- Quality Assurance Engineer with 6+years of hands on experience in testing web and mobile application as well as designing, analyzing and maintaining Java applications for large enterprise customers.
- Extensive knowledge and experience using Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selinium Webdriver, Junit, SoapUI.
- Strong hands on experience using white box, black box testing, unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, load testing, API testing and GUI testing.
- Strong experience creating automation test scripts in TestNG Unit Test Framework.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in developing OOP design.
- In - depth knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC), quality assurance life cycle and various other testing methodologies.
- I have effectively worked alongside developers and business analyst to solve technical issues and deliver IT solutions to various projects over course of 6 years.
- I maintain a strong sense of strong management, multi-tasking, analytical, leadership and communication skills which allows me to be highly successful in this role.
- Wrote test plans executed test cases specified by BRD & FRD.
- Knowledgeable in writing detailed bug reports using JIRA, Bugzilla, and HP Quality Center (QC)/ Test Director.
- Experienced using tools such as Selenium IDE, Selenium RC and Web Driver, Eclipse IDE.
- Experienced in automation testing framework such as JUnit and TestNG using Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid and Web Driver .
- Performed automated GUI and functional testing on web based applications using Eclipse IDE.
- Made and executed test Scripts implementing Data Drive Tests, GUI checks using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Skilled in web service inspection, invoking development, simulation and mocking, load and compliance testing using SOAP UI and Rest API . Experience also includes hands on white box testing knowledge in Java and JDBC .
- Experienced in testing application features for web based and mobile applications based on Functional Specification Document (FSD) . Ran Junit tests to ensure functions were properly running.
- Used Selenium IDE to ensure the quality and functionality of the application runs smoothly. Also ran configuration and installation testing.
User Acceptability Testing (UAT):
- Developing UAT strategy, process and test plans, setting up environments to help facilitate and provide system walkthroughs to end users during deployment.
- Experienced with Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM
- Fully understand the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Deep knowledge of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) designing tests, creating test reports, executing test plans, test cases and test scripts based on business requirements as well as writing detailed bug reports.
- Strong knowledge in analyzing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Cases, Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and Software Requirement Specifications (SRS).
- Experienced using Java, Object Oriented Design, JSON, Eclipse and C++.
- Deep knowledge in query languages including SQL for backend testing as well as PL/SQL for procedures and function as part of data validation.
Automated testing tools: junit, tEST NG, selenium rc, selenium webdriver, soap ui, Web Services, qtp
Confidential, San Diego, CA
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Met with developers and business analysts to understand BRD and FRD documents.
- Analyzed system design specifications and developed test plans, test cases according to the specifications of the application.
- Participated in weekly meeting through the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Ran scripts using Selenium Web Driver to test latest changes and new features for the application.
- Carried out Regression testing to builds manually and running automated scripts.
- Used TestNG to verify the functionality of the application was working correctly.
- Checked and verified the application was compatible with different browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox).
- Used Soap UI for testing performance and load of the Web Services
- A utomated SOAPUI test cases in Unattended mode
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAPUI.
- Created Database checkpoints to verify the insert, update and delete records.
- Developed and executed test to find and report defects.
- Used Jira to prioritize and write detailed bug reports with attached screenshots of defects.
- Provided development manager with testing results and weekly status report to the QA manager.
- Maintained a close and strong working relationship with teammates and management staff to achieve an expected QA result for the project team
Environment: Eclipse IDE, Web Driver, Soap UI, Jira, XML
Confidential, New York, NY
Quality Assurance Consultant
- Examined the business requirement document (BRD) and functional requirement document
- (FRD) to understand the specifications of the application.
- Heavily involved in SDLC including designing, developing and testing.
- Wrote test plans and test cases for each feature of the application
- Performed front end GUI & functional using TestNG. Links worked correctly, no spelling errors, buttons and input boxes functioned normally, correct error messages, scroll bar and etc.
- Used Selenium Web Driver to write automated scripts using Eclipse IDE and Java.
- Analyzed the results of the failed tests to figure out locations of the defects.
- Logged and prioritized bugs in JIRA
- Effectively captured screenshots of failed tests and attached them to test reports in Jira.
- Worked in the Agile development environment with frequently changing requirements and Features set
- Provided Test Plans and Status reports to Upper management
Environment: Eclipse IDE, Selenium IDE, Jira, Web Driver, Java
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Analyzed business requirement documents, functional requirement documents and necessary resources.
- Developing Test Plans, Test Cases as per functional requirements for Manual Testing of application.
- Used emulators to do sanity, compatibility and functional testing.
- Used virtual mobile testing tools for exhaustive functional test, compatibility test, interrupt test, regression test.
- Used Android SDK for app configuration and installation, extracting logs and screenshots from the connected Android devices
- Worked with the ADB for performing functional and regression testing on the android platform using JUnit
- Used the Android SDK emulator for the initial phases of the project before switching to real devices
- Conducted GUI testing, performance testing and compatibility testing using actual devices.
- Used JIRA for bug tracking and bug reports
- Provided Development manager with testing results and weekly status report to the QA director.
- Maintained a close and strong working relationship with teammates and management staff to achieve an expected QA result
Environment: Android Platform, Junit, ADB, GUI, Jira
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Analyzed the Business requirements and System specifications to understand the Application.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases & Test Scripts as per functional requirements for Testing of Web Bases Application.
- Used Selenium IDE to record and play back test in Firefox.
- Used selenium to generate automation test framework
- Prepared automation test framework by exporting test case scripts from Selenium IDE to Eclipse IDE and then modifying the scripts using Java (Java-Selenium RC).
- Used Selenium RC to run tests in different browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox).
- Used Eclipse IDE to run scripts as JUnit tests.
- Performed backend testing using PL /SQL Queries to validate that data is being populated as well as comparing manually the results with front end value.
- Performed cross browser compatibility testing between different operating systems.
- Kept a strong communication with QA manager, Product manager, and developers
Environment: Eclipse IDE, Selenium IDE, SQL, PL SQL, JUnit, Java