- Having Around 7+ years of experience in Software testing in the areas of Web based, Client - Server applications using Manual and Automation testing techniques . Well versed in Manual testing techniques and methodologies
- Extensively used automated test tools like Selenium for Functional and Regression Testing .
- Expert in developing Automation Framework Using Selenium Web Driver and J2EE.
- Excellent experience on Unit Testing Frameworks like TestNg and TestNG .
- Knowledge on using BDD Frameworks like Cucumber .
- Good experience on Build and Configuration like MAVEN.
- Expertise in writing Test strategy, Test Plan Preparation and Implementation, Test Case Design, Test Tool usage, Test execution, Defect Management and Defect Tracking.
- Experience in various financial domains. Good knowledge on Banking, Retail, Insurance
- Experience in SDLC like Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall
- Experienced in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle
- Adept in identifying Test Scenario’s and Writing Test Cases by applying Test Case Design Techniques
- Extensively worked on various Testing types such as Integration, System, Functional, Regression, Sanity, Smoke, User-interface (GUI), Data base and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Performance Testing
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like Jira, and Test Director/Quality Center (QC) and Team Foundation Server.
- Good Expertise on Requirements Analyzing.
- Good experience on Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins.
- Proven ability to work efficiently in both independent and team environments
- Expertise on Testing REST API using Robot Framework
- Strong knowledge in web services testing via Tool Restful web services.
- Excellent Ruby on Rails development experience.
- Exceptional knowledge of Ruby on Rails framework.
- Proficient in testing database of applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access .
- Strong in writing SQL queries to perform backend data validations.
- Highly passionate about mobile apps platforms design and development.
- Knowledge on Mobile testing and tool like Appium.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as TFS& Git .
- Knowledge on Soap UI
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Testing Tools: Selenium 2 Web Driver/RC/IDE/Grid, Quick Test Pro (QTP/UFT), IOT Testing Rally, Protractor, JMeter, Appium, Jasmine
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center (9, 10, 11.0), Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS 2008, 2010, 2012), Rational Clear quest.
BDD Frameworks: Cucumber, Keyword and Data driven framework
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, Python, SQL, PL/SQL
Web Services: REST, SOAP UI, ITKO Lisa
Web Technologies: HTML, Angular JS, AJAX, CSS, Java Script, XML, Amazon web service, SOAP, XSL, XSLT, XHTML, jQuery, JSON
Script Languages: Java Script, UNIX Basics, SQL scripting, VB Script
Platforms: Windows 2003 Server, UNIX, Windows XP/Vista/7/8, MAC OS X
Databases: Oracle R12, MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2014
UML Tools: MS Visio, MS Project, UML
IDE & Reporting Tools: Eclipse 3.3,3.4,3.5, NetBeans 6.0, IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD 6.0,7.0, 7.5)
Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall, SDLC
Build Tools: Ant & Maven
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo
Unit Test Frameworks: Junit &TestNg
Domain Knowledge: Health Care, Insurance, Utilities, Banking & Finance, E-Commerce
Confidential, IOWA CITY, IA
QA Automation Engineer/ REST API Tester
- Understand the requirements and write test cases.
- Automated REST API tests in Gatling and Scala.
- Automated UI tests in Robot framework.
- Modify Gatling API framework to in corporate Feeders for API.
- Execute and Fix automated tests.
- Involved in test planning discussions and estimation.
- Integrate tests with Jenkins and monitor results.
- Validate data in Mongo DB.
- Created test cases during two-week sprints using agile methodology
- Wrote a program to monitor Virtual Machine performance data using VMWare API's.
- Assist other team members with automation issues.
- Used Python programming and language to develop a working and efficient network within the company.
Confidential, REDWOODCITY, CA
QA Automation Engineer/ REST API Tester
- Thorough experience in Agile, Scrum methodologies .
- Automation of test cases using Selenium Web driver , TestNG, Page object Model(POM)
- Designed and documented REST APIs , including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Writing simple to complex SQL queries for testing purpose.
- Validated Restful API services
- Implemented Selenium tool ( Selenium RC, or Selenium GRID ).
- Configured Selenium Grid to execute the scripts in cross browsers.
- Performed white box testing using TestNG for class, method.
- Conducted mobile apps testing across the web.
- Conducted updating and data configurations for multiple apps released weekly.
- Generating the detailed reports of the Bugs, Test Execution summary reports.
- Attended Weekly/Daily reports to clients based on the status of execution/defects.
- Used ALM for Defect Management.
- Developed Ruby on Rails applications.
- Reviewed major system enhancements and architecture of new applications.
- There are some baristas who are friendly to a tee. They will chat up the customers to no end.
- Expert in the interaction between various devices and different versions of Android.
- Wrote technical specifications and maintained all reports pertaining to application development process
- Designed and implemented automated testing tools and programs addressing areas including database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error/bug retests and usability
- Travel to different companies to introduce and encourage the use of Python programming to computer technicians.
