- 8+ years of experience in Software Testing in Web based Application, Insurance, Healthcare and Banking Applications.
- Proficiency in defining, formatting and executing Test Cases based on Business Requirements Ensuring the Traceability for the requirements throughout the testing process.
- Strong testing Quality Assurance experience within Agile environment .Good understanding of Agile software development lifecycle (iterative and incremental).
- Experience in all stage of Software Testing Life Cycle in connection to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in various types of testing such as end to end, Integration, System, Functional, Database Integrity, Regression testing, Sanity testing and User Acceptance (UAT).
- Hands on experience in testing, defect tracking and Test management tools such as HP Quality Center/ALM QC, Test director, Jira, Bugzilla.
- Experience on HP QTP Automation Test Execution Tool for Regression testing.
- Extensive experience using MS Office tools including MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project and MS Outlook.
- Experience on writing SQL Queries for Data Integrity and Data Validations.
- Proficient in SQL query and testing RDBMS such as Oracle, MySql, SQL Server for data validation.
- Excellent analytical skills in reviewing business requirement documents, system requirements document and converting into Test Case Scenarios.
- Exceptional Written and Oral Communication skills and ability to interact with all personnel from technical, management to business executives.
- Strong team player with excellent inter personal skills and also a Quick leaner.
ETL Tools: Informatica and SSIS
Testing Tools: QTP 8.2, Test Director, Quality Center 9.2.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/7.3, MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000/7.0/6.5, IBM DB2, Teradata V2R6, MS Access and MYSQL, CRM, ERP
Job Scheduling: Autosys, BMC Control M 6.2/7.0
Operating System: UNIX (Sun Solaris 9.0/8.0/7.0, HP - UX 11i v1.5/1.6/2.0, IBM AIX), WINDOWS 95/98/2000/NT/XP, Linux, MS-DOS
Web Service Tools: SOAP UI
Languages/Utilities: SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, TOAD, Quest Central for DB2, UNIX shell scripts (Cron, C), Servlets, XML, HTML, DHTML, C/C++, Visual Basic
- Prepared Test Plan based on Stakeholder Requirements, Solution Specifications and Test Strategy documents
- Documented test cases in Quality Center with pre-conditions, post-conditions, validations etc.
- Wrote complex SQLs to retrieve source data and verify the target data
- Executed batch jobs in Autosys and validate the data
- Progression testing involving Software testing including application security and vulnerabilities
- Regression testing including UI components
- Accessibility, GUI functionality testing as part of risk based regression testing
- Inbound, outbound, reporting and maintenance batch jobs are executed in system test environment
- Co-ordinate restoration of production data in system test environment
- Starting/Stopping of Application, Batch and Web Servers
- Prepared Risk Assessment Matrix to quantify the level of regression testing
- Develop Test Cases, Test Scripts and Test Data
- Execute Test Cases, Validate and document testing results
- Prepared Test Incident Report Document, Test Result Summery Report Document, Test Execution Report Document
- Conducted Stakeholder meetings to review Test Plan, Risk assessment Matrix, Test cases, Test Documentation Report
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using Quality Center/ALM
Environment: Quality Center/ALM, SQL, Sql server, Autosys, Compass point, GEMS, Oracle, JavaConfidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. QA Analyst/Manual Tester
- Prepared Test Plan based on Stakeholder Requirements, Solution Specifications and Test Strategy documents
- Analyzed Business, Functional Requirements, and Design Review Documents to develop Test Plan for projects involved and wrote Test Scripts for positive, negative, edge cases.
- Involved in widely testing applications functionality using different kind of testing like smoke testing, sanity testing, user acceptance testing and regression testing.
- Performed multiple SOA web services validation using SOAP UI Pro.
- Performed Web Service API testing for UI content verification and validation with business logic XML using SOAP UI.
- Understand SAAS functionality and prepare Automation test cases.
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirements (BRS) and based on the business requirements finalized the test plan and defined the Test Cases and written the test scripts for SAAS Automation using.
- Involved in all phases of testing life cycle (analysis, design and execution). Iteration Kick-off and Design meetings, and participated in QA Test Case Reviews.
- Attended daily Scrum Sessions with emphasis on target user stories and removing any obstacles.
- Close interaction with designers and software developers to understand application functionality and performance issues.
- Writing, maintaining, executing Test plans, test cases and Test Scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with team members in fixing the errors.
- Involved in creating SAAS Automation Framework for testing SAAS.
- Performed GUI, Functionality and regression testing of the new builds.
- Performed multi browser (IE, Firefox, and Chrome) testing.
- Actively participated in QA review meetings.
- Gathering requirement for Test bed/data preparation.
- Execute Browser Compatibility Testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari) of a Web based application.
- Responsible for centralizing the testing approaches in various projects.
- Extensively used SQL for Back End testing to validate data in the database.
Environment: MS- Power Query, SQL, SAAS, Business Tool (Spark), Solar Conf etc.Confidential, PENNSYLVANIA
ETL QA Tester
- Analyzed Business Requirements and understood customer and developed QA/SIT Test Plan using Testing Methodology.
- Involved in preparation of Requirement Traceability Metrics (RTM), Software Metrics, Defect Report, Weekly Status Reports and SQA Report using Quality Center
- Demonstrated QA Test Plan with cross-functional team to approve business logic and baseline documents.
- Wrote SQL queries to validate the actual result with expected result. Validated Adhoc Reports, OLAP Reports for Data Accuracy.
- Prepared Test Cases for the mappings developed through the Data warehouse ETL Informatica tool and executed those Test Cases.
