- An IT professional in the field of QA with over 8 years of experience in preparing Test strategy, Test plan, Test Methodology, Test scenarios, Test summary reports, Test cases and Test documents for both automated and manual testing based on User requirements, System requirements and Use case documents.
- Extensively involved in UI Automation by using Selenium Webdriver, Java, SOAP UI testing, Database SQL Testing, Web application testing, and designing Unit Testing framework.
- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Logging and Tracking Defects in all the phases with major responsibilities.
- Expertise in implementing WaterFall / Agile and SCRUM Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications and responsible for developing Test Objective, strategies, Scope, Test procedures and Test Matrices.
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining Automation frameworks - Page Object, Hybrid, Keyword Driven and Data Driven Frameworks
- Experience in different Testing methodologies like Black Box, White Box, Smoke Testing Functional testing, Regression testing, Unit, Integration testing, GUI testing, System Testing, User Acceptance testing(UAT)Installation, Compatibility and Load testing.
- Experience in developing selenium automation framework using Junit/TestNG and developing ANT/Maven targets to execute automation suites.
- Experience in using finder mechanisms like CSS, XPath expression, HTML id and name to find the Web Elements.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read data from external sources to feed locators into the test script.
- Using Selenium Screenshots for bug reporting, analysis and exception debugging.
- Experience in using Selenium Webdriver, Eclips TestNG test frameworks in creating test scripts, test suites and HTML reports.
- Performed Continuous integration automation using Jenkins and scheduled the tests to run at specific time.
- Experience in configuring Jenkins to email the content of the status of the build.
- Generated test logs using Log4 j forvarious log levels.
- Experience in preparing test data for positive and negative testing and identified critical bugs in the product early in the test execution cycle.
- Experience in controlling the flow of execution of methods using TestNG annotations.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, BugZilla etc.
- Experience testing with RestFul/SOAP Web Services .
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios, and features for TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development) using Cucumber.
- Expertise in working knowledge of Core Java and Object Oriented Concepts( Inheritance, Polymorphism, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading and Collections)
- Experienced in Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Wrote complex SQL query by joining multiple tables according business logic for data validation.
- Maintained the Selenium and JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like SVN, GIT over the time for improvements and new features.
- Experience with Cross- Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Experience in Parallel Execution of Multiple Tests at a time in different environments.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional testingusing the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider .
- Proficiency in testing complex software applications including manual testing.
- Strong experience of E-commerce, Financial, Banking, Insurance, Trading domains
- Dynamic and assertive team player with a strong inclination to improve and optimize process development and implementation.
- Excellent analytical skills with good communication and self-organizing skills, assertive and a committed team player.
Test Approaches: Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, SDLC, STLC, Bug Life Cycle
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/GRID, QTP, SOAP UI, Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit
Markup Languages: HTML, XML, XPath, CSS Selector, XSL, XSLT, AJAX, JSP.
Testing Frameworks: Page Object, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Hybrid Driven Frameworks
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, BugZilla, Quality Center
Databases: DB2, MS Access, TOAD, My SQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Mongo DB
Continuous Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX
MS Office Tools: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access
Utilities: Eclipse, GIT, SVN, Firebug, Fire Path
Sr.QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Pocatello, ID
- Created Test strategy and plan, create test data and organize test plans and test runs for automation.
- Very good experience in User Acceptance testing used to test the application for different modules/links in the application with the help Cucumber tool in a Behavior Driven Development (BDD) Framework.
- Used Emulators and Simulators to perform manual testing of native mobile applications.
- Identified test cases to automate, prioritized suitable candidates for automation and automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java.
- Developed the automation framework using Selenium and TestNG for functional testing.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in Java.
- Designed and Develop Selenium Hybrid Automation framework using Java reflection, TestNG, Apache POI for Web Service automation and Maven.
- Used SOAP UI assertions and Groovy script for web service automation Testing.
- Used Maven to prepare report in automation difficulties and test results for further applications.
- Responsible for the test and quality of a Hybrid Mobile application which made development and maintenance easier.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on regular basis automatically.
- Involved in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with MAVEN.
- Performed various testing activities like GUI testing, functional testing, browser compatibility testing, regression testing.
- Used the Firebug to inspect the XPath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java development.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Developed Web Service Test with SOAP UI to test SOA platform.
- Built & run end-to-end test frameworks using Protractor for Angular JS applications for user-testing scenarios.
- Developed a fully automated continuous integration system using GIT, Maven, Jenkins and custom tools developed in Python.
- Reported the bugs/defects through JIRA.
- Worked in Agile Scrum Development Environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Strong Knowledge in CA LISA Service Virtualization with web services, MQ and REST services and creating CA LISA Test cases for performing Automation.
QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Richmond, VA
- Participated in development of Test cases and Test scripts by reviewing business requirements document and technical specification document.
- Participated and contribute towards functional specification.
- Performed manual testing of the web application.
- Responsible for creating test cases for the Remote Deposit Capture and Desktop Deposit Application in HP Quality Center. Also used QC to track and manage the entire Test documentation.
