- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Logging and Tracking Defects in all the phases with major responsibilities.
- Expertise in implementing Waterfall / Agile and SCRUM Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, strategies, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrices.
- Extensive experience in various Agile Ceremonies (Daily Scrum, Product Backlog Grooming, Sprint review, Sprint Retrospective).
- Experienced in preparing Test plan, Test methodology, Test scenarios, Test summary reports, Test cases and Test documents for both automation and manual testing based on User requirements, System requirements and Use case documents.
- Experienced in different Testing methodologies like Black Box, White Box, Smoke Testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Unit, Integration testing, GUI testing, System Testing, User Acceptance testing(UAT), Installation, Compatibility and Load testing.
- Effectively worked with various project management tools such as JIRA, Rally and Quality Centre for bug reporting, defect tracking and project management functions.
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object - Oriented Concepts (Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections).
- Professional in designing, developing and enhancing automated test scripts for Selenium using Java.
- Used various Selenium Locator Techniques like ID, name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS, DOM for identifying correct GUI elements in creating automation scripts.
- Proficient Experience in testing and handling different Dropdown, alerts, cookies, pop ups, frames (frames, iframes) of a HTML page with having different DOM's for every iframe using Selenium Web Driver .
- Used Select keyword for selecting multiple values from list, Action for various key and mouse events, with different locators (XPath, CSS, ID, Link Text, DOM, Partial link text).
- Hands on experience in using web-debugging tools like Firebug and Fire Path for locating the web elements.
- Well acquainted with Synchronization Techniques like Implicit Wait, Explicit Wait and Fluent wait.
- Experienced dealing with Ajax Requests in Selenium Webdriver using Synchronization.
- Implemented AutoIT to handle OS pop-ups/applications, stimulate keyboard and mouse events and to upload/download files.
- Extensively worked with Parameterization using TestNG.XML and DataProviders to work differently with a different set of data with TestNG and Selenium.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter and Data Provider.
- Updated Screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging using Extent Reports reporting library with TestNG.
- Well conversant with the implementation of different types of frameworks like Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Behavioural driven Framework( BDD ) and Page Object Model (POM) as design pattern using Selenium.
- Performed Continuous Integration (CI) using Jenkins which is integrated with GIT, TestNG and Maven.
- Working knowledge with Cross Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and used @Parameters and @Dataprovider annotations to check whether the web application works as expected in different browsers.
- Extensively worked with Web Services testing using SOAPUI tool.
- Proven ability to work with Behaviour Driven Development using Cucumber which integrated feature files, Step Definition and Runner classes in Gherkins language.
- Generated test logs using Log4j property file for various log levels.
- Expertise in Database/Backend testing using SQL Queries for data validation.
- Worked on databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server and My SQL.
- Experienced in Mobile Testing using Appium.
- Ability to read an excel file using ApachePOI, and access the data from database using JDBC.
- Scripted the test cases and managed the Framework dependencies using Maven.
- Maintained the Java and selenium test source code and resources in the SVN, GIT version control tool.
- Very good team player in working with others on critical assignments.
Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, SOAP UI, Appium
Languages: Java, C, HTML, CSS, XML
Test Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid, Page Object Model,TestNG
Utilities: GIT, SVN, AutoIT, Firebug, Fire Path.
SOA Technologies: SOAP, REST, WSDL, JSON
Artifacts: Test Cases, Test Plan, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug Report
Bug TrackingTools: JIRA, HP ALM/Quality Center, Rally, Bugzilla.
Behavior Driven Tools: Cucumber
Databases: MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, MS Access.
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ.
Build and Integration Tools: Maven, Ant, Jenkins
MS Office Tools: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8/10, Mac OS, Linux, Unix
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions, Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data and Test reports.
- Developed and executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and analyzed Test Results.
- Involved in preparing test cases using Selenium Web driver to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations , Mouse Movements.
- Implemented TestNG automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and also implemented Regression Test to detect bugs after enhancement and configuration settings of the code.
- Extensive experience in performing Functional testing as per user stories and also performed Integration Testing and System Testing using automation scripts in Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium
- Knowledgeable in performing Parallel and Cross Browser testing on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred and also at important checkpoints of application execution.
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, Cucumber and TestNG
- Used Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Performed mobile testing using Appium.
- Configured the Test Cases to receive input Test Data Sets for the corresponding test cases using TestNG Data Provider Annotation.
- Worked with JIRA for project management and bug tracking.
- Used FireBug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CssSelector, Linked Text, Partial Linked Text, Attributes and Tag names.
- Performed BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber Features, Scenarios and Step Definitions in Gherkins format.
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven.
- Involved in developing automated test cases using Cucumber in JUnit.