- Communicated with Project Management to establish LOE of each phase of SDLC and prioritized QA task.
- Tested the Exception flows using SOAP UI by passing Exception codes in XML
- Developed SQL Script to validate Data Transaction in Front End Testing. Developed complicated and execute via Toad and saved Test Result.
- Working experience in Star schema/Snowflake schema.
- Did testing on multiple Informatica mapping for data validation and data conditioning.
- Used Oracle Developers to validate the Cognos Power Play cubes by running similar SQL queries against the source system(s)
- Work closely with EDI to ensure accuracy in data transmissions and shared processes.
- Conducted UAT to ensure that application is user friendly and functioning to requirements.
- Written cases to test application manually in Quality Center and automated using QTP
- Worked with peers in development and other organizations to troubleshoot and resolve project issues both technical and non-technical in nature.
- Performed functional testing by deployment request, sanity testing, prioritized QA Test Cases.
- Performed System, Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance and Data Center Acceptance Test in AGILE environment.
- Back End Testing using UNIX Utilities and automated Regression Testing using Korn scripting.
- Coordinated the end to end testing efforts of the HIPAA compliance and EDI transactions.
- Responsible for different Data mapping activities from Source systems to Teradata
- Performed Testing of Web Services using Soap UI
- Used TOAD Software for Querying ORACLE.
- Created reports using Rational Quality Manager and Clear Quest.
- Involved in System Integration Testing with external/Internal interface and understood overall customer business functionalities.
Environment: Informatica 9.0, Cognos 8.4, Teradata, HP Quality Center 10, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, XML, QTP, SQL, SQL Server, OLAP, UAT, DB2, SOAP UI, Web services, EDI, Rational Tools, Clear Quest, Java, UNIX, Shell scriptingConfidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirements, data mapping requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center.
- Assisted for the business requirements, ETL Analysis, ETL test and design of the flow and the logic for the Data warehouse project
- External interactions with NSCC, DTCC, NFS and various fund companies in which MMLISI is associated.
- Promoted Unix/Data Stage application releases from development to QA and to UAT environments as required.
- Wrote Complex SQL queries and PL/SQL subprograms to support the test case results, SQL performance tuning.
- Extensively used SQL programming in backend and front-end functions, procedures, packages to test business rules and security.
- Involved in user training sessions and assisting in UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Assisted in promotion of Data Stage code and UNIX Shell scripts from UAT to Production.
- Tested Complex ETL Mappings and Sessions based on business user requirements and business rules to load data from source flat files and RDBMS tables to target tables.
- Created the test environment for Staging area, loading the Staging area with data from multiple sources.
- Assisted in System Test and UAT testing scenarios as required
- Worked with thin client and thick client (Business Objects )
- Extraction of test data from tables and loading of data into SQL tables.
- Created ETL test data for all ETL mapping rules to test the functionality of the Data Stage Mapping
- Extensive experience in writing complex SQL and PL/SQL scripts.
- Tested the ETL Data Stage mappings and other ETL Processes (Data Warehouse Testing)
- Written several complex SQL queries for validating Cognos Reports.
- Tested the reports using Business Objects functionalities like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill Down, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulae etc..
- Tested the ETL process for both before data validation and after data validation process. Tested the messages published by ETL tool and data loaded into various databases
- Responsible for Data mapping testing by writing complex SQL Queries using WINSQL
- Experience in creating UNIX scripts for file transfer and file manipulation.
- Validating the data passed to downstream systems.
- Worked with business team to test the reports developed in Cognos
- Used Quality Center to track and report system defects
- Involved in testing the XML files and checked whether data is parsed and loaded to staging tables.
Environment: Data Stage, MVS, UNIX, Oracle, SQL Server 2005, DB2, Business Objects Windows 2000 Pro, XML, XSLT, XSD, Rapid SQL, PL/SQL, TOAD, Dat Files, XML Files, MS Access, Quality Center, AutosysConfidential
- Worked closely with Business user in Understanding designing and documenting the Functional testing plan and then Writing, executing, documenting the results and Logging defects.
- Involved in development and implementation of test cases test plans test data and test scripts for customers.
- Involved in testing the data warehouse for both the initial load and the incremental loads of the target
- Used Quality Center to develop test cases, and executed them in test lab.
- Involved in various kinds of testing like functional testing, system testing and integration testing.
- Constructed context diagrams and data-flow diagrams based on the description of a business process. Analyzed the data model to code efficiently in SQL.
- Worked with UNIX scripts. Worked with releasing scripts live and tested.
- Created and Configured Workflows, Work lets, and Sessions to transport the data to target using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Extensively involved in performance tuning at source, target, mapping, session and system levels.
- Worked on generating reports using SQL Plus and PL/SQL. Worked on tuning SQL statements.
- Worked intensively with indexes to tune the query, exploited the B-tree and Bitmap index functionality of oracle to get the better performance.
- Involved in preparing detailed Business Analysis documents, ETL design documents, unit test plans for the mappings
- Backend testing of the DB by writing SQL queries and PL/SQL scripts to test the integrity of the application and Oracle databases.
- Good experience in working with UNIX scripts in executing and validating logs for the issues.
- Involved in complete life cycle activities like pre-testing phase and testing phase.
- Analyzed system requirements specifications, developed executed detailed test plans test cases, security and usability of application information.
- Created Test Procedures and Test Cases to perform the system testing and Regression testing.
- Attended bug review and client meetings.
Environment: Informatica power mart 5.1, Toad, SQL, PL/SQL, Test Director, Quality Center, Visual Basic 6.0, Oracle 8i, Windows 2000, UNIX.