- Increased speed and memory efficiency by implementing code migration to convert python code to C/C++ using python
- Familiarity in working with TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6 protocols in an environment which provides multithreading, multi tenancy and High Availability support at Network Layer.
- The AWS CLI's shorthand syntax is designed to make it easier to pass in lists with number, string, or non-nested structures
- Used Python programming and language to develop a working and efficient network within the company
- Have actively participated in delivering Quality application by also suggesting Nice to have features and which were accepted and implemented.
Automation Test Engineer
- Analysis of the Specifications and creation of Test Designs according to the functional requirements.
- Involved in creating Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts. Categorized Severity Incidents Reports based on severity and interfaced with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Interacted with Team lead and developers while testing the application.
- Performed test management and bug reporting using Quality Center .
- Performed Data Driven Testing using extensive data in the test scripts
- Performed the User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and used Case documents for Functional testing.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC pattern base testing with Selenium RC which cut down the script development time in half.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium RC with Junit.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium RC to automate manual testing solutions.
- Used Selenium RC used to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Reviewed Specified Business Documents and prepared Test Cases using Quality Center based on the requirements.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Verification of Frontend GUI Objects and elements.
- Developed automated script for back-end testing using Selenium RC.
- Familiarity with UAT for making website more user-friendly and for web-applications.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries for backend testing
- Knowledge of writing Junit tests using Junit framework.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
Environment: Selenium RC, Java, Junit, LoadRunner, DHTML, Jira, HTML, MSWord, MS Excel, UNIX, Windows, REST API, JSON
System QA Analyst
- Reviewed System Requirement Specification, Technical Specification and functional design documents to achieve better understanding of the project.
- Performing Daily Smoke Test Manually on different browsers (e.g.: Firefox, Safari and IE)
- Created Recovery Files using Recovery Scenario Manager associated the recovery scenarios to tests to instruct QTP with specified trigger action on unexpected event.
- Prepared and executed Test Cases manually for different modules according to the Technical Specification, and Functional Design with all Use Case or User Story documents.
- Worked with data types, variable and variable declaration, naming convention, constants and assigning values to the variables in VB scripting under QTP testing tool.
- Designing Test Cases, Execution of the test cases and reporting the bugs.
- Conducted Functional testing with Valid/Invalid inputs under different scenarios.
- Uploaded Business requirements, test scenarios, test cases and defects to Quality Center.
- Experience in testing using Rest based the Web Services.
- Presented test cases to business for peer review and ensure completeness.
- Involved in the Regression Testing by using Selenium after each modification and enhancement.
- Used Data Driven Framework to check the behavior of application with different inputs as parameters using Selenium.
- Used Synchronization in Selenium to take care of the timing problems between QTP and Application under Test .
- Used Dynamic Identifiers in Selenium.
- Extensively worked on Selenium tools to scale and distribute scripts across many environments.
- Performed defect logging and tracking using the HP Quality center and JIRA .
- Documented the raised defects and followed up with development team for defect fixes.
- Creating keyword or hybrid framework for Functional Testing.
- Responsible for writing SQL queries for accessing data from the MySQL database
- Participated in RTM/TC's Walkthroughs and defect report meetings periodically
- Coordinated with UAT team by providing them with test cases and test data.
- Involved in End-to-End testing of business rules on the Web based application.
- Extensively worked on Selenium tools to scale and distribute scripts across many environments as part of migration from QTP .
- Inserted checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using HP Quick Test Pro (QTP)
- Created test automation scripts using QTP for all the "high" priority test cases using the WAT (Web Application Testing) framework using a combination of Data driven and Keyword driven techniques.
- Monitored project plan execution and project metrics reporting.
- Gathered, analyzed, business requirements, user profile, created workflow processes documentation & charts.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Data and Traceability Matrix.
- Developed and Implemented Test suites, which include features like Data Driven Framework for automated scripts using QTP.
- Performed functional, regression, smoke, and end-end testing.
- Generated automated scripts using QTP and documented them. Created and maintained functional & regression test suites.
- Played a key role in script enhancement process to streamline the regression testing process and to achieve continuous automatic test run.
- Updated QA status report and application database for management reporting purpose.
- Created error/ defect reports and communicated with developers, scripter and application owners for application defect tracking & resolution.
- Involved in Testing of the various results generated by the reports against the data present in the database tables and used UAT on that data involving the users
- Conducted Gap Analysis for each of the review documents concerning the respective feeds in back-end interface.
- Designed and documented test cases derived from requirements.
- Manually verified the applications according to the requirements. Modified automation scripts as test case changes.
- Analyzed the specifications in the User Requirements Document, Functional Requirement
- Participated in Weekly meetings and walk through to discuss Defect Priorities.
Environment: QTP, UAT, QA, HTML, Quality Center, Windows, VBScript, CSS, Maven.