Performance driven, resourceful and versatile team player with over 12 years of professional experience in Quality Assurance. Experienced team leader who has also mentored team members. Meticulously detail oriented with expertise in testing and team collaboration. Recognized for innovative trouble - shooting, analytical skills, adaptability and excellent communication & organizational skills.
- Strong Functional tester with sound knowledge of Software lifecycle and test procedures
- Experience working in an Agile(scrum) environment.
- Adept at System, Integration, End to End, Regression, User Acceptance and Database Testing along with failure investigation in Automation logs.
- Proficiency in Oracle Retail Applications- Oracle Retail Merchandising System (ORMS), Oracle Retail Price Management (ORPM). Good knowledge in retail domain
- Good knowledge in SQL and intermediate knowledge of UNIX
- Experienced in test automation using Java and in automation frameworks like Selenium and TestNG.
- Root cause analysis of defects, defect reporting and defect management
- Proficient in planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules.
- Experienced in working closely with development and business teams to exchange projects information and to understand business requirements
- Designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test estimates.
- Executing the test cases and debugging the failures. This involves:
- Writing complex SQL scripts
- Running shell scripts in Unix
- Analyzing SQL procedures, functions, materialized views etc.
- Documenting software defects using bug tracking system.
- Carried out Functional testing, System Integration testing and End to End testing.
- Working with business analysts to understand the as-is and to-be functionality to ensure test coverage for all areas involved in the functional flow.
- Deliver QA testing reports that determined product quality and release readiness
- Proactively learnt automation principles and practices.
- Identify functionalities for automation and automated few of them using Java.
- Created and updated functional and test documents for the team.
- Working with the offshore vendor teams and reviewing the work done by the teams.
- Involved in sprint planning, grooming and retrospective.
- Testing fixes for production issues.
- Part of the Test Community of Practices.
- Provided knowledge and individual mentoring to team members as needed
Software and Tools used: TOAD, SQL, UNIX, RETEK Suite of Applications- Oracle Retail Merchandising System (ORMS) and Oracle Retail Price Management (ORPM), Eclipse, Maven, Selenium, TestNG, SoapUI., GIT, JIRA, QTest, SharePoint, Confluence
- This process involves getting the best possible resolution for any user post on pointer’s community. There are various other responsibilities that a moderator has to perform:
- Keep a check on the health of the community and improve traffic on the community.
- Attend war room meetings and present pointers status.
- Keeping a check on the tags associated with questions posted.
- Categorize the question posted and identify whether it’s a bug, a feature request or a generic issue.
- Instruct users on how to gather logs using troubleshooting tools and submit them for analysis. Analyze submitted log files to determine if a problem has already been reported or is a new issue.
- Provide a solution to the query posted based on knowledge base/“FAQ" or communicate to the appropriate product group / alias to get attention on the issue reported.
- Creating a knowledgebase - Moderation process requires lots of knowledge around products and services.
- Create BI reports using pointers and supportability data and customize them as per requirements
- Use Power Query to analyze, process and shape the data to suite our needs.
- Then use Power Pivot to create Data Models and structure the data based on the Supportability Requirements
- Using Power View feature create customized and Interactive Charts
- Finally upload the Power BI reports which we have created using Power View to our Team Power BI site
- Testing the pointers site and the pointers modern app.
- Test various features and functionalities of pointers (both site and modern app)
- Log relevant bugs and tracking it to closure
Software used: Team Foundation Server, Pointers application, product studio, VSO (visual studio online), Power BI
Software Test Engineer
- Test various features and functionalities of Bing search engine and Bing Maps on various browsers viz. Windows IE 6/7/8/9/10, windows chrome, windows Firefox, Mac chrome, Mac Firefox, Mac safari
- Test various features and functionalities of Bing search engine and Maps on various mobile devices and tablets across different platforms like IOS, android, windows and RIM.
- Emulate customer scenarios using the Bing search engine and maps and record the steps followed and issues faced. Also provide a feedback on the ease of use, speed and comfort in executing these scenarios using the Bing application from a customer perspective.
- V7 Map control (API) and Map point testing (Streets and Trips).
- Analyze and categorize customer DSAT(dissatisfaction) feedbacks and prepare reports
- Test various apps like Photosynth for mobile, the translator app for mobile, Bing app for iPhone and Android, Maps appex and Translator app on Windows 8, agaves (maps, news, image and finance) for office 15 etc.
