cases and Test Scenarios in HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Experienced in Tracking bugs and creating reports using defect tracking tools like ALM/Quality Center.
- Experienced in writing SQL verification scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic for Back - end testing.
- Experienced in using Quick Test Pro/UFT to perform regression testing on the applications.
- Experienced in developing function libraries, shared repository, Descriptive programming, Recovery scenarios, and data validation using VB script in QTP/UFT.
- Experienced in writing complex VB Script code and Automation Frameworks using HP Quick Test Professional (QTP)/UFT.
- Expertise in developing Keyword Driven and Hybrid Framework using QTP/UFT.
- Management experience including reporting to upper management, Business users and stakeholders to leverage maximum support for project initiative.
- Strong experience in working with business users for User Acceptance Testing and; generated and communicated status report to different organization levels.
- Enthusiastic and motivated, with effective analytical skills organizational and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have ensured execution of tasks across multiple customers and priorities.
Testing Tools: QTP, HP UFT, HP Quality Center, HP ALM, JIRA
Testing Environment: .NET, SQL, XML, HTML, HTTP, VBScript, Java, C, J2EE, DHTML, PL/SQL
Operating System: Windows, Linux/Unix
Database: Oracle, Microsoft Access
Other Applications: MS Office, MS Excel, PowerPoint
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Involved in the identification, analysis and documentation of Test cases.
- Prepared Test Data for Positive and Negative Testing used in Data Driven Test.
- Performed Black box testing.
- Developed functional test scripts from FRD.
- Involved in writing Functional, GUI, integration test cases in excel sheet and exported them into Quality center.
- Maintained all requirements in Quality center.
- Performed through Database functionality tests and verified the Business Logic Implementation by constructing and executing several SQL statements.
- Worked on Positive and Negative Testing using QTP.
- Created functions and sub procedures and stored them in library files in QTP.
- Prepared Test Cases, Documented and tested UAT Scripts using QTP.
- Prepared the Test Report document which summarized testing activities and results.
- Attended meetings at the beginning of every build to better understand the Business requirements.
- Involved in Knowledge Transfer, Group Discussion, Training Session and Brainstorming.
- Reported bugs based on their severity and coordinated with developers in fixing logged defects.
Confidential, Basking Ridge, NJ
- Involved in analyzing various Documents and Use Cases to prepare the detailed Test Plan.
- Developed Test Cases by analyzing Business requirements, Functional specs and Use Case documents.
- Created and managed test plan to assist overall test assignment, test cases and test scripts for the testing effort using ALM.
- Executed test cases using ALM.
- Coordinated with Development team for Bug fixing issues using ALM.
- Performed Back-end testing using SQL queries.
- Performed Data Driven Testing with UFT to test the application for different sets of data.
- Performed Functional, Regression, System and UAT testing using UFT.
- Developed UFT Automation Script to generate the XML from all the VBS function libraries.
- Performed Sanity testing, Integration testing, System testing and Regression testing by using UFT.
- Actively participated in test case automation using a structured, keyword driven framework with UFT.
- Documented the project sign off and other project closure activities.
- Effectively communicated difficult/sensitive information.
- Participated in design sessions and provide feedback on requirements and design specifications.
- Maintained high customer satisfaction through the delivery of high-quality, timely, and thorough solutions to customer problems.
- Communicated with the management to resolve issues.
- Coordinated with the Business Analyst, QA manager and discussed issues in interpreting the requirements.
- Continuously reviewed and improved testing processes.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Worked closely with Business Analysts and developers to create Test Cases/Scenarios.
- Prepared Test Plan Design and Test case design based on the system requirements/Business requirements.
- Involved in implementing QA methodology and Test Metrics.
- Created Automation Script for Regression Testing.
- Developed and executed Test scripts for Functional Testing.
- Performed Test Cases Management using Quality Center.
- Integrated with Quality center, created test sets for each release.
- Involved in executing the QTP Scripts for regression testing.
- Created shared object repositories in QTP for several scenarios.
- Extensively used VB script for developing the automation basic scripts in QTP for several scenarios.
- Created reusable actions in QTP for reusing them in to some other scripts.
- Worked closely with developers and the Business team to fully understand the scope and functionality of the proposed systems requirements.
- Discussed and Derived Test Plans with the Manager.
- Communicated Defects with the developers and later fixed them.
- Reported and suggested new improvements for the testing efforts at the end of each sprint.
- Participated in daily Scrum meetings to discuss the status of work done.