- Executed multi-faceted testing including Black Box, Functional, Smoke, Regression, Integration, and Ad hoc Testing according to test plan.
- Involved in User Acceptance testing (UAT) to validate the application.
- Designed, implemented, and updated the test plans using Quality Center by reviewing appropriate documentation to test the functionality of different modules.
- Used QC to log, track and generate bug status reports and updated the Traceability Matrix.
- Participated in releasing and iteration planning, and represented the QA team.
- Interacted and managed expectations of multiple participants in the application development lifecycle.
- Participated in risk management to help determine best use of development and testing resources.
- Work on different platforms including Android and IOS such as Iphone4G, iphone3s, ipad, ipad2, and Samsung galaxy S, SII, and HTC EVO 4G.
- Managed small teams of testers, delegated testers to implement plans and Allocate resources with changing business processes.
Environment: and Tools: HP Quality Center, Android SDK tools and Iphone configuration.
Devices: IOS, Android, and HTC (iPhone3, iPhone4, iphone3s, ipad 1&2, Samsung galaxy S, SII, and HTC EVO 4G).
Confidential, Tampa, FL
- Used Selenium RC for testing different browser, Selenium Grid for checking instance of server and Selenium IDE for record and playback.
- Involved in Mobile Testing includes App Testing. Test automation for web application using Cucumber.
- Actively involved in SDLC and STLC process and used tools like Selenium RC/Web driver, JMeter, SOAP UI.
- Created framework in Selenium Web Driver using behavior driven approach like J Behave.
- Implemented Test Cases based on User Stories for testing in Quality Center.
- Created split actions using VB scripts to call them in different tests in UFT tool.
- Accessed error log files using UNIX commands.
- Applied Checkpoints and used Recovery Scenario Manager to perform testing in UFT tool.
- Used joins and union SQL queries to validate databases.
- Utilized Smart Identification feature of UFT tool to identify Objects.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and Developed Test Plans, Test Cases and generated Test Scripts for both Positive and Negative testing.
- Extensively used Quality Center for Test planning, Test execution, defect tracking and Reporting.
- Set the traceability between test requirements and test cases through coverage.
- Worked on SQL Tools like TOAD and SQL Server Management Studio to run the SQL
- Performed Data Driven Testing to test the application with different sets of data from the test database.
- Worked closely with Agile Scrum team from several domains to ensure product testability while running Regression tests in Selenium WebDriver using TestNG.
- Developed automated test process. Used to create scripts for regression testing.
- Created split actions using VB scripts to call them in different tests in UFT tool.
- Prepared test data for automation of regression test cases.
- Reported the bugs using Quality Center.
Environment: Manual Testing, Test Scripts, Quality center, Java J2EE, XML, SQL, HTML, Web Logic, Oracle 10g, Win 7/Vista.QA Test Engineer
- Optimized Quick Test Professional (QTP) scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types.
- Performed Automation testing of web based applications using QTP.
- Used Quick Test Professional (QTP) for regression testing and running the automation suite.
- Involved in bug tracking using Quality Center/Test Director.
- Involved in writing the SQL Queries.
- Executed and scheduled the automation test scripts from Quality Center.
- Developed manual test scripts to evaluate Corporate Information Security Web based user authentication applications.
- Involved in analyzing the requirements document to formulate the test cases and conducted manual testing for the entire application.
- Extensively used SOAP UI for functional testing of web services.
- Used SOAP/REST services using SOAP UI, Groovy Script to test the services.
- Prepared Test cases and Test plans for new functional modules.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML, JSON files.
- Creation of QTP scripts for Attachmate Terminal emulator to support ETL processes on mainframe environment.
- Performed Data Driven and Keyword driven Tests.
- Developed and maintained Hybrid Framework, Extensively used my SQL proficiency during data migrations.
- Involved in writing load test scripts using Apache JMeter.
- Developed the project by using the waterfall methodology.
- Used Firebug and Firepath for element identification while creating Page Object Repository.
- Executed automated tests in appropriate test regions in support of unit, integration, functional, and regression testing using WebDriver.
- Designed and developed automated scripts which involved Functional Regression, Integration test cases using WebDriver.
Environment: Selenium RC, WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Quality Center, Soap UI, HTML, XML, Oracle, Java Script, Ajax, UNIX and Windows.
- Understanding the Business requirements, Application and function specifications, Design documents.
- Involved in writing and designing templates for the Test Plans and Test cases.
- Involved in Preparation of Test Scenarios and review of Test Cases.
- Involved in updating and executing test cases according to requirements.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Quality Center.
- Performed GUI, Functional, Negative, Positive, Regression and User Acceptance Testing.
- Prepared various reports based on different stages of Testing..
- Updated Reports and dashboards to display the status of test coverage including the number of test cases passing, failing or pending.
- Interacted with developers, users and various members of the team to discuss issues, resolve defects and set priorities.
- Involved in Managerial Meetings and attended various conference calls at different levels from QA, Developers and Clients.
Environment:: Java, Windows, Quality Center, MS Office.