- Log relevant bugs and tracking it to closure.
- Review test cases and log test case issues. Update test cases when required.
Software used: Team Foundation Server, Manual Test Pass Scheduler, Manual Execution Tool, Visual Studio, Zune, iTunes, Silverlight
Software Test Engineer
- Perform Platform Testing which involves executing the tests for different Windows
- Phone 7 features on the build provided by an OEM. Platform testing involves:
- Flashing the retail windows phone device from the OEM with the latest available build for that device
- Perform feature tests like phone calls, touch, browser, connectivity, SMS, audio/video routing, email etc.
- Run Microsoft OS team provided automations and analyzing the failures and reporting them
- Perform WPQx Windows Phone Quality Experience Testing. WPQx defines evaluative and qualifying criteria. The WPQx test involves:
- Flashing the retail windows phone device from the OEM with the latest available build for that device.
- Perform Microsoft software policies compliance testing such as settings, firmware version, OS version, registry, etc. to make sure that OEMs have the acceptable settings according to Microsoft standard
- Perform hardware policy compliance testing set by Microsoft such as camera resolution, flash, RAM size, microphone, touch accuracy etc.
- Execute Microsoft OS team provided hardware driver related automations thru Test Central (Microsoft Internal tool) and analyzing the failures
- Perform Device health tests to verify build image performance, analyze test results, and report results to the engineering groups supported. Device Health tests are one of the quality gates.
Software used: Visual Studio, Windows Test Technology, Platform Builder, Windows Phone Test Central, Product Studio, Power tool.
Principal Software Engineer
- Understanding the new functional requirements and the business needs and Preparing test scripts comprising of test scenarios and definition to test:
- The various modifications as well as base functionalities of ORMS and ORPM.
- The new and existing ORMS/ORPM batches
- The ORIB functioning and also the impact of the new modifications to the downstream systems namely ODS (Operational Data Store).
- Executing the test scripts and capturing the test results which included testing various modules in ORMS and ORPM, running ORMS/ORPM batches as well as verifying the data has reached the downstream systems via BizTalk interface
- Raising functional/technical defects whenever necessary, also suggesting design improvement suggestions and preparing summary and defect reports
- Acting Team Lead in Team Lead’s absence.
- Interact with BA’s, supplier, development and support teams to get clarity on understanding of the business and applications
- Contribute to test strategy documents
- Mentoring fresher joiners on complex NBS functional areas
- Part of the UAT (user acceptance testing) team for three months (11th May 2009 till 9th Aug 2009) carried out at the client location based out of UK. This team:
- Worked on preparing various functional scenarios for the real business users to execute.
- Helped the business users to carry out execution of business scenarios whenever they encountered any doubts/issues on the new application.
- Captured business user feedbacks and bugs reported
Software used: SQL, UNIX, RETEK Suite of Applications- Oracle Retail Merchandising System (ORMS) and Oracle Retail Price Management (ORPM), MS BizTalk server 2006,Web services. Rational testing tools (ClearCase, ClearQuest and Rational Test Manager)
- Software Developer/Tester
- Coding and unit testing of various enhancements/requirements
- Configuration Controller for the project
Software used: C, UNIX, PL/SQL
- Analysis, Coding and Unit testing of various enhancements, in Retek Distribution Management system.
- Integration and system testing of the RDM (Retek Distribution Management), Issue Tracking, Bug reporting and Bug Fixes.
Software used: UNIX, Oracle, TOAD, Oracle Forms-D2K, Retek Distribution Management
QA- Software Engineer
- Integration and system testing of Retek Demand Forecasting Application for Williams Sonoma, which involved Test Execution, Issue Tracking and Bug reporting.
- Test Execution involves executing the scenarios present in the Scenario Matrix and the results are verified against the results in the test case document.
- Integration and System testing of CRYSTAL and MICROSTRATEGY reports which involved Test Execution, Issue Tracking and Bug reporting.
- Test execution involves executing the reports in the respective environments with the correct parameters and extracting the data to be validated against results obtained from SQL queries.
Software used: Unix, Oracle, TOAD, RETEK Suite of Applications- Retek Predictive Solutions, Retek Merchandising System, Retek Data Warehousing, Crystal Reports 9, MicroStrategy 8, VB macros, MS Excel.