- Extensive experience in performing black box testing, database testing, and web-based testing on several test phases.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI Tool and validated request and response.
- Used GitHub as a source repository system.
Environment: WebDriver, TestNG, Agile, Jenkins, Maven, Soap UI, HTML, XML, JIRA, Microsoft Office, Cucumber, Eclipse, Appium.
Senior QA EngineerResponsibilities:
- Performed the role of Senior QA Engineer in a fast-paced agile team.
- Reviewed the requirement documents, system documents to ensure technical accuracy, completeness and compliancy.
- Involved in creating the Test Plan, Test Strategy and Test Cases manually for in-house developed products and software applications developed.
- Designed automation test suites for regression testing using knowledge of java programming language, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG framework.
- Experienced in identifying and creating test data needed for carrying out execution of all functional and regression scripts.
- Actively collaborated with other groups like Change Configuration Management team to understand the risk associated with any changes and Database team to test all features of the application in the perspective of End-to-End.
- Developed and maintained all manual test scripts and other artifacts like test data, test results and defect reports using Rally.
- Experienced in writing Scenarios, Scenario outlines and step definitions using Cucumber for Behavior Driven Development.
- Stored the flow details of Selenium Automation in a file using Log4j.
- Used the knowledge of SQL and Oracle to perform data validations for Backend testing.
- Utilized the knowledge of XML and experience of SOAP UI tool in Web Services testing in multi-tiered application architecture.
- Worked with data-driven framework along with page object model as a design pattern to accomplish a regression cycle which is robust and reusable across multiple applications.
- Coordinated with other cross team to ensure the newly developed features function End-to-End.
- Performed production checkout before each production deployments and supported the operations team in identifying and resolving all production issues.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Cucumber, SQL, Rally, Java, UNIX, Windows, Eclipse IDE, MS Office Tools, Agile.
- Analyzed the Business Requirements and closely worked with the Business Team to get the clarifications addressed.
- Reviewed product requirement documents, functional specifications, and involved in developing test plan and test case documents.
- Extensively used Selenium Web Driver to test the web application.
- Automated test scripts using selenium and TestNG framework.
- Developed Maven targets to execute automation suites from command line.
- Wrote test cases to handle Alerts and Pop ups on the web page.
- Used Firebug/Fire Path Add-on tools to identify the Object's ID, Name, XPath and link in the web application.
- Experienced in performing Data driven testing using Selenium and TestNG framework which reads data from property and XML files.
- Involved in Continuous integration using Jenkins.
- Performed parameterization of the automated test scripts in Selenium to check how the application performs against multiple sets of data.
- Selected the Test Cases to be automated and performed functional testing in the front end using Selenium IDE and Web Driver.
- Created Test Scripts in SOAP UI for Testing Web Services.
- Experienced in cross browser testing on different Operating Systems like Windows, Linux and Mac and on different browsers like Internet explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and safari using Selenium Grid.
- Well-versed with performing Regression testing after each build release of the application and updating the Scripts by executing the Regression suites using Selenium.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate the data that is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Experienced in performing agile testing, reviewing the user stories and participated in various scrum meetings.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Extensively used JIRA for bug tracking and defect reporting.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Involved in planning of Test Execution activities to accomplish tasks on daily/weekly basis.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, SQL Server, HTML, XML, SVN, TestNG, Jenkins, SoapUI, JIRA, Maven.
- Understanding the Business Requirements, functional specifications and design documents.
- Actively involved in the preparation and reviewing the Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases according to the requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing.
- Updated Reports and dashboards to display the status of test coverage including the number of test cases passing, failing or pending.
- Interacted with developers, users and various members of the team to discuss issues, resolve defects and set priorities.
- Involved in Managerial Meetings and attended various conference calls at different levels from QA, Developers and Clients.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Windows, Quality Center, MS Office, Firefox, Internet Explorer, chrome, SQL Server.
- Implemented and followed Waterfall methodology.
- Experienced in setting Test plan and Test Lab in Quality center for the projects to create and access requirements, defects, test cases and reports for the status.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Implementation of QA approach to ensure quality of product and was involved in project planning and coordination.
- Created and executed detailed test cases with systematic procedure and expected results and maintained the Test Logs, Test Reports, Test Issues, defect tracking using Quality Center.
- Involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases.
- Created test coverage matrix for Regression and Smoke Testing of the product.
- Used SQL Server as the backend database.
- Written SQL Queries on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Reported using QA status Reports, Defect Log Reports, Traceability Reports and Test Execution and Results Reports.
- Extensively involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Interacted with manual and automation testing team to come up with best ways to improve data.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Windows, HP Quality Center, MS Office, HTML, MS Excel.